• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God on trial... . .. . . .

greatcalgarian

jgallandt said:
People with your attitude is what killed Jesus Christ. :D People have been trying to kill God for a long time. This is nothing new. You can kill God's spirit in yourself, but not in me.
That is absolutely true. One can killed his own God, but not the God of another person.

greatcalgarian

This has already been done?
PUTTING GOD ON TRIAL: The Biblical Book of Job

A literary, legal and philosophical study- Robert Sutherland.

The Book of Job is a provocative theodicy, an attempt to justify the ways of God to man. “Putting God on Trial: The Biblical Book of Job” is the story of the most righteous man on earth putting God on trial for crimes against humanity and refusing to acquit him. Yet its startling resolution preserves the moral integrity of God and man and suggests an even fuller resolution beyond its pages. It is a criminal law defense of God’s goodness in the face of God’s authorization of undeserved evil, written by a Canadian criminal defense lawyer and a Senior Fellow at the Mortimer J. Adler, Centre for the Study of the Great Ideas.
http://www.bookofjob.org/

Eynah

If God came down on earth today and made himself human, would anyone believe it? I mean, wouldn't it just seem easier to put him in the category of crazy. I think that's what I'd do, thinking it was some guy wanting me to join a koolaide cult.

greatcalgarian

Some one has already trial God on the holocaust:

http://www.secweb.org/bookstore/bookdetail.asp?BookID=686
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0805210539/thesecularweb/002-8460967-3035243

The trial takes place in 1649, in a Ukrainian village that has been decimated by a pogrom; only two Jews remain, Berish the innkeeper, and his silenced daughter Hanna. Three traveling minstrels arrive and upset Berish. They want to stage a Purim play for all the Jews in the village, without knowing about the devastation of the recent raids. Berish allows them to enact a play as long as he can choose the subject matter; he wishes for a trial to condemn God over what has happened to the Jews and he will serve as prosecutor. The minstrels accept, but can find no one to play the defense attorney for God, until a stranger (who seems to be known by all) arrives to defend God and his actions (or inaction).

greatcalgarian

Eynah said:
If God came down on earth today and made himself human, would anyone believe it? I mean, wouldn't it just seem easier to put him in the category of crazy. I think that's what I'd do, thinking it was some guy wanting me to join a koolaide cult.
I believe God has learned his lesson from his adventure coming down to earth as Jesus. So this time, if he ever made himself human again, I think he will be well prepared, and make sure that everyone knows that the human form he takes up is really God himself. How he is going to do it I do not know. But I do not doubt his omnipotent ability to be able to do that.

greatcalgarian

jgallandt said:
I think it's going to be much more interesting when God puts us on trial. ;)
It is not interesting at all. An omnipotent putting poor us defenceless creature on trial? The other way would be more fun.:biglaugh:

MdmSzdWhtGuy

greatcalgarian said:
It is not interesting at all. An omnipotent putting poor us defenceless creature on trial? The other way would be more fun.:biglaugh:
But without this, he would not be able to sit back and smuggly smile as he imagines you and I roasting in Hell.

B.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Radar said:
What about the old testament were he destoried or killed everyone that was not on the ark? What about Sodom and Gomorrah? I guess he did not kill any of those people, he just loved them to death.
I am reading the Bible right now, haven't even made it out of Genesis, but have noted, no mention as yet, of the Devil, but many many many different people having been killed by God directly. One of whom was killed by God when that man refused to impregnate a woman who was not his wife. So. . . God killed him.

Lots and lots and lots of folks killed by God. Ark, Sodom and Gommorrah are just some of the examples. If God were a person, he would make Saddam look like Ghandi, based on the numbers killed by each. (supposing a literal translation of the Bible)

B.