• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is the one who's creating all the things that you see all around you.

What type of evidence are you looking for ? I am seeing many things all around me.
When I look at Creation, the World, the Universe, even in the smallest details of life, the order of life and how things work, the human body even just our eyes it’s obvious to me. This doesn’t include people who have died and come back to life and testify about what they’ve seen and experienced, suggest there is an afterlife, The biblical account of Jesus Christ, His life, resurrection, testimonies of those who spent years walking with Jesus Christ and recorded in the Bible. You literally cannot walk through this life without seeing and hearing the evidence all around us of His influence even in unbelievers who use His name as a curse word.

Lain

Come on..
How will you challenge this statement ?

I wouldn't, for it seems to me that I would agree due to these verses:

"For you [God] love all things that exist, and detest none of the things that you have made, for you would not have made anything if you had hated it. How would anything have endured if you had not willed it? Or how would anything not called forth by you have been preserved? You spare all things, for they are yours, O Lord, you who love the living."

"In him [God] we live and move and have our being," or "one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all," or "for by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together" (which is said of the Lord Jesus).

Although such is my opinion. Pretty cool according to me.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I wouldn't, for it seems to me that I would agree due to these verses:

"For you [God] love all things that exist, and detest none of the things that you have made, for you would not have made anything if you had hated it. How would anything have endured if you had not willed it? Or how would anything not called forth by you have been preserved? You spare all things, for they are yours, O Lord, you who love the living."

"In him [God] we live and move and have our being," or "one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all," or "for by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together" (which is said of the Lord Jesus).

Although such is my opinion. Pretty cool according to me.

My opinion is different and as long as you don't demand God's laws, but accept human laws we will be fine.

A Vestigial Mote

God is the one who's creating all the things that you see all around you.
So is God consistently creating the things we see around us? As in, these things need constant "creation" to be around? You worded this in the present tense like this... so why did you do that? And there is an interesting thing to point out about this kind of thinking if you truly think that there is ongoing "creation" happening for various things around the world.

For example, a tree - based on the processes that have been documented for the "birth" and growth development of trees, we can understand that the seed of the tree begins taking in nutrients and water from its surroundings, adding to its mass and branching out - it is not "creating" anything, only re-appropriating. The wording of your statement lays bare the probable case that you simply do not understand how that works at a fundamental level. To the point that you then just see "magic" happening all around you that dazzles your mind. When in reality, there are explanations for all of the things you might seem to think just "pop" into existence. Sand is another good example - pertinent too, since my son is learning about the rock cycle in his 3RD GRADE CLASS at the moment. They're studying weathering and erosion and deposition - which are the processes that create and deposit things like sand in large quantities. If asked, I could imagine you saying that God "creates" the sand... and I could see you imagining that it just "poofs" into existence like that.

If this is not how you think, then I would advise watching how you word certain turns of phrase. And also... don't go around claiming "God did it." It isn't honorable. It isn't intellectual. It isn't cute.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
What laws? There are human laws and divine laws in the world according to me, which can be broken down further but that is the broadest categorization.

As long as you keep the divine laws personal to you, just as I keep my religion personal to me, then okay.