• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God loves gays and lesbians

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Well aggressive people didn’t choose to be that way ether, but they are expected to go against their own nature and try to avoid violent actions.

So if you accept the premise that it is wrong to be gay, then gay people are expected to fight against their own nature and avoid doing gay stuff.

It shouldn’t be a big of a deal, we all fight against our nature we all do things that “we don’t like” or avoid things that we would like to do.

Everyone can change their behavior to be more acceptable. Sexual orientation is about way more than that. Can you stop being hetero?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Either God is love or he's not. If he's not, he's not one deserving of worship. If he is, let's stop hating and discriminating.
Exactly

The Greatest Commandment is simple and easy to understand, I thought

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Upholding what you like while discarding what you don't like is the definition of cherry picking.
cher·ry-pick·ing
/ˈCHerēˌpikiNG/

noun
  1. the action or practice of choosing and taking only the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc., from what is available.
Well, in this case of @Starlight it's not about what "she likes or dislikes", it's about knowing the essence...verses declared most important trump all other verses not declared as most important

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, in this case of @Starlight it's not about what "she likes or dislikes", it's about knowing the essence...verses declared most important trump all other verses not declared as most important
That's called cherry picking, and very poor theology as it's an endless debate with no clear answer as to what to discard and what to follow.
Or, if one part isn't real then what makes a dead person coming back to life real? If you're going to snip the unbelievable and nasty bits, why not the totally impossible?
If you're pick and choose parts of a religion why even bother with that religion?

leroy

Everyone can change their behavior to be more acceptable. Sexual orientation is about way more than that. Can you stop being hetero?
No but if my sexual orientation/attractions where morally wrong, people would expect me to work on them and avoid acting on such orientation.

For example given the fact that I am attracted to other women other than my wife, people expect me to “repress” and don’t cheat on my wife.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Who told you to write title of a book with lowercase letter?
Did it cross your mind that may have been a typo and it's bad taste to criticize and point such things out because I promise that you, and no one else, has a 100% accuracy and never types any errors.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
No but if my sexual orientation/attractions where morally wrong, people would expect me to work on them and avoid acting on such orientation.

For example given the fact that I am attracted to other women other than my wife, people expect me to “repress” and don’t cheat on my wife.

Morally wrong according to who? You don't seem to understand sexual orientation. You have a choice to have sex with your wife, even if you don't have sex with anyone else. Who else is a gay person going to have sex with? Someone who is the gender they aren't attracted to? Would you want the only choice you have is to have sex with the same gender?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
God loves gays and lesbians. It is not a sin. They do not harm anyone. They only love each other. God is love. Because of this i know God is not against same sex relationship
God loves everyone. That doesn't mean people don't sin.
And why would you assume they love each other?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
God loves gays and lesbians. It is not a sin. They do not harm anyone. They only love each other. God is love. Because of this i know God is not against same sex relationship
Agreed. I've never gotten the impression that God views me as lesser for being a trans man and bisexual.

Truth in love

Option 2 is an easy one
There is 1 clear verse in the Bible, that proves that it's okay to be gay

But, I see you are Christian, so I am 100% sure you know that verse
I’ve been studying the bi lie near 40 years and have yet to see such a verse. Please cite.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What about Sodom and Homorra of Holy Bible? What about Great Flood of Bible?
God gives His reasons for destroying Sodom and doesn't mention homosexuality:

"48 "As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, your sister Sodom and her daughters never did what you and your daughters have done.

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom:
She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen." - Ezekiel 16:48-49

My Orthodox Study Bible's rendering of that passage doesn't mention homosexuality at all, either, and that's a very conservative translation. I would think if homosexuality was the biggest reason, God would've mentioned this, through His prophet. :shrug:

I've never heard anyone say the Flood was caused by homosexuality.

leroy

Morally wrong according to who? You don't seem to understand sexual orientation. You have a choice to have sex with your wife, even if you don't have sex with anyone else. Who else is a gay person going to have sex with? Someone who is the gender they aren't attracted to? Would you want the only choice you have is to have sex with the same gender?
Well lets say that for whatever reason I cant ever have sex with my wife (perhaps a medical reason)

Am I expected to respect her and not have sex with other women? (Yes)

Or should I say, it’s my nature, I have a natural desire for sex, therefore I can cheat on my wife (NO)

Morally wrong according to who?
I am not making any moral judgment, I said “if” you accept the premise that doing gay stuff is wrong , then gay people are expected not do gay stuff.
All I am implying is that the “it´s his nature” argument is silly,

Last edited: