• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is only one

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
If there is only one God and that He created us, why do you believe He wants us to worship him? That's rather petty when you think about it. What does a creator deity wants from the worship of humans? It would be akin for me to want to be worshiped by the bacteria that live on my skin because I am quite literally their whole world and are completely dependent on me for their survival.
God created humans in his image. We humans wants. Because of this it is high probability God wants

Starlight

Does it seem logical that an infinitely powerful, all knowing entity, REQUIRES love and attention?
Might there be something else going on?
in my opinion it is high probability that God wants because humans wants. Because humans are created in God's image.

Starlight

If there is only one God and that He created us, why do you believe He wants us to worship him? That's rather petty when you think about it. What does a creator deity wants from the worship of humans? It would be akin for me to want to be worshiped by the bacteria that live on my skin because I am quite literally their whole world and are completely dependent on me for their survival.
God wants to have a relationship with us. God do not need it, but he wants it. God wants us to worship him for his and ours benefit. We Are the creations of God. God wants our love. Just like a mother wants their child to love her. (This is my belief)

God wants us to thank him for the blessings we have in this life. To thank God and love God is worship. Because he is the one who created us. A human mother also wants their children to thank her for gifts, a good meal or clothes she buy to her children.

Why is it important to believe in only one God in my opinion? Because if I give thanks to other gods for blessings in my life then i dissipoint God.
If for example my human mother had buyed a piano to me but i gave thanks to my aunt for the piano then my mom would be dissipointed

And it is best to believe in only one God since
God loves us. He wants a relationship with us. Just like a mother loves her children and wants a relationship with her children.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

God wants to have a relationship with us. God do not need it, but he wants it. God wants us to worship him for his and ours benefit..

If you mean that it's for G-d's benefit in a collective sense
i.e. the whole of mankind, then I could agree.

On an individual level? No.
Our worship of G-d does not affect Him at all, imo.

It is difficult to know exactly what the nature of G-d is. He is infinite.

Starlight

I created my children, I am their one and only mother, but I do not want them to worship me, I just want them to be safe and happy.
God wants to have a relationship with us. God do not need it, but he wants it. God wants us to worship him for his and ours benefit. We Are the creations of God. God wants our love. Just like a mother wants their child to love her. (This is my belief)

God wants us to thank him for the blessings we have in this life. To thank God and love God is worship. Because he is the one who created us. A human mother also wants their children to thank her for gifts, a good meal or clothes she buy to her children.

Why is it important to believe in only one God in my opinion? Because if I give thanks to other gods for blessings in my life then i dissipoint God.
If for example my human mother had buyed a piano to me but i gave thanks to my aunt for the piano then my mom would be dissipointed

God loves us. He wants a relationship with us. Just like a mother loves her children and wants a relationship with her children

Starlight

I've created or helped in the creation of various things, including my children, but I've never wanted them to worship me.

Wanting to be worshiped reminds me of Donald Trump.

God loves us. He wants a relationship with us. Just like a mother loves her children and wants a relationship with her children.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

That's how you see it and that's what works for you, then. It's not my view, but it doesn't have to be.

Go well.

Starlight

I disagree. I'd like to hear any argument for WHY you believe that God exists.

I believe God is a concious spiritual energy\force

I believe this concious spiritual energy\force\God is universal, infinitive, never destroyed or created
God is the motive force of the universe

Theists believe this spiritual energy\force is concious

And atheists believe this energy is not concious

The only difference between a theist and atheist is that.

It doesn't matter if you believe in creationism or evolution for this thought experiment lets go to the source of all things. I am going to call this SOURCE. For theists this SOURCE can be God and for atheists it can be the energy that made up the original big bang it really doesn't matter.

A atheist believe the energy that made the universe is not concious. And theists believe the energy that made the universe is concious.

How did this SOURCE of everything come into existence?

It is 2 possible ways SOURCE came into existence:

1. It has always existed with no beginning and no end.
2. Magically popped into existence from nothingness.

(it was Focusedintent who wrote this, in this tread: Proving logic can't explain existence | Religious

Last edited:

Starlight

What does Abraham have to do with Zoroaster?
judaism, christianity, islam has got many of their teachings from zoroastrianism. Zoroastrianism is according to many the first and oldest monotheistic religion. Zoroastrianism is older than judaism, christianity. Zoroastrianism believe in hell and heaven, one God, prophet of God, beings that is similar to angels

I know many people believe judaism is older than zoroastrianism. Maybe this is true. If it is true then that do not change my view that zoroastrianism is similar to judaism. It is so similar that historians know zoroastrianism and the three Abrahamic religions is influenced by each other

Starlight

Two questions:

How do you define worship?

Have you ever been to a religious proceeding where part of the service was devoted to pointing out to the deity where [he] needed to lift [his] game?
To worship is to love God, follow his rules and thank God for blessings in life

Tiberius

I believe God is a concious spiritual energy\force

I believe this concious spiritual energy\force\God is universal, infinitive, never destroyed or created
God is the motive force of the universe

Theists believe this spiritual energy\force is concious

And atheists believe this energy is not concious

The only difference between a theist and atheist is that.

It doesn't matter if you believe in creationism or evolution for this thought experiment lets go to the source of all things. I am going to call this SOURCE. For theists this SOURCE can be God and for atheists it can be the energy that made up the original big bang it really doesn't matter.

A atheist believe the energy that made the universe is not concious. And theists believe the energy that made the universe is concious.

How did this SOURCE of everything come into existence?

It is 2 possible ways SOURCE came into existence:

1. It has always existed with no beginning and no end.
2. Magically popped into existence from nothingness.

(it was Focusedintent who wrote this, in this tread: Proving logic can't explain existence | Religious

Sounds like just a restatement of the First Cause argument, which has been debunked.

In any case, force and/or energy can be measured. If God is a force or energy, then how do we measure it?

firedragon

Veteran Member
This site covers the problems with the first cause argument.

Problems with the “First Cause” Argument

How was it debunked?

There are many websites with all kinds of things around the world. If you understood their argument, since you claimed "it was debunked", you could explain how it was debunked.

Anyone could search the web for websites. But I think it should be discussed here because you are so sure it was "debunked".

Cheers.

Tiberius

How was it debunked?

There are many websites with all kinds of things around the world. If you understood their argument, since you claimed "it was debunked", you could explain how it was debunked.

Anyone could search the web for websites. But I think it should be discussed here because you are so sure it was "debunked".

Cheers.

The website explains it. If you're too lazy to read it, that's not my problem. Any explanation I provide would be just repeating the same points that they make.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The website explains it. If you're too lazy to read it, that's not my problem. Any explanation I provide would be just repeating the same points that they make.

Its alright. I dont get my knowledge from websites and believe them like they are Gods word.

So you can of course use an ad hominem to feel good. Cheers.