• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God loves gays and lesbians

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
@Starlight

Can you name one thing you disagree with God about? Maybe you aren't talking about God, maybe you are talking about your own personal feelings towards the subject matter.
I do not disagree with God. I believe in a God who is universal. God is beyond religion. God has no spesific religion. And God is both love and justice

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I do not disagree with God. I believe in a God who is universal. God is beyond religion. God has no spesific religion. And God is both love and justice

Then how do you argue that you aren't talking about God but yourself and your own personal feelings?

Let me try to help you understand this better:
You are imperfect -> You will have imperfect views on subject matters.
God is perfect -> God has perfect views on subject matters.

If you believe if God is always correct, either you have changed your view points to God's, and have perfect view points OR God has your imperfect view points, which is impossible, because God cannot be imperfect. So either you have perfect opinions or God has imperfect opinions, either way I would argue each is a fallacy by itself.

By saying that you agree with all God's viewpoints you are actually removing God from the equation and using your own biases and claiming God, a perfect being, is backing you up on your claims.

Do you not see how ridiculous something like that will appear to fellow Christians or atheists? I can easily see through this because much of my theology transcends standard theology but I know better. This fallacy is simply the appeal to authority fallacy and all of us see right through this.

btw

My own personal opinion on this subject matter is that God has no opinion about this subject matter. God doesn't care who you love. All sexual natures and orientations come naturally. Even other species have their fair share of homosexuals in them. But just because it has appeared in nature, and as a pantheist I see nature as God, doesn't mean God "loves" homosexuals. God/Nature is actually incapable of directly loving its creation, so it created Adam and (St)Eve to love each other instead. Yes, many homosexuals love each other, and homosexuality happens naturally, but to say that God, or the Universe, or Earth, or even The Omniverse loves them or myself, doesn't make any sense. My God is impersonal. There are more important things at work here than who or what you love. And nature is taking a good job of those things already.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
2 its ok to be gay according to the bible and I am just misunderstanding the verses

I would like to pick option 2, but intellectually I really cant find a way to do it.
Option 2 is an easy one
There is 1 clear verse in the Bible, that proves that it's okay to be gay

But, I see you are Christian, so I am 100% sure you know that verse

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Those passagers you wrote is not from God because:

How to know what is from God in the Bible? That is simple. God is love and just. What is against love and justice is not from God.

In my opinion

2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." The word "all" means whole, entire, total, and includes everything without exception and implies that nothing has been omitted, ignored, abated, or taken away. The word "all" doesn't mean a few or only the scriptures that Christians personally approve of and agree with because these scriptures appear to verify their view of what they think God is. It is quite common for most Christians to only accept the scriptures they approve of as divinely inspired by God, and all other scriptures they disapprove of are only written by men, and God didn't inspire the scriptures that they don't like.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is not cherry picking
Upholding what you like while discarding what you don't like is the definition of cherry picking.
cher·ry-pick·ing
/ˈCHerēˌpikiNG/

noun
  1. the action or practice of choosing and taking only the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc., from what is available.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That is cherry picking because what you see as loving and just another won't agree with.

Upholding what you like while discarding what you don't like is the definition of cherry picking.
cher·ry-pick·ing
/ˈCHerēˌpikiNG/

noun
  1. the action or practice of choosing and taking only the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc., from what is available.

Exactly. Well said.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I would go so far to say that God (The Omniverse/Entropy/Extropy) has absolutely no opinions on any subject matters. There was a thread of a Baha'i talking to us about how he felt like needed wisdom from God, and I instructed him to listen to God. But that wisdom doesn't come from God, it comes from within yourself. Because of this anyone who says that God has an opinion on a subject matter is simply committing the illogical fallacy of appealing to a false authority. I don't care what the Bible, the Quran, or whatever other book you cite to tell me what God's opinions are because those books were written by imperfect people trying to understand their own imperfect view points. What I do know is that our concept of extropy is being refined in ways and we have started to learn to embrace and tolerate people with differences due to this.

People are just now fully starting to realize that many of the so-called negative differences we had: being black, being gay, being trans, really shouldn't be a disqualification for them to be your co-workers, your neighbors or friends. But extropy doesn't change, we have just grown as a society to accept people and their differences from us. That's not God, that's us. And Starlight isn't talking about God, he/she is talking about his/her personal experiences regarding this topic. There's already evidence from this forum that many people here also believe in an impersonal pantheist or panentheist God, one that cannot have opinions on subject matters. All Starlight is doing is taking his/her own wisdom and applying it universally and making it appear that he/she has an authority he/she doesn't have.

That's all.

lostwanderingsoul

Option 2 is an easy one
There is 1 clear verse in the Bible, that proves that it's okay to be gay

But, I see you are Christian, so I am 100% sure you know that verse
And there is one verse that proves it is NOT ok to be gay. Leviticus 20:13 says if two men lay together as with a woman, both shall be put to death. Sounds pretty serious.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And there is one verse that proves it is NOT ok to be gay. Leviticus 20:13 says if two men lay together as with a woman, both shall be put to death. Sounds pretty serious.
It also condemns eating shrimp, wearing mixed fabrics, rotating crops, and talking to menstruating women. It also gives instructions on how to beat slaves and how to sell your daughter.

It's silly that anyone still takes that book seriously.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It also condemns eating shrimp, wearing mixed fabrics, rotating crops, and talking to menstruating women. It also gives instructions on how to beat slaves and how to sell your daughter.

It's silly that anyone still takes that book seriously.

Not to mention that a lying tongue is listed among the other abominations in the Bible. In fact, there are a total of 84 abominations listed in the Bible. The Bible states that the Israelites massacred the Amalekites (killing every man, woman, child, infant, and all the animals) because God ordered them to (1 Samuel 15:3). Personally speaking, I think that if someone wants how to be a moral person, then they shouldn't read the Bible, especially the Old Testament. It's clear to me that God is not as some Christians portray him to be.

I fail to see how forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist, ordering the death of witches, brutally slaughtering the entire populace of nearby nations for the land in a barbaric conquest to take possession of a "promised land," and dashing the heads of infants against the rocks (Psalm 137:9) is moral behavior. So much for "thou shalt not kill." The God of the Bible appears to have a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality because, according to the multitude of examples provided in the Bible, he has killed human beings with impunity.

According to the Bible, Jesus was well aware of God being a sadistic psychopathic murderer because he said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28; NIV). Of course, if anyone knows how cruel the Christian God is, it would be his son. The vivid way Jesus depicted God, that doesn't sound like a loving, just, and merciful God to me. On the contrary, that sounds like a cruel, sadistic, psychopathic murderer.

Last edited: