• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God of Darkness

syo

when I consider that particular line of script
I also consider the situation of which it was dealt

God was dictating to a man
trying to describe to a mortal an existence he could not possibly comprehend

so.....nouns were used
terms were dealt
some vague notion of movement

all in the darkness

Let there be light
is a statement

I think it is similar to ……….I AM!

if not synonymous
In my opinion, he created earth and made Earth in darkness, only afterwards to say let there be light. and then he divided light from darkness. I think this is a binary contrast. Light and darkness is like zero and one in binary. From the contrast of light and darkness came the logic for all creation. Well, I could also be wrong. So in my understanding, God is the Unnamed that created the first (earth) and the division (darkness/light).

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In my opinion, he created earth and made Earth in darkness, only afterwards to say let there be light. and then he divided light from darkness. I think this is a binary contrast. Light and darkness is like zero and one in binary. From the contrast of light and darkness came the logic for all creation. Well, I could also be wrong. So in my understanding, God is the Unnamed that created the first (earth) and the division (darkness/light).
not sure if I can go that far

I'm leaning to the notion that God became Self aware......BEFORE
He declared......I AM!

and the declaration had an effect...…..light

syo

not sure if I can go that far

I'm leaning to the notion that God became Self aware......BEFORE
He declared......I AM!

and the declaration had an effect...…..light
Ah, I see. In my opinion, it's a pantheistic statement, if I understood correctly.
(pantheism won't make the orthodox happy :oops:)

I post this now and then
and I don't recall any rebuttal

God ….was God....BEFORE He created light

He was God of the Darkness

any other perspective?

What do you mean with “God of the darkness”?

Anyway, I think God is God of everything in that sense that no one is higher than Him and He has all the power.

sealchan

I post this now and then
and I don't recall any rebuttal

God ….was God....BEFORE He created light

He was God of the Darkness

any other perspective?

God was a small male child born into the darkness of its mother Goddess. Not knowing anything else but that It wanted to speak, when it did reality came about as a response. Little did this little divine He know that He was molding and shaping the body of its Mother who with her infinite ability to give and respond, did so out of a silence so profound He mistook that for a nothing.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Sensory deprivation is interesting.

It is. When I was quite young I sought out pitch black spaces, like railway tunnels and caves.
It was fascinating seeing the waves of colour with eyes open.

I was a systems programmer for the military at one stage. The work was stress inducing. Attached to the building I worked in was a photo lab. Often I would go in there at lunchtime, and lie on my back in pitch black. That was the fast track to drug free relaxation.

When I was 18 years old I did an experiment I had read about. I covered both eyes for 24 hours. My friend who shared a house with me became my ‘carer’ for the day. At one stage we even went for a walk through the city and I experienced being blind out in the world.

After maybe six or eight hours I began experiencing all sorts of entoptica.
For an extended period I was having visions of faces...with huge ears.
Everything looked amazing, even lysergic, when I uncovered my eyes.

I managed a floatation/sensory deprivation business for a while in the late 80s. I had lots of excellent, and sometimes inexplicable, experiences. A few times I did all-nighters in the tank. Sensory deprivation is cool. Pratyahara.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I covered both eyes for 24 hours.
I had a freak accident when I was a little boy
had my eyes covered seven days

the remedy was old school and very painful

but I digress

back to topic?
dead men don't see

we all go blind

we go to the Darkness

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
for this thread.....let's assume life after death

and the believers DO care

The man is dead. That’s a physical fact.

I have made no claim nor refutation regarding the mysteries.

Having experienced anaesthesia, I am aware of the possibility of oblivion followed by a cup of tea.

I am doing my best to follow your train of contemplation.

When you say ‘go to the darkness’, do you mean an inevitable switching off of conventional reality in the after death state, or are you referring to a hellish possibility ?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
When you say ‘go to the darkness’, do you mean an inevitable switching off of conventional reality in the after death state, or are you referring to a hellish possibility
the emotional response?

if guided by Someone who knows the territory
fear of the darkness will likely subside

but if you crossover....and no one cares to be there....