• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is only one

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
God is only one. God wants us to only worship him because it was God who created us. This i believe.

Do you agree or disagree?
1) I neither agree nor disagree with above. You write "this i believe". I do not criticize other's belief

2) If asked about my view on what you wrote...
* I rather not say "God = ...", as this would define God, and even place God in a box, worse even, I put God in a box. "Who Am I", to put God in a box?

*) I rather not say "God wants ...", I do not know what God wants. I would first need to define God, which I rather don't do. Using the word "only" in this context feels double wrong

*) I rather not say "because it was God who ...", the Wise declared that God is beyond such duality, which makes sense to me

*) I would also say "this I believe":)
@stvdvRF

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't think that is true. Just ask most believers and they will tell you that they derive a lot of benefit from worshiping God. I am an exception because I don't like God very much. I could easily be an atheist if I did not believe that God exists.
This brings up an interesting question:

Is a psychosomatic "benefit" really a benefit?

(Warning: we're heading into "God as a placebo" argument.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As one is only implied by the human thinking it.... one can mean lots of statuses.

One mass
One planet.
One heavens.

One human just one self a human thinking.

One.

Remove one in my mind as a theory. The theist imposing the status.

In reality a human already gets minused one by death.

One anything else would still exist without the human.

Why it was preached.

idea

Question Everything
God is only one. God wants us to only worship him because it was God who created us. This i believe.

I created my children, I am their one and only mother, but I do not want them to worship me, I just want them to be safe and happy.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Men a group not one but lots of one selves agree.

Put the Onus on one man only to tell the truth.

The spiritual human teaching about satanic theists. Science practice machines.

One thinker one man one human one designer one builder one controller machine.

Where is the other one?

Oh you mean a human female life continuance O by ovah!

No God in machine.
No God outside machine life continuance.

Reason he lived owning the ovary O beginning himself as father ours was never the baby man scientist.

My female father conscious teachings about one.

So science never owned one God the teaching his thesis were satanisms the advice.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This brings up an interesting question:

Is a psychosomatic "benefit" really a benefit?

(Warning: we're heading into "God as a placebo" argument.
I do not think a psychosomatic benefit is really a benefit. In other words, if God does not exist any benefit would just be a placebo effect, and I don't see any benefit in worshiping a nonexistent entity just to feel good.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
What facts support your decision and opinion that this particular God exists, and not some other god or gods, if any at all?
If man's god pre exists then he said it was memory recorded of man within the Satan angel. Memories. Recordings kept. Advice of man's pre God destruction.

Reason in modern day science after ice age the new God saviour saved our heavens as a state cooled said man heard old man's scientific thesis pyramid speaking to him.

Man's machine earth metals not sun radiating metals. Suns metals attacks our metals machine mass overheats.

I saw pyramid vision radiation passing through pyramid walls as outside facure cooling of pyramid pressurised by facure by pump of water over it had failed and self combusted life.

Machine metal guaranteed to overheat explode.

Hence he was told by Satan man angel image all life had been destroyed by the Satan imaged angel advice. Science always knew why we titled them Satanists.

Consciousness and destroyer mentality the topic of advice.

Satanists changed their title to scientist.

In reality what father told me to tell you.

Scientist never listens to our holy father man's correct consciousness as father was never a scientist satanist.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Second there have been at least 3600 creator gods worshiped throughout known history. So assuming a creator god does exist then which one? Or maybe they all did a bit.

Can you list this 3,600 Gods and what you know about them and why you would consider all of them as equal?

firedragon

Veteran Member
I think this is what bugs me. People claiming to know what God wants. I'm not saying there is a God or isn't one, just these claims of possessing special knowledge about God. So much for humility.

These claims about God end up making God sound as psycho as the rest of us.

Look at this thread. There are those who claim "there is no God" as if they have physical, empirical evidence to show that "there is no God". Why dont you see that as "so much for humility"? Just out of curiosity.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You are welcome to your belief. I do not believe in existence of any. My people (other Hindus) believe that there are thousands of Gods and Goddesses. Place your evidence and let it not be some heavily edited Third Century book.
Why does he want to be worshiped? What does he get out of it? Why does he have such a bloated ego?
There are those who claim "there is no God" as if they have physical, empirical evidence to show that "there is no God".
It is the absence of credible evidence about existence of God or claims of being prophets / sons / messengers / manifestations / mahdis which makes me deny them. It is something like the elephant in the room. I see none.
Can you list this 3,600 Gods and what you know about them and why you would consider all of them as equal?
Some are listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hindu_deities. Actually, there are too many to count.
No, they are not all equals, they are graded according to their functions. For example, Yama is the God of Death. He does not equal Shiva, Vishnu or Mother Goddes Durga. Dhanavantri is the divine physician, Vishwakarma is the divine architect, Kuber is the divine cashier, and so on.
I do not think a psychosomatic benefit is really a benefit. In other words, if God does not exist any benefit would just be a placebo effect, and I don't see any benefit in worshiping a nonexistent entity just to feel good.
There, there. Now you understand.

Last edited: