• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God talking

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I noticed that (1) believers of both jehovah and (2) elievers in hindu god/desses

Talk as though gods have emotions, can do things, feel, and interact with believers. I always wondered:

1. When god talks to you, say "God said that we are loved; god saved us with his loving grace", does he say this to you directly? Is it a feeling put in poetic words? Is it from a sacred text that you internalize gods words as though god who spoke them are speaking directly to you?

2. I noticed in Hindu DIR, when someone speaks of, say, Vishnu (last Ive seen a good 'while ago), the believer spoke of their experiences in god as though god is interacting with them. So, if god interacts with you, you may say practically the same as above: gods love and compassion. Id have to find other examples, but the expressions are similar given regardless the religion, we have ideally the same senses from different sources.

Given that

When god(s) talk to you and interact, when you express it as god(s) did this and said that, is it (1) something you read and internalized? Someone spoke to you and said god loves you? (2) In your experiences and worship, do the gods communicate compassion and love? When you express it as though the gods speak and interact (which Ive seen it said in a Hindu DIR) something you "felt" the gods say and you find it best to express it in poetic language?

How do you guys express the gods interaction and from what sources (experience? Whatever) does it come and why do you express it as though god actually speaks and interacts and "gives" compassion?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I noticed that (1) believers of both jehovah and (2) elievers in hindu god/desses

Talk as though gods have emotions, can do things, feel, and interact with believers. I always wondered:

1. When god talks to you, say "God said that we are loved; god saved us with his loving grace", does he say this to you directly? Is it a feeling put in poetic words? Is it from a sacred text that you internalize gods words as though god who spoke them are speaking directly to you?

2. I noticed in Hindu DIR, when someone speaks of, say, Vishnu (last Ive seen a good 'while ago), the believer spoke of their experiences in god as though god is interacting with them. So, if god interacts with you, you may say practically the same as above: gods love and compassion. Id have to find other examples, but the expressions are similar given regardless the religion, we have ideally the same senses from different sources.

Given that

When god(s) talk to you and interact, when you express it as god(s) did this and said that, is it (1) something you read and internalized? Someone spoke to you and said god loves you? (2) In your experiences and worship, do the gods communicate compassion and love? When you express it as though the gods speak and interact (which Ive seen it said in a Hindu DIR) something you "felt" the gods say and you find it best to express it in poetic language?

How do you guys express the gods interaction and from what sources (experience? Whatever) does it come and why do you express it as though god actually speaks and interacts and "gives" compassion?

If you speak to me, I hear your voice. The same if "God" speaks, I hear a voice.
[To hear your voice is easy, to hear "Gods" voice is tricky; mind needs to be silent]
[I don't have a definition of "God". It's a voice, and I just call it "God" or "Universal whisper"]

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe when I received Jesus as Lord and Savior, He said this to me: " I fill your cup with love; as much as you pour out i will fill back up."

I believe this was a familiar saying for me because the previous Sunday I had sung "The Woman at the Well" which has the words "fill my cup, Lord" in it but then the song never says what is supposed to be in the cup. One would have to go to John 4 to get the scripture lesson that it was the living water.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If you speak to me, I hear your voice. The same if "God" speaks, I hear a voice.
[To hear your voice is easy, to hear "Gods" voice is tricky; mind needs to be silent]
[I don't have a definition of "God". It's a voice, and I just call it "God" or "Universal whisper"]

I believe if you don't have any way to relate to it, it can be any spirit including the spirit of a demon but my guess is that most people who meditate, hear their own spirit.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe when I received Jesus as Lord and Savior, He said this to me: " I fill your cup with love; as much as you pour out i will fill back up."

I believe this was a familiar saying for me because the previous Sunday I had sung "The Woman at the Well" which has the words "fill my cup, Lord" in it but then the song never says what is supposed to be in the cup. One would have to go to John 4 to get the scripture lesson that it was the living water.

When he said that, was it kinda out of the blue like an inner conversation?

You heard your own thoughts that didnt come from yourself?

The last part is somewhat confirmation of what you heard comes from god and not something else. Without that reference (any, actually) how do you identify it as jesus' voice or ... cant think of the words

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

This sounds like poetry to me. Kind of like when I go to talk with my aunt who has deceased this year, I hear her voice as a reflection of my own. Thats a creative way to express something I believe is quite simple, but cold, to explain spiritual conversations.

What is a "universal" whisper?

stvdv

The last part is somewhat confirmation of what you heard comes from god and not something else. Without that reference (any, actually) how do you identify it as jesus' voice or ... cant think of the words

1: My experience is that God's instruction feels natural and loving [not extreme] and it's do-able
2: It's the first feeling you have; before the mind pops in

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Given that

i think the inner conversation boils down to the conscience and the still small voice within vs the ego trying to make a difference between self and other.

Phantasman

John:
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

I know that God doesn't speak.

Truth (of God) comes into the mind by thoughts placed by the Spirit.

Truth did not come into the world naked, but it came in types and images. The world will not receive truth in any other way. There is a rebirth and an image of rebirth. It is certainly necessary to be born again through the image. Which one? Resurrection. The image must rise again through the image. The bridal chamber and the image must enter through the image into the truth: this is the restoration. Not only must those who produce the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, do so, but have produced them for you. If one does not acquire them, the name ("Christian") will also be taken from him.- Gospel of Philip

Christ gave us the Spirit of truth to reveal truth (of the Father). It professes Christ of the Father as it speaks for the Father.

John:
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John:
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The Spirit of truth reveals.

The Jews never had it as it was given by Jesus. If they heard a voice, I don't believe it was God (the Father) as even Stephen, Paul and Christ says.

Christ was the first "mouthpiece" of the Father. And the Spirit lives within us to reveal the true Father, who doesn't speak, but reveals directly to the mind.

John:
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

I don't need nor hear voices.

stvdv

I don't need nor hear voices

30 years ago, starting spiritual quest, I decided "I don't want to hear voices or have visions". But it just happened anyway. I had big physical problems. Doctors could not help me. "God" told me which test to perform in hospital to know my problem, and gave diet-advice because of kidney problems. So in my case the voice was needed to give me information nobody was able to give me.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People create Gods in their own image, or, perhaps, in the image of an idealized person of their own culture. Gods are personages, rather than forces, qualities or spirits.

In the Abrahamic religions they tend to be parental figures; lawmakers and judges, demanding obedience and submission.

In popular Hinduism they're still conceived as personified principles or natural qualities, but less parental.
In philosophic Hinduism they're just convenient, human-generated spiritual foci; tools, at best only subjectively and temporarily Real.

Muffled

Jesus in me
30 years ago, starting spiritual quest, I decided "I don't want to hear voices or have visions". But it just happened anyway. I had big physical problems. Doctors could not help me. "God" told me which test to perform in hospital to know my problem, and gave diet-advice because of kidney problems. So in my case the voice was needed to give me information nobody was able to give me.

I believe that sounds familiar and typical of what God can do for a person.

My experience was that my hypertension medicine wasn't working. God told me to eat bananas. Within a short time I got the doctor to diagnose a cheaper medicine and surprise surprise it worked. It was a diaretic and the problem is a loss of potassium which the body needs. It turns out that bananas are loaded with potassium.

Muffled

Jesus in me
People create Gods in their own image, or, perhaps, in the image of an idealized person of their own culture. Gods are personages, rather than forces, qualities or spirits.

In the Abrahamic religions they tend to be parental figures; lawmakers and judges, demanding obedience and submission.

In popular Hinduism they're still conceived as personified principles or natural qualities, but less parental.
In philosophic Hinduism they're just convenient, human-generated spiritual foci; tools, at best only subjectively and temporarily Real.

I believe that happens but not with God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
i think the inner conversation boils down to the conscience and the still small voice within vs the ego trying to make a difference between self and other.

Hmm. When one meditates, for example, our inner voice would be our thoughts. However, while we breathe and do whatever, our thoughts become more clear and distinct. So, our internal conversation reflects that clarity and of our thoughts to help support and work with the body to live and interact. The ego disolves because of clarity through thought and action.

With the gods, that confuses me. Are the gods seperated thoughts? Thoughts attributes to the gods? The universal voice can be gut feeling, a de ja vu, a syncronized event, or revelation of clarity. But people say these explanations are mundane. Why so?

What is the function of using poetic language to a concept most say are indescribable?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

My experience was that my hypertension medicine wasn't working. God told me to eat bananas. Within a short time I got the doctor to diagnose a cheaper medicine and surprise surprise it worked. It was a diaretic and the problem is a loss of potassium which the body needs. It turns out that bananas are loaded with potassium.

Hmm. (Related to OP) God told you to eat bannasas?

How so?

stvdv

God loves bananas but not too much;). Once in my extreme period I was eating bananas. 6 in the morning at 8h and six at 14h. God told me that would total up to 6600mg potassium and my kidneys could only handle 7000mg minerals. So I would be deficient in other minerals and end up in hospital. This was about the most accurate details I got from God. lateron I weight the bananas and when back home I downloaded NEVO table and it gave exactly the same potassium number I got in my vision. So now I spread my potassium over the day and works much better than all at once.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Gods are whatever you choose to make them. They're tools, and can be off-the-shelf or custom made. Your choice.

stvdv

Hmm. When one meditates, for example, our inner voice would be our thoughts

For me my innervoice is not my thoughts. It happens when thoughts stop. And quite a few times I got information that I never heard of, and I could not possibly know myself.