• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God loves Drama

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Scripture says that God creates evil. Why? Imagine Spider-Man without villains or Batman without a joker or bad guy. Boring!

God needs entertainment. He needs controversial figures like Donald Trump, Hitler, Napoleon, and various tyrants. He needs the Devil. He creates antichrists.

Why does God create or permit so much evil and confusion in our world? Because he needs the entertainment and amusement. He needs a BS three ring circus sideshow. He creates evil so that he can be a greater hero when he defeats it. He also creates drama so that there can be heroic valiant deeds and mystery.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you realize how morally bankrupt that makes God out to be?
The thought has crossed my mind many times. However, I guess God gets to decide what is and is not morally bankrupt.

If he has a huge eternal reward for those who suffered in this life, they might appreciate it more if they suffer before receiving it.

InChrist

Free4ever
Maybe the god of your imagination likes drama, but the true Creator God offers peace and freedom from the drama humans continually create...

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9

You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. Acts 10:36

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit
Romans 14:17

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

The God of peace be with you all. Amen. Romans 15:33

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Romans 16:20

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.1 Corinthians 14:33

Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11

Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9

Paul, Silas and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace and peace to you. 1 Thessalonians 1:1

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23

Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep.. Hebrews 13:20

...who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
1 Peter 1:2

Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 3 Peter 1:2

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Maybe the god of your imagination likes drama, but the true Creator God offers peace and freedom from the drama humans continually create...

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9

You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. Acts 10:36

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit
Romans 14:17

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

The God of peace be with you all. Amen. Romans 15:33

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Romans 16:20

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.1 Corinthians 14:33

Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11

Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9

Paul, Silas and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace and peace to you. 1 Thessalonians 1:1

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23

Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep.. Hebrews 13:20

...who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
1 Peter 1:2

Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 3 Peter 1:2
The Bible says God creates evil and hardens hearts.

You don't even know if the Bible is without error.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Scripture says that God creates evil. Why? Imagine Spider-Man without villains or Batman without a joker or bad guy. Boring!

God needs entertainment. He needs controversial figures like Donald Trump, Hitler, Napoleon, and various tyrants. He needs the Devil. He creates antichrists.

Why does God create or permit so much evil and confusion in our world? Because he needs the entertainment and amusement. He needs a BS three ring circus sideshow. He creates evil so that he can be a greater hero when he defeats it. He also creates drama so that there can be heroic valiant deeds and mystery.
Have you forgotten that Hitler and Trump were voted into power by popular vote?
It is simply our collective karma, nothing to do with anything God wishes persé.

InChrist

Free4ever
The Bible says God creates evil and hardens hearts.

You don't even know if the Bible is without error.

Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. Matthew 22:29

Jesus is the Word, He believed and taught the scriptures accurately, without twisting their meaning as so many do to malign God. So I believe the Bible is without error.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. Matthew 22:29

Jesus is the Word, He believed and taught the scriptures accurately, without twisting their meaning as so many do to malign God. So I believe the Bible is without error.
Jesus quoted the Septuagint which contained the deuterocanonicals. For all you know, the Apocrypha could be the word of God. The first Christian Bible contained those books.

And you don't know that the Bible is the truth anymore than a Muslim knows that the Quran is the truth.

InChrist

Free4ever
Jesus quoted the Septuagint which contained the deuterocanonicals. For all you know, the Apocrypha could be the word of God. The first Christian Bible contained those books.

And you don't know that the Bible is the truth anymore than a Muslim knows that the Quran is the truth.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

Jesus, as the Word, was quoting from His own mind and words.
Can you give me an example of one quote in the NT Jesus made from the Apocrypha?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

Jesus, as the Word, was quoting from His own mind and words.
Can you give me an example of one quote in the NT Jesus made from the Apocrypha?
Irrelevant. He still quoted the Septuagint which contains those books.

Most of the words that Jesus spoke in his lifetime never got written down. They are just as much the word of God. The Bible is full of contradictions and Christians are still very divided over how to interpret it.

Of the approximately 300 Old Testament quotes in the New Testament, approximately 2/3 of them came from the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament) which included the deuterocanonical books
SEPTUAGINT QUOTES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT - Scripture Catholic

InChrist

Free4ever
Irrelevant. He still quoted the Septuagint which contains those books.

Most of the words that Jesus spoke in his lifetime never got written down. They are just as much the word of God. The Bible is full of contradictions and Christians are still very divided over how to interpret it.

Of the approximately 300 Old Testament quotes in the New Testament, approximately 2/3 of them came from the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament) which included the deuterocanonical books
SEPTUAGINT QUOTES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT - Scripture Catholic

Paul states that the oracles of God were committed to the Jews. The Jews did not recognize or consider the Apocrypha to be inspired scripture. If it were Jesus or the apostles would have included at least a quote from it somewhere in their teaching or writing.

Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the value of circumcision? Much in every way. To begin with, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

And again, the scriptures throughout show that God is a God of peace and reconciliation as Jesus also demonstrated.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I think people like drama. That's why God was created in the first place.

A big superhero with super villains. Come to think of it , a whole lot of religions read like Marvel's comic books and shows.

You might be onto something.....

Is it drama he likes, or is he trying to produce in us a strength, a respect and a appreciation for life?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What if "god" was actually some sort of Lovecraftian being whose sustenance was humankind's suffering and anguish, and deceives and manipulates the world in order to cultivate it?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I’m always at a loss to understand how and why people make God out to be some kind of cosmic puppet master, pulling strings, or playing chess with humans.

The old generation of Italians blamed every child illness or death, every instance of cancer as “God’s will”. I don’t believe in the God of the Bible for a number of reasons but even when I did I never believed that evil or illness was God’s will. Do people do this because they have no other answers for why “bad things happen to good people”?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Paul states that the oracles of God were committed to the Jews. The Jews did not recognize or consider the Apocrypha to be inspired scripture. If it were Jesus or the apostles would have included at least a quote from it somewhere in their teaching or writing.

Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the value of circumcision? Much in every way. To begin with, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

And again, the scriptures throughout show that God is a God of peace and reconciliation as Jesus also demonstrated.
How do you know what Jesus quoted and what he didn't? A small tiny percentage of what Jesus actually said and did was recorded, and the Bible even says that.

Therefore, you do not know most of what Jesus said. Scripture says that there would not be enough libraries to contain all the things he did and said.

You don't know that the Apocrypha was not the word of God. I've done the research, and it is obvious that Protestants get their Bible from the Catholic Church.

The inventor of the Protestant Reformation was a Catholic priest who got his Bible from the Catholic church and ripped out some of the books. You don't know that he was right.

Like every Christian, you pick and choose what you want to believe and reject the rest. Many times I've seen you declare that the Bible doesn't mean what it says, when you find a verse inconvenient.

InChrist

Free4ever
How do you know what Jesus quoted and what he didn't? A small tiny percentage of what Jesus actually said and did was recorded, and the Bible even says that.

Therefore, you do not know most of what Jesus said. Scripture says that there would not be enough libraries to contain all the things he did and said.

You don't know that the Apocrypha was not the word of God. I've done the research, and it is obvious that Protestants get their Bible from the Catholic Church.

The inventor of the Protestant Reformation was a Catholic priest who got his Bible from the Catholic church and ripped out some of the books. You don't know that he was right.

Like every Christian, you pick and choose what you want to believe and reject the rest. Many times I've seen you declare that the Bible doesn't mean what it says, when you find a verse inconvenient.

Sure only a small percentage of Jesus' words were recorded....but the words that were recorded are the words God made sure to be recorded and preserved.

Martin Luther may have been a Catholic priest, but as I have said repeatedly the scriptures were circulating well before the existence of the Catholic church. The letters of the apostles and the gospels were already shared throughout the various churches.The Old Testament books were already gathered and translated from Hebrew into Greek by seventy scholars at Alexandria, Egypt around the year 227 B.C., long before Christ came to earth. This Septuagint was the version Christ and His apostles used and it did not contain the Apocrypha.

I have said that the Bible does not mean what YOU say it means, but I've never said the Bible does not mean what it says. I have said that isolated verses cannot be taken out of context, the whole counsel of God's word must be taken into account to determine the meaning, and that scripture interprets scripture.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sure only a small percentage of Jesus' words were recorded....but the words that were recorded are the words God made sure to be recorded and preserved.

Martin Luther may have been a Catholic priest, but as I have said repeatedly the scriptures were circulating well before the existence of the Catholic church. The letters of the apostles and the gospels were already shared throughout the various churches.The Old Testament books were already gathered and translated from Hebrew into Greek by seventy scholars at Alexandria, Egypt around the year 227 B.C., long before Christ came to earth. This Septuagint was the version Christ and His apostles used and it did not contain the Apocrypha.

I have said that the Bible does not mean what YOU say it means, but I've never said the Bible does not mean what it says. I have said that isolated verses cannot be taken out of context, the whole counsel of God's word must be taken into account to determine the meaning, and that scripture interprets scripture.
And you don't know what context is correct. Before the 16th century, all churches believe that Holy Communion was the flesh and blood of Christ.

You say the command of Christ to eat his flesh and blood doesn't mean what it says.

I wonder how many other verses do not mean what they say. How do you know you have the correct context?