• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is sick

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The God most Christians and Muslims promote makes me want to vomit!

Are you off the popular belief that those who died not embracing your religion have no salvation or get tossed into a lake of fire?

Why should I want to be in heaven for eternity worshiping such a God who is so unjust?

Yes, it is stupid. What about the billions of people that were never exposed to the true faith?

If you must accept Jesus in this life to be saved, and there's no second Chances of accepting him after death, why was that Grace given to the countless souls who died before Christ? They found Jesus after they died.

My van driver at work is a very kind and generous person with much compassion, but she is an atheist. when I was in a wheelchair, an extremely kind Cambodian girl would take care of me, have recreation with me ,a we were always together and truly I loved her company. Yet she was an atheist.

If such people die atheist and go to hell, then God is a prick and the epitome of what my conscience tells is not right, sick, and wrong!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Are you off the popular belief that those who died not embracing your religion have no salvation or get tossed into a lake of fire?

Why should I want to be in heaven for eternity worshiping such a God who is so unjust?

Yes, it is stupid. What about the billions of people that were never exposed to the true faith?

If you must accept Jesus in this life to be saved, and there's no second Chances of accepting him after death, why was that Grace given to the countless souls who died before Christ? They found Jesus after they died.

My van driver at work is a very kind and generous person with much compassion, but she is an atheist. when I was in a wheelchair, an extremely kind Cambodian girl would take care of me, have recreation with me ,a we were always together and truly I loved her company. Yet she was an atheist.

If such people die atheist and go to hell, then God is a prick and the epitome of what my conscience tells is not right, sick, and wrong!
OP is Blasphemy in my view. You are in title to have your opinion @PopeADope But this time you go to far in calling God Sick. And to answer your question. Yes if human beings does evil deeds, hurt others, make ego before God, then No they will not be able to go to heaven, and yes if someone does kill others, they can end up in a form of Hell to repay their karmic debt.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
OP is Blasphemy in my view. You are in title to have your opinion @PopeADope But this time you go to far in calling God Sick. And to answer your question. Yes if human beings does evil deeds, hurt others, make ego before God, then No they will not be able to go to heaven, and yes if someone does kill others, they can end up in a form of Hell to repay their karmic debt.
Let me clarify, the God I know is not sick!

The God who most Christians and Muslims promote, is a sick God who will burn people in hell for all eternity for not believing the right dogmas.

How is that not sick and the epitome of cruel?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Let me clarify, the God I know is not sick!

The God who most Christians and Muslims promote, is a sick God who will burn people in hell for all eternity for not believing the right dogmas.

How is that not sick and the epitome of cruel?
Well we see it a bit different (that is natural) It is not God who condem you to hell if you do wrong, it is actually you self who do that, because all a God does is to give the teaching HOW to get in to heaven, But it is up to you to follow it if you want to get in (there is no free passes in to heaven) it is hard work every day. so even it is written in a horendes way, it does not mean literarly, but it is an example of where you go if your morality, ethics, and hard work to become better slip and one get immoral do wrong doing all the time and dont give a Shi....t about what God asked of the followers to do to enter heaven, If a human beings does not become better and more clear minded, how do you think heaven would look if millions of immoral people got access there? Just as the earth? and then it would be no heaven. because we would have destroyed it from ego that human beings do have

Spiderman

Veteran Member
OP is Blasphemy in my view. You are in title to have your opinion [.

If God burns good people in hell for not believing in an invisible God who allows children to be sex-slaves, brutally tortured, or murdered, then such a God deserves blasphemy and I see blaspheming him is a noble deed.

However, the God I know is not like that. I don't worship the jerk that the Bible and Quran paint as a picture of a wrathful tyrant worse than Hitler!

I do believe scriptures like "love your enemies, forgive others, give to the poor "etc. But some of what is contained in the book makes me sick and my conscience tells me it is wrong

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

Yes, those politicized and preferred recastings of God...are sort of like an idol even in a way (though many wouldn't even have a hint they had heard a false version or mere invention of a preacher).

Oh sure, as soon as I read Bible Gateway passage: Romans 2:6-16 - New International Version like the 2nd time through, trying to understand it, then suddenly I realized the popular notions that only Christians could ever go to heaven are plainly wrong -- against what the common bible actually says (if one reads more of it than just isolated verses).

(the real picture is even yet more complex, in the common bible -- due to what we learn in 1rst Peter chapter 3 -- which seems to suggest that everyone will get a chance to hear the essential, pure truth, from God in person in effect(!) and convert, if they choose, of their own choice, it seems, as the 'spirits in prison' from the flood are only representative of all that didn't hear the message of salvation....)

So, yeah, the popular notions people spread around often -- those are inventions that appear likely to have been mistakenly made by people that didn't read well (or didn't read through all the NT). And then, having been poorly invented, those ideas became doctrines, and people just trusted in those doctrines (another mistake, also spoken against in scripture, to trust in men (preachers, presidents, etc.) instead of trusting in God).

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well we see it a bit different (that is natural) It is not God who condem you to hell if you do wrong, it is actually you self who do that, because all a God does is to give the teaching HOW to get in to heaven, But it is up to you to follow it if you want to get in (there is no free passes in to heaven) it is hard work every day. so even it is written in a horendes way, it does not mean literarly, but it is an example of where you go if your morality, ethics, and hard work to become better slip and one get immoral do wrong doing all the time and dont give a Shi....t about what God asked of the followers to do to enter heaven, If a human beings does not become better and more clear minded, how do you think heaven would look if millions of immoral people got access there? Just as the earth? and then it would be no heaven. because we would have destroyed it from ego that human beings do have
God could allow there to be another realm that is not hell where people who don't want to worship him can live in peace.

God can also purify and rehabilitate people in purgatory to make them fit for Heaven.

I'm not speaking of wicked people going to Hell, but good unbelievers and good Pagans and heretics who simply did not know they believed falsehoods.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If God burns good people in hell for not believing in an invisible God who allows children to be sex-slaves, brutally tortured, or murdered, then such a God deserves blasphemy and I see blaspheming him is a noble deed.

However, the God I know is not like that. I don't worship the jerk that the Bible and Quran paint as a picture of a wrathful tyrant worse than Hitler!

I do believe scriptures like "love your enemies, forgive others, give to the poor "etc. But some of what is contained in the book makes me sick and my conscience tells me it is wrong
The first part of your answer is from old testament (you do know old testament is not for Christians?) The way we humans should be is to not hurt others, not make others suffer, and to give if someone hurt us. So yes that part we agree, but it is not Gods fault that human beings can not be good, that is our own fault

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes, those politicized and preferred recastings of God...are sort of like an idol even in a way (though many wouldn't even have a hint they had heard a false version or mere invention of a preacher).

Oh sure, as soon as I read Bible Gateway passage: Romans 2:6-16 - New International Version like the 2nd time through, trying to understand it, then suddenly I realized the popular notions that only Christians could ever go to heaven are plainly against what the common bible actually says.

(the real picture is even yet more complex, in the common bible -- due to what we learn in 1rst Peter chapter 3 -- which seems to suggest that everyone will get a chance to hear the essential, pure truth, from God in person in effect(!) and convert, if they choose, of their own choice, it seems, as the 'spirits in prison' from the flood are only representative of all that didn't hear the message of salvation....)

So, yeah, the popular notions people spread around often -- those are inventions that appear likely to have been mistakenly made by people that didn't read well (or didn't read through all the NT). And then, having been poorly invented, those ideas became doctrines, and people just trusted in those doctrines (another mistake, also spoken against in scripture, to trust in men (preachers, presidents, etc.) instead of trusting in God).
Yes, and the Bible says the scriptures are even preached to the dead, which means the dead could dwell somewhere else other than hell before that.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
God could allow there to be another realm that is not hell where people who don't want to worship him can live in peace.

God can also purify and rehabilitate people in purgatory to make them fit for Heaven.

I'm not speaking of wicked people going to Hell, but good unbelievers and good Pagans and heretics who simply did not know they believed falsehoods.
As long a none believer live a morally good life, and never hurt others, they dont go to hell. in worse case they get reborn on earth and get a new chance to live

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
As long a none believer live a morally good life, and never hurt others, they dont go to hell. in worse case they get reborn on earth and get a new chance to live
Interestingly, that's a pretty fair paraphrase of exactly what is in the common bible (!), if read a certain way: the "new earth" being that which is coming after this life for those that either live righteously (not easy unless one repents of wrongs) or that choose redemption by admitting wrongs and turning from wrongs by looking to Christ and being changed (to simply some things and paraphrase) (and another key thing we have is the Love Himself (God) is the One saving us, redeeming us, re birthing us).

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
There is a saying "actions speaks louder than words"

So, why do you stick to this Christian-God-belief that "atheists go to hell"?

Why not trust your own "gut-feeling", called conscience?
Why not be confident, and accept only what feels good to you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
There is a saying "actions speaks louder than words"

So, why do you stick to this Christian-God-belief that "atheists go to hell"?

Why not trust your own "gut-feeling", called conscience?
Why not be confident, and accept only what feels good to you?
I'm only speaking of the God in the Bible and the Quran.

I follow my conscience above that. I do not believe good atheists go to hell.

...Why should I want to be in heaven for eternity worshiping such a God who is so unjust?...

Bible tells eternal life is for righteous. I believe all people have chance to be righteous. And I think that is good. If unrighteous would live forever, they would turn it to eternal suffering for all.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
God wanted people to kill many of Jobs family to test him and win a bet. That's lovely. Especially was it kind to the people who were slain and their dreams stolen.

Don't forget, according to the bible he was the first genocidal maniac and murdered every living thing (that he created) except a close buddy and the buddies immediate family.

He also condoned mass murder, sex slavery and rape.