• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God loves mass killings?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Whether or not the God of Abraham "loves" mass killings, the stories do indicate that he has taken part as the active killer in quite a few of them. I don't think that can be disputed without a huge dose of misdirection, excuses made, and quite liberal "interpretation." There are those in the stories who died as a direct result, and with the explicit intent of God Himself, due to God's actions. That is literally the definition of killing. And, with the "intent" thrown in there, that becomes the literal definition of murder. It is quite as simple as that. I don't care that He created the people - I don't care if anyone thinks that means he can do whatever he wants to them, etc.

Let's say someone figures out cloning on their own, at their home, and is producing clones in test tubes and killing off all the ones that don't meet some criteria they have come up with ("They keep trying to do things I told them were bad!"). I don't care who you are - if you think that scenario would just be hunky dory, then you should have yourself checked for sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies.
I don't see how people could argue against what you just said!:thumbsup:

I think, assuming God exists, which unexplainable repeated paranormal events and coincidences in my life have convinced me he does, I believe he finds it more noble when someone fights him for doing things that their conscience says is wrong, then to bend the knee out of fear of God, when in your heart you find his behavior unjust and despicable! :)

DNB

Christian
Because life is torture for countless people and God lets the Devil run rampant and refuses to give most people understanding and a healthy mind.

I praise God for many good things in my life.

But usually life is torture and misery, and God refuses to give me a healthy mind and joy. And for many people I meet, life is a horrifying nightmare!

I ask very little from God. A sound mind , the holy spirit, instructions on what choices to make.

I get silence and confusion! It is thoroughly disgusting!

I try to be grateful, but life has been a bad enough confusing insane nightmare, I would have been better off if my mother had an abortion!
I cannot speak of, or necessarily relate to what you may or may not have gone through. But, your constant disparagement of God does neither you, or anyone else any good.
Neither is it helpful, nor accurate - you are kicking against the goads, and are only going to hurt yourself further.
Again, I know nothing about you outside of your incessant resentment and defiance towards God, but I will still recommend that you try speaking to Him with a bit more humility and reverence, removing entirely the attitude and vitriol, ..and the ignorance - God is not a sadistic tyrant, man is, and we all deserve every ounce of difficulty that we receive, and do not deserve the life, love and mercy that He has bestowed upon us so graciously, whether in this life or the next.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I cannot speak of, or necessarily relate to what you may or may not have gone through. But, your constant disparagement of God does neither you, or anyone else any good.
Neither is it helpful, nor accurate - you are kicking against the goads, and are only going to hurt yourself further.
Again, I know nothing about you outside of your incessant resentment and defiance towards God, but I will still recommend that you try speaking to Him with a bit more humility and reverence, removing entirely the attitude and vitriol, ..and the ignorance - God is not a sadistic tyrant, man is, and we all deserve every ounce of difficulty that we receive, and do not deserve the life, love and mercy that He has bestowed upon us so graciously, whether in this life or the next.
Humans often don't deserve to be paralyzed from the neck down like my best friend in high school from an injury, or innocent people raped and murdered for trying to help someone they think is injured (the victims of Ted Bundy for instance) , killed for an act of kindness that cost them their lives while they were young and beautiful (many of them kind-natured, straight A students in school).

Human beings don't deserve an eternity of torture for what they do with their short lives. Great sinners are already often unloved, abused, neglected, sick , tortured people.

People don't deserve the lives of fear, agony, and feeling abandoned by God, cancer , and painful deaths. Children don't deserve to be born with HIV or missing limbs either!

I could go on and on but shall spare you more...

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Humans often don't deserve to be paralyzed from the neck down like my best friend in high school from an injury, or innocent people raped and murdered for trying to help someone they think is injured (the victims of Ted Bundy for instance) , killed for an act of kindness that cost them their lives while they were young and beautiful (many of them kind-natured, straight A students in school).

Human beings don't deserve an eternity of torture for what they do with their short lives. Great sinners are already often unloved, abused, neglected, sick , tortured people.

People don't deserve the lives of fear, agony, and feeling abandoned by God, cancer , and painful deaths. Children don't deserve to be born with HIV or missing limbs either!

God's repeated behavior towards humanity has been extremely atrocious, sadistic tyrannical and viciously cruel. God is guilty of immeasurable crimes against humanity and global genocide. Personally speaking, I believe Isaiah 45:7 perfectly reveals God's true nature, and it most certainly doesn't reveal a loving, merciful heavenly father. It reveals a cold-blooded sadistic genocidal monster.

In the King James Version, Isaiah 45:7 reads, "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." Evil is defined as 1. Morally bad or wrong; wicked, 2. Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful, and 3. Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous.

In the New International Version, Isaiah 45:7 reads, "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things." Disaster is defined as 1. An occurrence causing widespread destruction and distress; a catastrophe, 2. A grave misfortune, and 3. A total failure.

In the English Standard Version, Isaiah 45:7 reads "I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things." Calamity is defined as 1. An event that brings terrible loss, lasting distress, or severe affliction; a disaster, 2. Dire distress resulting from loss or tragedy, and 3. Any great misfortune or cause of misery; in general, any event or disaster which produces extensive evils, as loss of crops, earthquakes, etc., but also applied to any misfortune which brings great distress upon a single person; misfortune; distress; adversity.

As I've mentioned before, God has personally killed people, he has committed global genocide, and he ordered the Israelites to completely destroy other nations. God ordered them to kill every man, woman, child, infant, and all their animals (Exodus 17:8–13; 1 Samuel 15:2; Deuteronomy 25:17). It's written in the Book of Acts that he killed a man and his wife for lying to Peter (Acts 5:5-10).

The Book of Acts is in the New Testament, and it is amid all the contradictory verses in the rest of the New Testament that speak of God's alleged love for mankind. God's followers will always attempt to defend him and try to justify his atrocious behavior, and they will immediately blame the creation, either man or Satan or both. They adamantly refuse to place the blame where it truly belongs, and that's with God, the omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent creator. God has foreknowledge and infinite wisdom, therefore, he knew before he created anything that mankind would fall. He also has infinite power, which means he could intervene and stop the immeasurable human suffering, but he turns a blind eye to it. He allowed the Holocaust to happen, and that's despicable, IMO.

Last edited:

DNB

Christian

How do you know what anyone deserves, we've all become so desensitized in this world that even dead-beats believe that they are good people.
There is a lot of unfathomable and inexplicable suffering in the world, but in the afterlife, we will begin to see how trivial and incomparable our pain was compared to the glory that lies ahead. Yes, it appears that a lot of people suffer for no reason, whereas callous and selfish people do not go through the same calamities. All I can say is that, as a rule, trials and tribulations build character and strength, and God knows every hair on everyone's head - He will not forget what people have gone through. If He asked His followers to die in the flames, and His Son to be unjustifiably hung on a cross, then we understand that this world is not the ultimate goal - do not assess one's fortune based on what occurs on earth...

Last edited:

74x12

Why did God allow Satan to tempt David?
The sins of Israel called for the accuser. David was just in the way. Satan was just doing his job and David was just doing his job by standing in the gap. Maybe he was sleeping on the job that time.
Why does God allow Satan to be God of this world and control people?
Because they love their sins. Remember Satan has to be invited in on some level. God gives him what authority we humans allow and even then he shows mercy to us and is able to rescue us because he cares for us. He's near to all those who call on him sincerely and the broken hearted.
Why does God allow Satan to deceive, manipulate, confuse, blind, enslave, destroy, harm people??
Because of the darkness/sin that is in the world. God doesn't love to see anyone deceived by Satan. He wants people to resist evil and be set free.
It's because God obviously delights in evil, wickedness, death, chaos, war, destruction, and drama!
We shouldn't think that God loves evil; rather he loves the good that overcomes the evil. So for example he does not love death; but resurrection. He does not love sin; but repentance and forgiveness. He does not love sickness but healing. So on and so forth. You can see how from every evil and every harmful condition good is allowed to spring up by the power of God. God is for us. But we need to admit that we need Him. We need to to admit that we could use his favor.
God is the cause of all of the above.
He did allow the opportunity for evil to arise; but it was our choice to eat the forbidden fruit. God does want the opportunity for evil to exist because without it there is no opportunity to choose the good instead.
I'm not being unreasonable. I'm taking a stand against a God who loves evil and cruelty (while pretending to love peace. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing) and I think God can appreciate that I hate what goes against my conscience!
I think that faith is the reasonable response. I mean you can just be angry at God all day and keep thinking of the evils you attribute to God's doing ... or you could just say "I don't understand but I'll trust you anyway". That is faith. So one train of thought is futile/pointless and the other is just logical as I'll explain.

Why does faith make sense? Because we live in world full of deception and evil demons who whisper in our spiritual ear all the time. Constantly inundating us with evil thoughts. According to the Bible the only antidote is the shield of faith.

So how can you really know or trust anything in such a world? Can you even trust your own thoughts? We ourselves are often mistaken and how much more when evil spirits are lying to us? So faith is the only logical and reasonable response to living in a such a world. You need something to cling to. You need an anchor in the storm. If you can't trust in the goodness and righteousness of God then what? You will be like Peter when he looked down at the waves and so he started to sink. Because his eyes were on the confusion and the chaos of the storm and not on Jesus. As John D Brey said; we should walk by faith and not by sight.

Like the scripture says; Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge God and he shall direct thy path.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
That would be a bit more ballsy of him to not just sit up there in Heaven in streets paved with gold, in a palace, with billions of lovers who adore him, and actually help people, open some eyes, guide people who pray to him, be a friend to those who seek truth.
Or maybe he could even choose to die for the human race! Naw, that would be too drastic. No God would actually go that far, would he?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Or maybe he could even choose to die for the human race! Naw, that would be too drastic. No God would actually go that far, would he?
He didn't remain faithful to his promises. How do I know he did that?

But I will praise him for many good graces. I have had many. Thank you Jesus! Just please be faithful to your word! Thank you in advance!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
He remained faithful to every promise.
Faith of a mustard seed can move Mountains? Ask and you shall receive? Seek and you shall find? Those who believe in me will do my works and greater works than these?

All words of Jesus Christ that never come true! :mad:

How about the promises to guide and give understanding to people?

How about when God said "no father gives his child a snake when he asks for a fish. If you who are wicked give good things to your children, how much more will the Father give them good things and the holy spirit to those who ask."

There are wicked Fathers who will give a clear set of instructions to a child who asks. They will also help their child if their child is getting raped and tortured to death.

Both of which God refuses to do! :mad:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Faith of a mustard seed can move Mountains? Ask and you shall receive? Seek and you shall find? Those who believe in me will do my works and greater works than these?

All words of Jesus Christ that never come true! :mad:

How about the promises to guide and give understanding to people?

How about when God said "no father gives his child a snake when he asks for a fish. If you who are wicked give good things to your children, how much more will the Father give them good things and the holy spirit to those who ask."

There are wicked Fathers who will give a clear set of instructions to a child who asks. They will also help their child if their child is getting raped and tortured to death.

Both of which God refuses to do! :mad:
Seek and you shall find is 100 percent truth. Those who follow Jesus have done greater works, they have evangelized the nation's!
God helps those who seek him with a sincere heart. If you claim to seek but only want to diss him you won't likely recieve much help.