• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God the baby killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God killed a lot of babies if indeed the Bible is true.

Lots of babies were killed in the flood or at Sodom and Gomorrah alone, that's not all the people the Israelites annihilated later on at God's orders, or the firstborn in Egypt murdered by an Angel. Etc.

I don't believe the Bible is without error, but let's pretend it is.

Why is it that so many Christians point the finger at abortion doctors for killing babies, yet they worship a baby killer with a much higher kill count than any other abortion doctor?

I love God, just like I love my own father, just like I love everybody, but that doesn't mean I have to love his behavior.

Also, I feel I'm doing God a necessary service by pointing out how ridiculous this book called the Bible is.

I feel that it gives the creator of Heaven and Earth an extremely bad name.

I believe the Bible is the biggest cause of Atheism in our world. I am 100% convinced that the Bible is the greatest insult to God, therefore I'm doing God a service.

For all you know, most miscarriages could be the work of God as well.

Why do Christians take such a strong stand against abortion, but then they make every excuse for why it's okay for God to kill babies?

Then again, just because an ancient text says something is true, that doesn't make it true. You want to believe in talking snakes, dragons, or that Nephilim were breeding with humans, and so much other ridiculous stuff that I've mentioned on other threads, I'll respect your decision, insofar as you aren't pressuring others to accept it.

Just stop pretending that you know the Bible is without error or falsehoods.

Throughout the Bible, men of God fell into extreme error, so it is very far-fetched to think that men of God committed no error in writing their tales down.

Last edited by a moderator:

InChrist

Free4ever
The Bible is like no other book in it's realistic portrayal of the reality of the human condition, flaws, sins and all and the human need for salvation. God is the Author and Creator of life and as such, He alone has the right to take life according to His wisdom, timing, and way. Humans do not have that right. So comparing God's actions with abortionists is an unequivalent comparison.

The way you babble on and on and on with your attacks against God and the Bible only substantiate that you know the biblical scriptures are accurate. Something that isn't true wouldn't get such ceaseless attention.

"Mockery is the unintentional homage that falsehood pays to truth. Scorn is the unconscious praise which sin gives to holiness."
Charles Spurgeon

InChrist

Free4ever
I love God, I just don't like the Bible.

there is no text in history that leaves people more divided and pits more people against each other!
You or I would have no clue about God if He did not communicate to us through His written Word. So either you love a god of your own imagination or you love another god, because the Creator God has provided revelation of Himself through the Bible. If you hate the Bible you hate God.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You or I would have no clue about God if He did not communicate to us through His written Word. So either you love a god of your own imagination or you love another god, because the Creator God has provided revelation of Himself through the Bible. If you hate the Bible you hate God.
Muslims would say " if you hate the Quran you hate God."

For all you know, the Muslims could have the true word of God.

The reason I focus on the Bible so much is not because I believe it's true.

You are absolutely 100% uttering falsehood there, and I know that with 100% certainty!

I focus on the Bible, because I see no book that divides more people, stirs up more bigotry, and has more verses that are not meant to be taken literally, than any other book in history.

I believe there is some truth in the Bible and that it is mixed with error.

I can promise you that I can prove you don't even follow the Bible.

Without the Bible, people could learn about God through prayer and observing nature and the charity, humility, wisdom, virtue, honesty, and strength of other people.

I spend multiple hours every day in prayer, and God seems to be repeatedly telling me that the Bible contains much falsehood.

There is incessant arguing, bickering, hatred, and bigotry amongst Christians as they fight with one another to discover the correct interpretation of a book that is impossible to interpret.
The Bible is like no other book in it's realistic portrayal of the reality of the human condition, flaws, sins and all and the human need for salvation. God is the Author and Creator of life and as such, He alone has the right to take life according to His wisdom, timing, and way. Humans do not have that right. So comparing God's actions with abortionists is an unequivalent comparison.

The way you babble on and on and on with your attacks against God and the Bible only substantiate that you know the biblical scriptures are accurate. Something that isn't true wouldn't get such ceaseless attention.

"Mockery is the unintentional homage that falsehood pays to truth. Scorn is the unconscious praise which sin gives to holiness."
Charles Spurgeon

InChrist

Free4ever
there is no text in history that leaves people more divided and pits more people against each other!

That is false. Humans have no need of the Bible to give excuse to be divided or against each other. They have practiced such behavior very well throughout history all on their own. Sure there have been those who abuse and control others by sinfully (mis) using the Bible as they use anything for their own power, but they will be held accountable and such misuse of the Bible does not discredit the scriptures in and of themselves.

On the other hand, the Bible has brought hope and transformation to people and societies lifting people out of darkness, poverty, slavery, inspiring care for others, the building of hospitals, orphanages, schools, etc.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
That is false. Humans have no need of the Bible to give excuse to be divided or against each other. They have practiced such behavior very well throughout history all on their own. Sure there have been those who abuse and control others by sinfully (mis) using the Bible as they use anything for their own power, but they will be held accountable and such misuse of the Bible does not discredit the scriptures in and of themselves.

On the other hand, the Bible has brought hope and transformation to people and societies lifting people out of darkness, poverty, slavery, inspiring care for others, the building of hospitals, orphanages, schools, etc.
The Bible says "ask anything of the father in my name and it will be done for you."

I ask for things that are according to God's will, in Jesus name. I asked for understanding, and the grace to always know and do the will of God, and repeatedly God seems to be telling me the Bible is true in some places, false in others.

King David wrote some of the Bible and that man was an adulterer and a murderer.

if God did not guide his people away from error, what makes you think that they were without error when they penned the Scriptures???

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I try to pray without ceasing.

I trt to love and serve God.

I find much of the Bible to be thoroughly disgusting. I simply cannot help what goes against my conscience.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm giving you a like frubal, not because I like most of what you say, but I do like it when the Bible stirs up charity, humility, compassion, hope and joy in people.

InChrist

Free4ever
Muslims would say " if you hate the Quran you hate God."

For all you know, the Muslims could have the true word of God.

For one thing, the Quran says Allah hates the Jews. The Bible says the True God who created heaven and earth loves the Jews and has chosen the people and nation of Israel for a special purpose.

Also...

"Allah supposedly inspired the Qur’an through the Angel Gabriel speaking to Muhammad. But the Qur’an, for example, never mentions Jerusalem, whereas the Bible does, 811 times. The Qur’an contradicts itself. A major distinctive is the Bible is written by 40 different authors over a period of 1,600 years. Most of them never knew one another—they came from different times in history, different cultures, yet there is incredible unity, continuity, agreement, intertwining, from Genesis to Revelation. No contradictions—the Qur’an has all kinds of contradictions.

Now, for every writer of the Scriptures—now, these men, the only thing they had in common was they all claimed to be inspired by the one true God—so for every writer that we have in the Bible who claimed to be inspired by the one true God, we have 39 other corroborating witnesses, whereas the Qur’an, you’re going to have to take Muhammad’s word for it. He’s the only one. He supposedly did not know how to read or write, so his oral statements were taken down on pieces of bark or stick or stone, or whatever was…'
Are Both the Bible and the Qur'an Inspired of God?

Kelly of the Phoenix

The Bible is like no other book in it's realistic portrayal of the reality of the human condition, flaws, sins and all and the human need for salvation.
If the bible were realistic, it'd be like 5 pages long, because you could stop most of the plots if anyone had any sense.

Most bible stories:
Person A: Here's some minor annoyance.
Person B: We should overreact.
God: I agree. Overreaction is the best action. Hold My beer.
*world ends*
Bugs Bunny: I KNEW I should've taken a left at Albuquerque.

God is the Author and Creator of life and as such, He alone has the right to take life according to His wisdom, timing, and way. Humans do not have that right. So comparing God's actions with abortionists is an unequivalent comparison.
Parents can kill their kids in the bible with similar justifications. They made the kid, so they get to unmake the kid.

Actually, if it were self-evidently true, there'd be nothing to talk about. People mock the endless stupidity.

Charles Spurgeon
Isn't that mocking the mockers?

You or I would have no clue about God if He did not communicate to us through His written Word.
So, God doesn't or at least no longer exists, because prior to the bible, He could talk to people just fine.

If you hate the Bible you hate God.
I thought idolatry was a sin.

That is false. Humans have no need of the Bible to give excuse to be divided or against each other. They have practiced such behavior very well throughout history all on their own.
So, the bible is divine, but it can't fix natural human behavior. It's basically useless.

The bible taught that you should study the bible, not all that other stuff, like every other subject needed to have a civilization. That is why King Solomon, wisest of all men, still needed to outsource construction projects. That is why nearly every civilization around Israel had actual development and Israel kept getting creamed by people who actually studied things. If you're a woman and need woman-related health procedures, a Catholic hospital will almost guarantee you're gonna die, because they don't care about you at all. Orphanages won't give kids to loving parents because of some minor reason while giving them to hateful psychotics who lock them up in closets and starve them to death.

Running a country based on the bible is a surefire failure. There has never been a single biblically-based theocratic utopia.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
For one thing, the Quran says Allah hates the Jews. The Bible says the True God who created heaven and earth loves the Jews and has chosen the people and nation of Israel for a special purpose.

Also...

"Allah supposedly inspired the Qur’an through the Angel Gabriel speaking to Muhammad. But the Qur’an, for example, never mentions Jerusalem, whereas the Bible does, 811 times. The Qur’an contradicts itself. A major distinctive is the Bible is written by 40 different authors over a period of 1,600 years. Most of them never knew one another—they came from different times in history, different cultures, yet there is incredible unity, continuity, agreement, intertwining, from Genesis to Revelation. No contradictions—the Qur’an has all kinds of contradictions.

Now, for every writer of the Scriptures—now, these men, the only thing they had in common was they all claimed to be inspired by the one true God—so for every writer that we have in the Bible who claimed to be inspired by the one true God, we have 39 other corroborating witnesses, whereas the Qur’an, you’re going to have to take Muhammad’s word for it. He’s the only one. He supposedly did not know how to read or write, so his oral statements were taken down on pieces of bark or stick or stone, or whatever was…'
Are Both the Bible and the Qur'an Inspired of God?
The majority of Christians believe that you have to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior to get to heaven.

That would mean an orthodox Jew or any Jew that doesn't accept Jesus as Lord and savior, would not get to heaven. Therefore, God does not love Jews according to that system of beliefs.

Do you believe hell is eternal suffering?

Most Christians I meet online and offline do.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If the bible were realistic, it'd be like 5 pages long, because you could stop most of the plots if anyone had any sense.

Most bible stories:
Person A: Here's some minor annoyance.
Person B: We should overreact.
God: I agree. Overreaction is the best action. Hold My beer.
*world ends*
Bugs Bunny: I KNEW I should've taken a left at Albuquerque.

Parents can kill their kids in the bible with similar justifications. They made the kid, so they get to unmake the kid.

Actually, if it were self-evidently true, there'd be nothing to talk about. People mock the endless stupidity.

Isn't that mocking the mockers?

So, God doesn't or at least no longer exists, because prior to the bible, He could talk to people just fine.

I thought idolatry was a sin.

So, the bible is divine, but it can't fix natural human behavior. It's basically useless.

The bible taught that you should study the bible, not all that other stuff, like every other subject needed to have a civilization. That is why King Solomon, wisest of all men, still needed to outsource construction projects. That is why nearly every civilization around Israel had actual development and Israel kept getting creamed by people who actually studied things. If you're a woman and need woman-related health procedures, a Catholic hospital will almost guarantee you're gonna die, because they don't care about you at all. Orphanages won't give kids to loving parents because of some minor reason while giving them to hateful psychotics who lock them up in closets and starve them to death.

Running a country based on the bible is a surefire failure. There has never been a single biblically-based theocratic utopia.
You are very thoughtful and a good writer Kelly! :)

InChrist

Free4ever
I try to pray without ceasing.

I trt to love and serve God.

I find much of the Bible to be thoroughly disgusting. I simply cannot help what goes against my conscience.
I certainly can give you the benefit of believing your sincerity and that you want to be true to your conscience. I don't think anyone should or can go against their conscience. But I think if you truly want to love and serve God then you also would desire to take the areas of the Bible you find difficult or disgusting directly to God and ...ask Him about it, instead of going on and on in your own ranting attacks as if you already know all the answers. Do you think a God who created heaven and earth can't give answers if you are really willing to seek and listen, if you are ready to put aside you presumptions?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I Love You Lord God, but the Bible makes me sick, and I believe it is your will that I oppose it.

I hope you understand. please give me understanding and help me always do your will, in Jesus name.

InChrist

Free4ever
The majority of Christians believe that you have to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior to get to heaven.

That would mean an orthodox Jew or any Jew that doesn't accept Jesus as Lord and savior, would not get to heaven. Therefore, God does not love Jews according to that system of beliefs.

Do you believe hell is eternal suffering?

Most Christians I meet online and offline do.
It doen't matter what most Christians think. All that matters is what God thinks, at least that's what I think.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I certainly can give you the benefit of believing your sincerity and that you want to be true to your conscience. I don't think anyone should or can go against their conscience. But I think if you truly want to love and serve God then you also would desire to take the areas of the Bible you find difficult or disgusting directly to God and ...ask Him about it, instead of going on and on in your own ranting attacks as if you already know all the answers. Do you think a God who created heaven and earth can't give answers if you are really willing to seek and listen, if you are ready to put aside you presumptions?
I repent, for I sin every day or fall short of my duties.

if there were a more clear answer to my predicament, I would listen to God and embrace his will with open arms, just so long as he doesn't ask me to hurt other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.