• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God said it, not me...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Apparently, you don't know how to read, which is hardly a surprise. Micah 5:2 reads, and I quote: “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.” If you continue to read in context, you will get to Micah 5:5-6, which reads: "And he will be our peace when the Assyrians invade our land and march through our fortresses. We will raise against them seven shepherds, even eight commanders, who will rule the land of Assyria with the sword, the land of Nimrod with drawn sword. He will deliver us from the Assyrians when they invade our land and march across our borders."

It doesn't surprise me that you have no clue what your silly book actually says.
LOL...

Let me see if I understand...

You know more than the Pharisees of the days of Jesus
You don't understand prophecy
You don't comprehend how there are double applications to certain scriptures (current and future)
You zeroed in on Bethlehem at the expense of the other 299
You failed to understand that even Jewish Rabbis and sages agree to wit:

"March's note is, ``out of thee shall come forth unto me Messiah, the son of David;''and so he says, "the stone which the builders refused" ( Psalms 118:22 ) ; plainly suggesting that that passage also belongs to the Messiah, as it certainly does.

Kimchi's paraphrase is, ``although thou art little among the thousands of Judah, of thee shall come forth unto me a Judge, to be ruler in Israel, and this is the King Messiah.''

And Abarbinel F7, mentioning those words in ( Micah 4:13 ) ; "arise, and thresh, O daughter of Zion", observes, ``this speaks concerning the business of the King Messiah, who shall reign over them, and shall be the Prince of their army; and it is plain that he shall be of the house of David: and it is said, "O thou, Bethlehem Ephratah", which was a small city, in the midst of the cities of Judah; and "although thou art little in the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall come forth unto me" a man, a ruler in Israel, "whose goings forth are from the days of old"; the meaning is, the goings forth of the family of that ruler are from the days of old; that is, from the seed of David, and a rod from the stem of Jesse, who was of Bethlehem Judah.''

So Abendana F8, a more modern Jew, paraphrases the words thus, ``out of thee shall come forth unto me a Judge, that is to be ruler in Israel, and this is the King Messiah; for because he is to be of the seed of David, from Bethlehem he will be.''

And you say I have no clue?

Do you believe in a flat earth too?

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Because you brought it up in your post. Or didn't that occur to you?

No, I have no delusional beliefs, I leave that to you people.
LOL... you said you only wanted facts... I gave you Jewish facts and you still resist the facts..

You MUST be a believer in a flat earth!

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
LOL.. I will leave it at your position of "There is no facts that will change my mind"

Because you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you. You demonstrate it every time you post. By all means, keep showing how ridiculous the things you believe are.

Kenny

Premium Member
Because you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you. You demonstrate it every time you post. By all means, keep showing how ridiculous the things you believe are.
If this floats your boat, it is fine with me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That's when you look up at the sky and say, "What? OK, I'll tell him: God just told me you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny".

If they get mad, just say, "Hey, God said it. Not me".

I believe I will know if you are faking it because all I have to do is ask God if He said it or not.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It is possible to prove. Now show that it is possible to prove God. Go ahead, we'll wait... a very, very long time.

I believe I did that once but the person didn't want to believe the proof and became irrational in his arguments against the proof.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I believe I did that once but the person didn't want to believe the proof and became irrational in his arguments against the proof.

Then apparently you didn't do what you seem to think you did. Pretending that anyone who rejects your claims must be irrational is absurd.

MJFlores

You are going to hell because that is what God says happens to people like you.

Should Christians bear no responsibility for the awful things they say in the name of their vengeful God?

If guilt is transferable but it isn't.
The guilt of one is not the guilt of another.
God is good.

We will all go to Sheol (grave) sometimes it is called hell.
That is our destiny.

Then we will be resurrected - others will be on the first resurrection and others will be on the last resurrection.
Those who will be raised back to life on the first resurrection will enjoy eternal life - because they were able to wash their robes - their guilt, they have faith and they have works.

Those who will be raised on the second, will "enjoy" the lake of fire where they will be there with the devil who deceived them, death and Hades will be there, the false prophet and the beast will be there. It has been written for 2,000 years and if it comes it would be a disco inferno.

We can't help it but accept. Now, if you want to avoid it - people should do something like preparing for eternal life. When you plan to migrate to another country there are preparations you have to make - the destination country should give you a visa and is ready to accept you. You need to spend on cloths and plane tickets etc. - isn't it? Same is true going to heaven and gaining eternal life - it won't be given to you on a silver platter.

Would a country accept a migrant if the migrant denounces the country where he plans to migrate? I don't think so, same is true with the owner of heaven.

Thumper

Thank the gods I'm an atheist
If guilt is transferable but it isn't.
The guilt of one is not the guilt of another.
Then we can ignore the O.T. references to "the sins of the father" passing from one generation to the next. And "original sin" does not transfer through the generations.

...God is good.....
Not the one who created Hell or allows it to continue. Or maybe your God is not all-powerful and this is beyond his control.

Those who will be raised on the second, will "enjoy" the lake of fire where they will be there with the devil who deceived them, death and Hades will be there, the false prophet and the beast will be there. It has been written for 2,000 years and if it comes it would be a disco inferno...
Does it get you off to think of your enemies suffering in this place? How about the 2/3 of humanity that never accepted your version of "truth" and are also in this Hell? Does that excite you?

What kind of person imagines that they could ever be happy even for one day in Heaven knowing all the people who would be suffering in Hell for all eternity? That's just sick.

Kenny

Premium Member
Wow... a lot of unsupported assumptions and poor thinking on that page.
In your humble opinion...

Let's just say they are wrong... but we are talking about approx 300 prophecies. When you factor that in, it becomes a statistical impossibility... yet we see it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
In your humble opinion...
Post something more substantial than a link and I might be inclined to give a more substantial reply.

Let's just say they are wrong... but we are talking about approx 300 prophecies. When you factor that in, it becomes a statistical impossibility... yet we see it.
Ah... the "crappy evidence magically becomes good evidence if you have enough of it" approach.