• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God reads the names in the book of Life with great delight.

74x12

God reads the names in the book of Life with great joy. Interesting right? :D

Zephaniah 3:17 World English Bible (WEB)
Yahweh, your God, is among you, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. He will rejoice over you with singing.

Isaiah 49:16 World English Bible (WEB)
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.
your walls are continually before me.

Hebrews 10:35-36 World English Bible (WEB)
Therefore don’t throw away your boldness, which has a great reward. 36 For you need endurance so that, having done the will of God, you may receive the promise.

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
Predestination?

Revelation 17:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonishedwhen they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

74x12

Interesting. I wasn't bringing up predestination. :pActually just observing the fact that God is very happy to see anyone saved.

Zephaniah 3:17 World English Bible (WEB)
Yahweh, your God, is among you, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. He will rejoice over you with singing.

Have you ever thought to read this as: Yahweh, [and] your God, is among you, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. He will rejoice over you with singing. World English Bible (WEB)

YHWH is not God. YHWH is The Father.
'Elaha is God.
(J)esus Christ is (J)esus Christ.

We know that God is a Spirit.

John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

And we know that noone has ever seen God at any time

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

We know that Philip 'saw' (J)esus Christ.
John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

And we also know that Moses saw The LORD.

Exodus 34:34 "But when Moses went in before the LORD to speak with him, he took the vail off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel that which he was commanded."

Exodus 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle."

So, God is not The LORD, or YHWH.

Why?

Exodus 33:17-19 "And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. 18And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. 19And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. 20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. "

No man can see his face and live.

And He said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of The LORD before thee;

God was speaking here..... And He said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim The Name of The LORD. He was going to proclaim The Name of The Father, before Moses. Why would The LORD say He would proclaim the Name of The LORD, and not Himself, if The LORD was speaking?

"And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. 18And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory."

But it was The LORD that was speaking with Moses. Yes. I guess God can be with The LORD and The LORD with God as They desire, when they desire, etc...??

Hence the 'togetherness', The LORD God...

There are times when God speaks and does alone
There are times when The LORD speaks and does alone
There are times when They speak and do things together; The LORD God

Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Genesis 2:8 "And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed."

Genesis 2:15 "And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it."

Genesis 4:6-7 "And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him."

Colossians 2:8-9 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

For in Him, Christ, all the fulness of the Godhead dwelleth bodily.

So... Could (J)esus be The Christ? Who was this person named (J)esus if there is no such name in the Hebrew list of male names given to those born within the house of (J)acob, the son of (I)saac, the son of Abraham in their original Hebrew language 'tongue'?

Who Was/IS Christ? Anointed One; The Messiah?

The Son of Mary, but what was His Name that He would be called, by The LORD God, Christ?

Up to the 1600's, the name, (J)esus, was not on Earth. It was only after the letter 'J' became part of the English alphabet that the name, (J)esus, appeared for the very first time in all of Earth's history,

But prior to that, for over 1600 years, The Name of The Messiah, Anointed One, was something else.

(Even in English)

Last edited:

74x12

Have you ever thought to read this as: Yahweh, [and] your God, is among you, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. He will rejoice over you with singing. World English Bible (WEB)
I'm pretty sure that the context in the Hebrew is singular and because of grammar rules it negates the possibility that it's talking about two separate people. Even when it uses plural language to describe God such as "Elohim" yet the surrounding context is normally singular tense. Showing that "Elohim" is counted as singular.

YHWH is not God. YHWH is The Father.
'Elaha is God.
(J)esus Christ is (J)esus Christ.
But there are many scriptures that would disagree with that idea. For example Deuteronomy 6:4. The Shema.

Hear oh Israel, YHVH our God is one YHVH
We know that God is a Spirit.

John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

And we know that noone has ever seen God at any time

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

We know that Philip 'saw' (J)esus Christ.
John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

And we also know that Moses saw The LORD.

Exodus 34:34 "But when Moses went in before the LORD to speak with him, he took the vail off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel that which he was commanded."

Exodus 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle."

So, God is not The LORD, or YHWH.
Well the key thing here is to understand the difference between seeing God's actual form and a manifestation of God. A manifestation of God is a revelation of God. Something God shows you about Himself. Because as you point out no one can actually see God and live.

Why?

Exodus 33:17-19 "And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. 18And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. 19And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. 20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. "

No man can see his face and live.

And He said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of The LORD before thee;

God was speaking here..... And He said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim The Name of The LORD. He was going to proclaim The Name of The Father, before Moses. Why would The LORD say He would proclaim the Name of The LORD, and not Himself, if The LORD was speaking?

"And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. 18And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory."

But it was The LORD that was speaking with Moses. Yes. I guess God can be with The LORD and The LORD with God as They desire, when they desire, etc...??

Hence the 'togetherness', The LORD God...

There are times when God speaks and does alone
There are times when The LORD speaks and does alone
There are times when They speak and do things together; The LORD God

Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Genesis 2:8 "And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed."

Genesis 2:15 "And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it."

Genesis 4:6-7 "And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him."
Well I can't agree with you. Clearly YHVH is His name and Eloah is what He is.

When you "see" God it's a manifestation of God. Just as Jesus was "God manifest in the flesh" (1 Timothy 3:16) Or if you read another version then it says "he was manifest in the flesh". Whatever. Same thing. The point here is that Jesus is a manifestation.

Colossians 2:8-9 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

For in Him, Christ, all the fulness of the Godhead dwelleth bodily.

So... Could (J)esus be The Christ? Who was this person named (J)esus if there is no such name in the Hebrew list of male names given to those born within the house of (J)acob, the son of (I)saac, the son of Abraham in their original Hebrew language 'tongue'?

Who Was/IS Christ? Anointed One; The Messiah?

The Son of Mary, but what was His Name that He would be called, by The LORD God, Christ?

Up to the 1600's, the name, (J)esus, was not on Earth. It was only after the letter 'J' became part of the English alphabet that the name, (J)esus, appeared for the very first time in all of Earth's history,

But prior to that, for over 1600 years, The Name of The Messiah, Anointed One, was something else.

(Even in English)
Prior to that they may have used the Latin; Iesus in England. The Catholic priests would have anyway.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
The illusion of freewill is that we are in control not god (original sin), through the gift of faith we realize god is in control and that sin death and the power of the devil never really was...

We have actual free will, not an illusion. If had only an illusion of free will, nothing would have any point. The only thing we don't have free will about is grace. That's freely offered for our sins, regardless of how we've been.