• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God talked to the Israelite’s; what was said and why?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think using the term "nation" is a bit misleading. It suggests a land mass ruled by and occupied by the Israelite people. I believe this is wrong. There was never a land area called Israel prior to 1947ad. Still I would like to be proven wrong.

I wonder which nation King David was king over.
Sure, there was No 'modern' nation until the mid 1900's.
The old Hebrew Scriptures were referring to 'ancient' Israel.

james dixon

Premium Member

There was "no" ancient Israel; period. David was the leader of the Judaic tribe, nothing more, nothing less.

james dixon

Premium Member

There was "NO" nation, period. Biblicaly speaking "Israel" was a person, not a place.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There was "NO" nation, period. Biblicaly speaking "Israel" was a person, not a place.

True, the name given to the person Jacob was Israel, so his descendants collectively were Israel.

If there was NO nation, then how do you explain the ancient Egyptian Stele on which Merneptah, son of Ramses II, gloats over the conquest of ISRAEL