• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is gone

t3gah

Look at the facts. Those of Judaism say they messiah didn't come because Jesus didn't accomplish the things the messiah is supposed to do when he comes. They find the scrolls where? The Dead Sea scrolls are found where?
The scrolls that were found were left behind.

So that leaves the scripture that states there will be a new heavens and a new earth. This is the old earth. God is gone. That's why between the bibles dates and sciences dating systems the two aren't even close.

Jesus is coming back but not here. God left this world to Satan. That's why Satan was cast to Earth. It's the pit. Notice that the demons entered into some pigs instead of being expelled. Why did they want to be in them? Because the earth is the pit and not 'spiritual death' like some folks teach. God got what he wanted and now Satan and his crew have what they were promised. The so-called battle in Revelation is an allegory.

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Seems a little pessimistic dear boy. Perhaps you should read some Chesterton and C.S. Lewis.

Kiwimac

jewscout

Religious Zionist
In the words of my Rabbi.....Oy!

t3gah said:
Look at the facts. Those of Judaism say they messiah didn't come because Jesus didn't accomplish the things the messiah is supposed to do when he comes. They find the scrolls where? The Dead Sea scrolls are found where?
The scrolls that were found were left behind.
Facts? Why is it that some in the christian community get in a tissy when the Jews say Jesus wasn't the Moshiach?? The Jews still await the coming of the Moshiach to usher in the Messiahnic era...it's not like when Jesus died that all hopes of redemption went with him. And the Dead Sea Scrolls? The scrolls are very difficult to understand first off since so many have deteriorated beyond recognition and those that can be read seem to deal with different splinter groups in judaism during the last century BCE.

t3gah said:
So that leaves the scripture that states there will be a new heavens and a new earth. This is the old earth. God is gone. That's why between the bibles dates and sciences dating systems the two aren't even close.

Jesus is coming back but not here. God left this world to Satan. That's why Satan was cast to Earth. It's the pit. Notice that the demons entered into some pigs instead of being expelled. Why did they want to be in them? Because the earth is the pit and not 'spiritual death' like some folks teach. God got what he wanted and now Satan and his crew have what they were promised. The so-called battle in Revelation is an allegory.
So are you of the belief that some how The satan is on equal footing with G-d?? Cause you make it sound like there some sort of rivalry and to say that would be to assume that satan is some sort of match to G-d, which goes against the concept of Monotheism i think...maybe you don't worship The satan but you do seem to be giving him far more credit than he's due...

chris9178

I'm curious where you get this informatin t3gah. I'm not ging to comment on it just yet, because I think you haven't quite explained yourself.

A

angellous_evangellous

I am glad to see that at least one person has got it all figured out. Please expand you view so that we can learn more. I would love to know why we aren't hearing more of this from other folks (Or perhaps we are and I am unaware, in wich case I have shown that I would like to know more).

Would you please tell us where God has gone, how long will he remain there, will we ever see him again? What is the allegory of Revelation, and why on earth would it be valid if Jesus were not God? Your thread has left me very confused.

Thanks

djFiddles

I agree with the few that said that t3gah has gone off on some tangents that are hard to follow at best. It's impossible for us to agree or disagree, at least to the point of being able to articulate our disagreement. I really intend this a means of constructive criticism; I find that in many of your posts/threads, t3gah. Maybe just be a little more specific and explanatory.

(I'd like to know where you get some of your information. For instance, science and the Bible could not find better allies for Christian apologetics. The Bible certainly does indicate and support an old Earth position. Read up a little at these two web-sites www.reasons.org, www.discovery.org, or anything by Hugh Ross or Lee Stroble. There are a lot more people out there, but I'll just include this very short list to get started. If anyone wants more, let me know. Sorry to get off the thread.)

I cannot even begin to understand how or why anybody would come to the conclusion that is either dead or gone out of our lives. Taking information straight from the Bible, God promises to be with us to the very end (Matthew 28:2o). There countless other references that show God has a vested interest in being involved in our lives: God is not willing that any perish (go to Hell) (James 3:9).

If your information is Biblical, please share the specific passages. Likewise, if your info is extra-Biblical, please provide such.

Joannicius

If the realm of the senses encompass all of reality then the modernist or ecumenist or globalist has validity in their nihilism. But I have yet to meet the person that after interigation believes unequivicably the that the senses are complete in their accomplishment.

With very little questioning of our own observations we have to admit that the sensory realm has come short of producing answers to many questions that are only explained by the realm beyond and out of the grasp of our senses of sight, taste, touch, smell etc.

We have all had unexplainable times when we knew something to be “real” in the fact that it exists but that reality and awareness did not come from nor was it supported by the sensory observation.

The historians, philosopher and religious men and women of the world acknowledge the realm beyond and many times refer to it without explanation knowing that what they are referring to is an accepted fact of reality and an absolute.

How many of us have had “intuition” which proved as fact and we accepted as reality but our sensory world could not touch what we have experienced nor does it explain the causes and effects of the same.

We have those today that say that reality has no absolutes. They deny the very facts of the community they are a part of in their statements and the common experiences in every day life that we all know are true. I know that without fail that if I put my hand on a hot piece of iron that it will burn me. Also I’m aware that if I raise my voice at someone in anger that the common response will also be anger. This is absolutely true no matter how much I deny it.

Melody

Cordoba said:
<< Would you please tell us where God has gone, how long will he remain there, will we ever see him again? >>

Jesus peace be upon him is not God.

He is God's prophet, and Muslims believe that Jesus will indeed one day return:

http://www.jesuswillreturn.com/index2.html

All the best.
I've always been puzzled by this view. One sign of a prophet is that he never lies. It seems that Jesus is either the Son of God as He said....or he's a liar and, therefore, cannot be a prophet.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Melody said:
I've always been puzzled by this view. One sign of a prophet is that he never lies. It seems that Jesus is either the Son of God as He said....or he's a liar and, therefore, cannot be a prophet.
Why cannot the son of God be a prophet?:)

robtex

Veteran Member
t3gah said:
God got what he wanted and now Satan and his crew have what they were promised. The so-called battle in Revelation is an allegory.
Alex, what do you think God wanted? What was Satan promised. Why do you find revelations to be an allegory instead of a prophecy? All you guys argueing with him realize that if you both equally accept that their is a God but you are not able to produce one....ie show us a fella with a big gray beard (no not santa !!) this arguement has more validity than an everpresent God theory simply because you cannot produce one.

Melody

michel said:
Why cannot the son of God be a prophet?:)
The Son of God *can* be a prophet....but if you believe that prophet is not the Son of God when He said He is then doesn't that mean you think he's a liar? In which case, he can't be a prophet because that is the true test of a prophet.

Pah

Uber all member
angellous_evangellous said:
I am glad to see that at least one person has got it all figured out. Please expand you view so that we can learn more. I would love to know why we aren't hearing more of this from other folks (Or perhaps we are and I am unaware, in wich case I have shown that I would like to know more).

Would you please tell us where God has gone, how long will he remain there, will we ever see him again? What is the allegory of Revelation, and why on earth would it be valid if Jesus were not God? Your thread has left me very confused.

Thanks
In the sixties, there was an explanation that made the cover of Time Magazine (perhaps Newsweek?) where it was headlined that "God is Dead". Diests are of that opinion that God is not a factor in today's world. Atheists say God never arrived

jewscout

Religious Zionist
robtex said:
Alex, what do you think God wanted? What was Satan promised. Why do you find revelations to be an allegory instead of a prophecy? All you guys argueing with him realize that if you both equally accept that their is a God but you are not able to produce one....ie show us a fella with a big gray beard (no not santa !!) this arguement has more validity than an everpresent God theory simply because you cannot produce one.
Unless of course you follow the 13 Principles of Faith that say that HaShem is incorpreal and therefore has no form.:D

robtex

Veteran Member
jewscout said:
Unless of course you follow the 13 Principles of Faith that say that HaShem is incorpreal and therefore has no form.:D
Carl Sagan's dragon in my garage:

http:www.users.qwest.net/~jcosta3/article_dragon.htm

excepts from :

" A fire breathing dragon lives in my garage. Show me you say. I lead you to my garage you look inside and see a ladder empty paint cans, an old tricycle--but no dragon.

Where is the dragon you ask?

Oh she is right here I reply waving vaguely. I neglected to mention that she is an invisable dragon.

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints.

Good Idea I say but this dragon floats in the air.

Then you'll use infrared sensors to detect the invisable fire.

Good idea but the invisable fire is also heatless.

You'll spray --paint the dragon and make her visable.

Good idea but she an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick....

Carl Sagan goes on with a monologue that is on the link but says right off what is the difference between an invisable incorporeal floating dragon that is heatless and no dragon at all?

If you are unable to sense God with any of your senses have no way to know if you are communicating don't know where he is where heaven is, what he/she/it may be like....JS what kind or relationship are you having with Him?

I mean to me at the most liberal defintion of a relationship (too liberal for me in fact) , at the very least for me to say I am in a relationship with someone (friend gf relative ie not sexual), I have to at least interact with them using one of my 5 senses.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
robtex said:
If you are unable to sense God with any of your senses have no way to know if you are communicating don't know where he is where heaven is, what he/she/it may be like....JS what kind or relationship are you having with Him?

I mean to me at the most liberal defintion of a relationship (too liberal for me in fact) , at the very least for me to say I am in a relationship with someone (friend gf relative ie not sexual), I have to at least interact with them using one of my 5 senses.
I believe i am communicating with a force of the Divine.
Have you ever had a prayer answered just the way you asked, almost verbatum....
I have...and at that point i was doubting whether this whole G-d thing was the real deal
When it was answered it was something that blew me away...

I feel the Shechinah all around me during Shabbat services when i open my heart during the Shemonah Esrei...i have a sense of being refreshed and on a high if you will...i can feel the Shechinah (the "spirit" if you will)

Maybe, and i've discussed this idea in other threads, i'm just having a chemical and psycological reaction to my surrounding in the shul or on Shabbat evening...maybe it's no more than that...the same sort of way i feel pumped after a good rock concert...
then again i'd have to admit that how i feel about Rachel is no more than the equivelant of large quantities of chocolate and a mild insanity...
but then what would love be if i broke it down into it's chemical compounds and left out the romanticism of it?

Melody

robtex said:

If you limit yourself to only the 5 physical senses, then I understand your disbelief/confusion. We have more senses than that...we're just taught not to use them and then to discount them as "quackery".

robtex

Veteran Member
Melody said:
If you limit yourself to only the 5 physical senses, then I understand your disbelief/confusion. We have more senses than that...we're just taught not to use them and then to discount them as "quackery".
could you name those senses and describe them please.