• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God(s) and the Game of Life

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So if there is this anthropomorphic god sitting in his/her abode wherever, is it ok if they rig the rules of the game to their advantage when they descend to earth and pretend to be human?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What rules? Is that even relevant?
i guess one would have to determine what is the quality of being human, what is the quality of being a god, and if they are compatible and/or equitable.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
So if there is this anthropomorphic god sitting in his/her abode wherever, is it ok if they rig the rules of the game to their advantage when they descend to earth and pretend to be human?

Certainly!!!

I would hate the rules of me having to be perfect. I love the rigged rule of "I will pay for your faults and out of love, accept you and connect you to my family".

WOOHOO!!! love them rigged rules

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Certainly!!!

I would hate the rules of me having to be perfect. I love the rigged rule of "I will pay for your faults and out of love, accept you and connect you to my family".

i think they call that codependency.

what is a teacher's job?

Last edited:

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

So, I'm confused about what you mean by 'rig the rules' but I think you mean being born into a caring and supportive family life or something similar as opposed to being born into the crap shoot as we are. I'm also confused by the term 'ok' so I'm going to answer in a few ways.

Do you mean 'ok' as in: Consistent with what I believe about God?

If so, then yes. I don't know anything at all about God's personal character, nor its ability so I wouldn't put anything at all outside of possibility.

Or, do you mean 'ok' as in: Morally or ethically correct in my subjective opinion?

I would say on the surface it seems unfair as God does not afford this luxury to any of us (as far as I know). But then again God is probably doing something important and is simply being efficient or expedient in this regard and it may serve a greater good to do so. Without knowing the specific goal and the collateral effects its hard to judge that.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So, I'm confused about what you mean by 'rig the rules' but I think you mean being born into a caring and supportive family life or something similar as opposed to being born into the crap shoot as we are. I'm also confused by the term 'ok' so I'm going to answer in a few ways.
if being human is a game of chance; then is it ok if the machine is rigged for gods to win the lottery; as humans?

Do you mean 'ok' as in: Consistent with what I believe about God?
in general yes. is it ok that god would have two sets of rules? that for everyone else there is suffering through ignorance and chance and for the gods there is predestination of salvation.

If so, then yes. I don't know anything at all about God's personal character, nor its ability so I wouldn't put anything at all outside of possibility.

Or, do you mean 'ok' as in: Morally or ethically correct in my subjective opinion?
that works too. fire away.

I would say on the surface it seems unfair as God does not afford this luxury to any of us (as far as I know). But then again God is probably doing something important and is simply being efficient or expedient in this regard and it may serve a greater good to do so. Without knowing the specific goal and the collateral effects its hard to judge that.
but if god's spirit is in us, how can that be any different from god? even tho we're human. is there a definite line between gods and us?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Certainly!!!

"...Some of you."

Kenny

Premium Member
i think they call that codependency.

what is a teacher's job?

To be quite honest... I AM dependent :) Totally! Like a branch that is dependent on the roots and the trunk.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
if being human is a game of chance; then is it ok if the machine is rigged for gods to win the lottery; as humans?

in general yes. is it ok that god would have two sets of rules? that for everyone else there is suffering through ignorance and chance and for the gods there is predestination of salvation.

Assuming there are such a thing as gods, the game is rigged for them from jump street. That's with or without manifestation, incarnation or any other situation. But its like saying the game of football is rigged for the referees. It sort of is, but then that's the point of their existence.

that works too. fire away.

but if god's spirit is in us, how can that be any different from god? even tho we're human. is there a definite line between gods and us?

Well, that's adding a different aspect isn't it? If you suggest that we are manifestations or incarnations of gods then it clearly isn't rigged as we (and they by extension) are subject to the randomness. Whether there is a clear line between them and us is an entirely different matter. I took your OP to mean there was a clear line. If there isn't, then I don't see the point of the question as that suggests a lack of rigging that nullifies the premise.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

So . . . ?

If God exists there is no abode nor throne. The rules would be the Natural Laws of the nature of our physical existence.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Assuming there are such a thing as gods, the game is rigged for them from jump street. That's with or without manifestation, incarnation or any other situation. But its like saying the game of football is rigged for the referees. It sort of is, but then that's the point of their existence.
yes, the original OP makes the supposition not the fact there is god(s). if a god doesn't manifest as human, then there can be no human experience. that is what the question is asking. if a god manifests as human, can it fully experience the human condition if it rigs the experience in its favor, or does it have to play the game fairly?

referees don't play in the game. they enforce the rules for all players. referees are like adjudicators. referees are somewhat like fans but fans only observe and do not actively play in the game.

Well, that's adding a different aspect isn't it? If you suggest that we are manifestations or incarnations of gods then it clearly isn't rigged as we (and they by extension) are subject to the randomness.
i would agree due to logic.

Whether there is a clear line between them and us is an entirely different matter. I took your OP to mean there was a clear line. If there isn't, then I don't see the point of the question as that suggests a lack of rigging that nullifies the premise.
i didn't indicate there was a clear line. I indicated that if a god has a human experience can it rig the game for itself while not allowing so for others as self. so if there is a god which rigs the game for some to win and others to fail, how is that loving, or even the least bit supportive?

this is both an islamic and christian conundrum. mohammed cannot be the last prophet anymore than jesus could be exclusively christ. otherwise jesus couldn't come again being himself a prophet. although some moslems believe jesus will return.

why the need for al mahdi?

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
To be quite honest... I AM dependent :) Totally! Like a branch that is dependent on the roots and the trunk.

a trunk is no more/less a limb in the tree as a whole. can a member of the body say to another part i am more important than you? which came first, the limb or the trunk?

what is a teacher's goal? to create subordinates? to create divisions?

Matthew 10:24
“The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25.It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
a trunk is no more/less a limb in the tree as a whole. can a member of the body say to another part i am more important than you?

what is a teacher's goal? to create subordinates? to create divisions?

Matthew 10:24
“The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25.It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!

But the heart is dependent on the brain, the brain is dependent on the heart, etc etc etc. Co-Dependent

As far as creating subordinates, it is written that we are part of the Body of Jesus Christ and co-heirs of the grace of God... so He lifted us up and made us one.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
equally or favoring?

The 'Source' some call God(s) of our physical existence and Natural Laws of our existence. In terms of your question, either 'equality nor favoring,' needs more explanation, but on the basis of the simplisty of your question, equality.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
But the heart is dependent on the brain, the brain is dependent on the heart, etc etc etc. Co-Dependent
being interdependent is co-dependent.

As far as creating subordinates, it is written that we are part of the Body of Jesus Christ and co-heirs of the grace of God... so He lifted us up and made us one.
jesus came as a servant to all. he didn't come to serve himself. the problem lies in idolatry; wherein an individual treats this one better than that one.

that isn't what jesus taught. jesus said whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me. that makes everyone equal to jesus. doesn't make jesus better than everyone else.

love makes everyone equal. it doesn't make everyone better/worse.

Mark 9:35
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.

you cannot serve love and serve idolatry

"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

going even further jesus makes others equal to himself

Mark 3:35

Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

Kenny

Premium Member
being interdependent is co-dependent.
I call it equality because it is about love that makes everyone equal. It doesn't make everyone better/worse.

jesus came as a servant to all. he didn't come to serve himself. the problem lies in idolatry; wherein an individual treats this one better than that one.

that isn't what jesus taught. jesus said whatever you do unto the least of these, you do unto me. that makes everyone equal to jesus. doesn't make jesus better than everyone else.

love makes everyone equal. it doesn't make everyone better/worse.

Mark 9:35
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.

you cannot serve love and serve idolatry

"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

going even further jesus makes others equal to himself

Mark 3:35

Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”
I agree with all of this...

I think somewhere we had a wire crossed and I've lost the direction of the thread.

My apologies.