• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God of Darkness

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
ok.....you got me on this one....
HOW? can the void be complicated?

I think the difficult portion is trying to fathom
HOW?.....to be Self aware
If only you knew what the translation really was.

Samson Raphael Hirsch pentateuch but it's really expensive. If you have a really good library you might get it... check out Genesis 1.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
God was a small male child born into the darkness of its mother Goddess. Not knowing anything else but that It wanted to speak, when it did reality came about as a response. Little did this little divine He know that He was molding and shaping the body of its Mother who with her infinite ability to give and respond, did so out of a silence so profound He mistook that for a nothing.
... and the rest is history?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
kinda hard to say......I AM!

without something to show for it

“ I have created a universe to confirm My existence. All the creatures in it will either love and serve Me or go to hell !”

That is psychopathy. If it was true.

It disturbing to me that a popular model of Divinity is identical to psychopathic personality disorder.

I have no interest in popping anyone’s balloon out of spite.

The current global horror show, and most of what we call history, is the story of psychopaths and narcissists in power.

That is the real ‘good versus evil’ scenario we face.

Which begs the question -
Did humans create the myth of a psychopathic Divinity simply because that is the externalised image of our psychosocial dilemma, perhaps even a genetically coded reality, or

Did psychopathic manipulators create religion, and as a result train the population into a deplorable subservience to malignant power mongers ?

Worst case scenario - both.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
in the meantime.....

have you noticed?....when people pray
they close their eyes

as if that personal darkness is closer to God

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
in the meantime.....

have you noticed?....when people pray
they close their eyes

as if that personal darkness is closer to God

I think that is because, in the absence of visual distraction, which is constantly setting off chains of association related to personality/memory, one senses oneself as presence.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think that is because, in the absence of visual distraction, which is constantly setting off chains of association related to personality/memory, one senses oneself as presence.
so ….people that pray...
are talking to themselves?

and could well be

that God of Darkness
could be selective about who He listens to

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
so ….people that pray...
are talking to themselves?

and could well be

that God of Darkness
could be selective about who He listens to

I don’t see it like that.

All I will ever find, in those depths, is my own nature.

My own nature encompasses the mundane and the spiritual, creator and creation.

I don’t need to do a deal with any other entity to find repose in formless presence.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
ok.....you got me on this one....
HOW? can the void be complicated?

I think the difficult portion is trying to fathom
HOW?.....to be Self aware

You are always self aware.

You may be aware that you feel bad. Or aware that you are ignorant. Or aware that you don’t seem as aware as you feel you could be.

All of that is self awareness.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
More than likely there is nothing listening to their prayers

Which does not diminish their value, which lies in self disclosure, affirmation of hopes, submission to remorse, and various other important processes.
Unless prayer is just chickensh** pleading for mercy and favours. FAIL ! Especially if you’re pleading not to die. Jes** Mo******** get some dignity happening people ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I post this now and then
and I don't recall any rebuttal

God ….was God....BEFORE He created light

He was God of the Darkness

any other perspective?
The idea that there ever was any god is arbitrary and unsupported by evidence.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I don’t see it like that.

All I will ever find, in those depths, is my own nature.

My own nature encompasses the mundane and the spiritual, creator and creation.

I don’t need to do a deal with any other entity to find repose in formless presence.
total solitude
no other
ever

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
On the subjects of bed and darkness, it is almost midnight here in the antipodes.

“To die, to sleepto sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's the rub, for in this sleep of death what dreams may come must give us pause...”

Later...