• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God=nature nature=God

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure I understand the question. The notion that god(s) and nature are not two is called pantheism. Pantheism can be monotheistic, but it doesn't have to be. As such, monotheism is not pantheism, and pantheism is not monotheism. They're describing different theological concepts - monotheism is about numbers, pantheism is about the nature of deity (that is, stating it is fully immanent within the world rather than separate from it).

Apologes

Not far at all. If we want to give any actual use for the word "God" it's spot on.

I'm not sure I understand the question. The notion that god(s) and nature are not two is called pantheism. Pantheism can be monotheistic, but it doesn't have to be. As such, monotheism is not pantheism, and pantheism is not monotheism. They're describing different theological concepts - monotheism is about numbers, pantheism is about the nature of deity (that is, stating it is fully immanent within the world rather than separate from it).

I believe the OP means classical theism when they say "monotheism" and is contrasting that to pantheism.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How far off from reality today is monotheism in context to g=n n=g.

Nature is a collective term. Id assume nature refers to more than one god unless some people see nature as one thing (pantheism or penentheism i.e.) its only god(s) if you worship it however defined.

WalterTrull

Godfella
My thought is that what we call nature is how we know there is God. It is also how we see God, though again "... through a glass darkly". I would not go so far as to say nature is God or God is nature.

David T

Premium Member
Nature is a collective term. Id assume nature refers to more than one god unless some people see nature as one thing its only god(s) if you worship it however defined.
Worship has nothing to do with much I context to the term spinoza articulated heraclitus articulated it hell jesus articulated it.

David T

Premium Member
Can you rephrase?
Worship is an interesting term. So I suppose it's how it's understood that I may or may not agree with Carlita. I had a Norma moment, l I stated assuming. But at least I am capable of stepping back that's not normal. So I guess you need to clarify what you mean worship exactly. Btw virtually all my writing is attacking assumptions but we all do it as well some are more afflicted by it normal. Worship can be experience worship can also be idea.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

from the abrahamic aspect God is generally otherwise and seen as apart from self. few find it because it is seen without self, or believed it can only be realized outside of self. from the abrahamic perspective god is not omnipresent, or even imminent.

they believe it will come with careful observation and not foolishness.

David T

Premium Member
from the abrahamic aspect God is generally otherwise and seen as apart from self. few find it because it is seen without self, or believed it can only be realized outside of self.
That seems to be a reoccurring issue historically.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That seems to be a reoccurring issue historically.

agreed, i think it has to do with the error of ex nihilo. some how the nature of a thing can't be intrinsic in many forms.

as if the form is more important than that which created the form. as if this form of nature could be separate from the All. to this way of thinking the universe is out there and us terrans are somehow removed from it.

David T

Premium Member
agreed, i think it has to do with the error of ex nihilo. some how the nature of a thing can't be intrinsic in many forms.

as if the form is more important than that which created the form. as if this form of nature could be separate from the All. to this way of thinking the universe is out there and us terrans are somehow removed from it.
It can be perceived as valid I now see it as symptomatic. And yes it is everywhere!!! Like some carrier of mental disorders. Some are immune apparently others sensitive!!! I am really grounded like in dirt grounded lol. It seems the more highly educated the more detached you become from dirt!!!!! Like some insanity of being educated!!! Lol.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Kind of up to the individual to define God, or accept some definition created by someone else.

Claiming God is undefinable, it that a definition? o_O

Do we really know what nature is? In saying God = nature, is that really making any claims about God, or is it just repeating the idea that we don't know anything about God?

David T

Premium Member
Kind of up to the individual to define God, or accept some definition created by someone else.

Claiming God is undefinable, it that a definition? o_O

Do we really know what nature is? In saying God = nature, is that really making any claims about God, or is it just repeating the idea that we don't know anything about God?
I would say mystery and there is no growth without it. I won't get into why is there something instead of nothing discussions the problem Is in the statement.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I would say mystery and there is no growth without it. I won't get into why is there something instead of nothing discussions the problem Is in the statement.

Is this like saying, "I don't know what is(is existent), but whatever is, is, is God?

David T

Premium Member
Is this like saying, "I don't know what is(is existent), but whatever is, is, is God?
I know I am not looking at the trees but a photograph of trees. They are not trees but pixels on a screen.
IMG_20171130_125702.jpg

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It can be perceived as valid I now see it as symptomatic. And yes it is everywhere!!! Like some carrier of mental disorders. Some are immune apparently others sensitive!!! I am really grounded like in dirt grounded lol. It seems the more highly educated the more detached you become from dirt!!!!! Like some insanity of being educated!!! Lol.

reminds me of the idea of kalki and a quote from carl jung.

kalki

The name 'Kalki' is derived from the Sanskrit word 'kalka' (Devanagari: कल्क) which means Sediment or Filth. So, the name "Kalk"+"I" means "Born in (or from) Sediment/Filth'.

1.”One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by making the darkness conscious.” - Carl Jung