• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Recreated the Earth 6,000 Years Ago!

Do you believe God possibly recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago?

• Yes, it's possible that God recreated the Earth 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • No, there is no way that the Earth could have been recreated 6,000 years ago.

Votes: 99 88.4%

• Total voters

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
There it goes again,
I have to find something to measure it with,
that space that is always flowing behind me.
~
Always gone.....never measured.....no clock there !
~
Ahhhhhh......'time' and 'now'....impossible tasks !
~
'mud

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
the passing of event can be expressed with intervals.
that doesn't mean the measure is of substance or force

back to you
Your describing time, saying that it exists for your argument that it doesn't.

Intervals of passing moments is a pretty way of saying... time.

It sounds to me that your not arguing that time doesn't exist but just that you don't like the word time itself. When you say time doesn't exist, it seems like you're suggesting now that the word doesn't exist even though what it stands for does.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
a day in the life of God I like unto a thousand years.....
I think that can be found in Psalms....

and if the comparison has flex to it....
the evening and morning in the perspective of a God.....
would be different than our own
Why would God be so obscure as to use different meanings of time without explaining them if it was not meant to be allegory? Morning and evening cannot exist without the earth and sun already existing.

gnostic

The Lost One
Why would God be so obscure as to use different meanings of time without explaining them if it was not meant to be allegory? Morning and evening cannot exist without the earth and sun already existing.
Yes.

Why would Genesis 1 even bother to mention "day" or "night", or "evening" or "morning", if time is so undefined as thief believe?

It is illogical belief, really a idiotic belief that a day would equal to 1000 years. Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 have no relation to Genesis 1.

Genesis 1 define each successive creative day as cycle of an evening and a morning. There are no mention of year in those 6 verses.

It is just thief and other creationists, who like to twist unrelated books. This is why I don't creationists to be honest people, when they do such much twisting of words or taking them out of context.

outhouse

Atheistically
Morning and evening cannot exist without the earth and sun already existing.

We are talking about people here who rely on nothing more then imagination.

Anyone with little education and no knowledge on any given topic can imagine away any interpretation no matter how factually false it is, no matter how much reason was thrown out the window.

In the future I believe many will be laughed at for where and how they misplaced faith.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
G-d gave humans intelligence, He expects that they should know that time is not an absolute unit, it is relative concept.
Regards

gnostic

The Lost One
hey Gnostic,
I find it somewhat strange,
you arguing over what seems to be fallicious writing.
Genesis didn't ever happen, have we forgotten that ?
~
In a tiny way, Thief is right,
the story is a clone,
followed by the belief in it !
~
'mud
You heard of the saying - "There are more than one way to skin a cat."

There are more than one way to debate with creationists.

I am arguing more from a literary perspective than that of historical or scientific ones or that of belief.

What I mean by "literary perspective", as in what the text say or mean, and how people interpret them.

Btw, I have never skinned a cat before, so I hoped you don't think I go around neighbourhood for cats to do-you-know-what. :p

outhouse

Atheistically
G-d gave humans intelligence

No god has ever given anything to anyone. We know ancient people who did not know anything about anything made mythology for many gods and said they did things.

Not one thing in the world has EVER been substantiated to any deity EVER

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
the passing of event can be expressed with intervals.
that doesn't mean the measure is of substance or force

back to you
One more thing, I didn't say time is a substance or force.

Things can exist without being substance or force.

You're the one saying that time doesn't exist at all. Which is obviously wrong. It might be an illusion of some kind or an emergent property, but it does exist to some degree or we wouldn't have time to talk about.

Maybe I ask you, do you believe God (the Spirit, First Cause) created space and time? You can't say that time is created and yet say that time doesn't exist, can you? Did God/Spirit/First Cause create time or not? Or did he/she/it non-create non-time so time doesn't exist? Explain.

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So, you actually think that they don't take that into consideration? So, do you think they're pretty much fools, liars, or both?

I think they are very smart people, who like me, adore history, paleontology and geology and the rest, and are being taught by other very smart people.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Let me deal with this, and then gnostic will chime in.

First of all, a tablet found in northern Israel is a brief account of a Babylonian epic that has parallels to the creation account that was written roughly 1000 years prior to Genesis. But, what our sages did was not to rewrite it as they must have seen it, but chose instead to refute parts of it so as to reflect what we believe. Cultures do this all the time, including even modern cultures.

Secondly, the creation accounts are pretty much poetic in form with nothing put in any kind of detail. Any serious historical attempt would logically include detail-- but that's totally missing.

Thirdly, the importance of the creation accounts is what they teach in terms of faith, especially as compared to neighboring religions that we opposed. Jewish literature abounds with such an approach, and let me just mention Revelations as just one of many examples that could be given.

Fourthly, in light of what we now know in regards to the formation of Earth and our universe, it just doesn't make any sense to look at the creation accounts as being scientifically or historically accurate, especially since their main value deals with the issue of faith in the One God and God's overall creation.

If you spent some more time in research, looking at the parallels of the Babylonian epics with Genesis, and also at the differences, the precision of Genesis, and those scholars who have traced some of the Babylonian epics so that the protagonists are children/grandchildren of Noah... !

Of course there is historical detail, for example "God was there [before] history, in the beginning..." And of course, you have a presentist view of what history should look like to readers in the ANE.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Then, I am sorry that I am wrong about this, about you.

Some Young Earth creationists, like to use the passages from Psalms 90:4 or 2 Peter 3:8, to prove their points. Like uravip2me and thief, here.

I thought you might have been the same type of YE creationist.

Again, I was wrong. Sorry.

That is kind of you. I thread my faith through, and with, logic and rationality.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
No god has ever given anything to anyone. We know ancient people who did not know anything about anything made mythology for many gods and said they did things.

The very Bible denounces your statements here. You do know it was written by dozens of people at different walks of life and socioeconomic means, in different countries, over 1,500 years, yet is remarkable in its adherence to the same God?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If you spent some more time in research, looking at the parallels of the Babylonian epics with Genesis, and also at the differences, the precision of Genesis, and those scholars who have traced some of the Babylonian epics so that the protagonists are children/grandchildren of Noah... !

Of course there is historical detail, for example "God was there [before] history, in the beginning..." And of course, you have a presentist view of what history should look like to readers in the ANE.
I spent plenty of time on the research, but it's clear that all you have done is to swallow a fairy-tale version of events that's common with narrow-thinking literalists. You have presented literally nothing to support your opinions. Nada, nyet, zip, zero, ...

outhouse

Atheistically
I think they are very smart people, who like me, adore history, paleontology and geology and the rest, and are being taught by other very smart people.

You mean you adore to pervert history and geology and paleontology. DO YOU know we require honesty here???????????

You have fought tooth and nail against their credible findings, trying to promote your factual pseudoscience.

The age of the earth is considered fact, and it must bother you that every credible university on the globe teaches the exact OPPOSITE of what you posit in your constant proselytizing.

outhouse

Atheistically
You do know it was written by dozens of people at different walks of life and socioeconomic means, in different countries, over 1,500 years, yet is remarkable in its adherence to the same God?

You need to actually understand the material you debate.

You mean the book that plagiarized Canaanite mythology and combined two gods into one, before another culture decided to plagiarize Judaism and redefine the god concept completely ???

No the god concept you have faith in we actually have educations in, and KNOW how the god concept was redefined and constantly evolved.

IT is also not dozens, its literally hundreds of authors many unknown.

AND not one word of yours refutes any aspect of this.