• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God of wrath, god of peace...

My god faces transgression with...

• ...wrath.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...a peaceful resolution.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Aldrnari

This is a question for those who believe in one god, or associate with one god more than others.

Who is your god? When this god is confronted with adversity or transgression, does your god respond with punishment, or with peaceful resolution? I understand that just about any god is capable of both actions, but I am more interested on what you feel your god's first action might lean towards. Just curious. :)

...and by the way, it's intentional that there is no third choice. ;)

Edit: changed the title from "war" to "wrath," as it made more sense in context of the question.

Also, keep in mind this is not a debate thread. I'm just want to see people's points of view. :D

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
This is a question for those who believe in one god, or associate with one god more than others.
One God..... yep...... that's what I accept.

Who is your god?
Everything and all energy that is, and all that is not.
Everything and Nothing........... all one God.

When this god is confronted with adversity or transgression, does your god respond with punishment, or with peaceful resolution? I understand that just about any god is capable of both actions, but I am more interested on what you feel your god's first action might lean towards. Just curious. :)
Neither. (I couldn't vote).
My Deity does not know adversity or transgression, because everything is God. There isn't any other thing or force to contend or confront my Deity.

I don't think it would have helped. :D

Edit: changed the title from "war" to "wrath," as it made more sense in context of the question.
It doesn't make any difference.
Although all is in chaos, that is the nature of my Deity, and it is neither war nor wrath.

Also, keep in mind this is not a debate thread. I'm just want to see people's points of view. :D
Sure..... I was only answering your questions. :)

arthra

Baha'i
I did a brief search of some of the Baha'i Writings and came up with the following extract which I think may relate to your question:

"A fundamental teaching of Bahá'u'lláh is the oneness of the world of humanity. Addressing mankind, He says: "Ye are all leaves of one tree and the fruits of one branch." By this it is meant that the world of humanity is like a tree, the nations or peoples are the different limbs or branches of that tree and the individual human creatures are as the fruits and blossoms thereof. In this way His Holiness Bahá'u'lláh expressed the oneness of humankind whereas in all religious teachings of the past, the human world has been represented as divided into two parts, one known as the people of the Book of God or the pure tree and the other the people of infidelity and error or the evil tree.

"The former were considered as belonging to the faithful and the others to the hosts of the irreligious and infidel; one part of humanity the recipients of divine mercy and the other the object of the wrath of their Creator.

"His Holiness Bahá'u'lláh removed this by proclaiming the oneness of the world of humanity and this principle is specialized in His teachings for He has submerged all mankind in the sea of divine generosity. Some are asleep; they need to be awakened. Some are ailing; they need to be healed. Some are immature as children; they need to be trained. But all are recipients of the bounty and bestowals of God."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 246

whirlingmerc

Who is your god? When this god is confronted with adversity or transgression, does your god respond with punishment, or with peaceful resolution? I understand that just about any god is capable of both actions, but I am more interested on what you feel your god's first action might lean towards. Just curious. :)

God faces transgression with the Jesus. He is a stone to stumble and be broken (for your good) or to be broken (in judgement) I could see two answers