• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is Female

Somebody's mad already.

We know that God is Creator, yes? The One who brings forth life. Woman is the only species who can bring forth life, therefore woman is God. Men cannot bring forth life, so God cannot be male.

Somebody's really mad now.

And it's probably a dude.

Well, historically, it was angry men who flipped the whole creation story and made God male, hence the answer to the popular question, "Did God create man or did man create God?" is "BOTH" because the men who changed history into mystery wanted control. They wanted to control women, children what they were taught, grew to believe and pass on to generations until the people of today think these false teachings are fact.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Woman is the only species who can bring forth life, therefore woman is God. Men cannot bring forth life, so God cannot be male.

I'm so sorry that you had terrible biological science teachers during your education. Not only did they fail to impart to you what a "species" is, they didn't explain reproduction to you, or that such things as sex only apply to biological organisms.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Somebody's mad already.

We know that God is Creator, yes? The One who brings forth life. Woman is the only species who can bring forth life, therefore woman is God. Men cannot bring forth life, so God cannot be male.

Somebody's really mad now.

And it's probably a dude.

Well, historically, it was angry men who flipped the whole creation story and made God male, hence the answer to the popular question, "Did God create man or did man create God?" is "BOTH" because the men who changed history into mystery wanted control. They wanted to control women, children what they were taught, grew to believe and pass on to generations until the people of today think these false teachings are facgt.

I can see where you're coming from. In Africa, many religions see life and creation coming from a female not a male. So, if I can remember and safely say, the African religion Lukumi that I spoke to a santera about says that Olofin (creator) is seen as a woman. However, because of the mix of Christianity, many view her as male. I think now she is genderless.

Also, since women can only have rather than create babies, I'd agree with some of what you said.

The second part, I get where you're going but your points but I'd crystalize it and say that god-religion (which I assume you're looking at Abrahamic) has a degree of control and fear rather than freedom to understand and grow spiritually with the support of various people of different faiths and worldviews. It could be a Roman thing, I don't know; but, it's all in American politics.

I don't believe that will ever change. I don't see god being an excuse to get out of the power and influence the American government has on our society. I don't know about other countries, though. It also depends on where you are from. That I'd take into consideration especially when it comes to concepts of god. Not everyone sees god the way the rest of us do.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Well, historically, it was angry men who flipped the whole creation story and made God male, hence the answer to the popular question, "Did God create man or did man create God?" is "BOTH" because the men who changed history into mystery wanted control. They wanted to control women, children what they were taught, grew to believe and pass on to generations until the people of today think these false teachings are facgt.
You have any tangible proof of this...?

roger1440

I do stuff
Can you quote your historic sources?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Would you rather refer to God as an "it"

Some of us would, yes. And some of us do. Of course, I'm not sure which god you are talking about here, but unless it has biological reproductive anatomy and such, it makes no sense to me to call such a creature a "he" or a "she." I don't call tree spirits "he" or "she" unless it's dioecious, and most plants are monoecious - that is, they are biologically male and female. Most life on this planet reproduces asexually, and most of the universe is non-sexual. Why humans insist in slapping sex and/or gender onto everything is rather baffling, given that. Probably symptomatic of human anthropocentrism.

NadiaMoon

Some of us would, yes. And some of us do. Of course, I'm not sure which god you are talking about here, but unless it has biological reproductive anatomy and such, it makes no sense to me to call such a creature a "he" or a "she." I don't call tree spirits "he" or "she" unless it's dioecious, and most plants are monoecious - that is, they are biologically male and female. Most life on this planet reproduces asexually, and most of the universe is non-sexual. Why humans insist in slapping sex and/or gender onto everything is rather baffling, given that. Probably symptomatic of human anthropocentrism.
Hm, to each their own I suppose. Some people, like me like to give God/creator gender (Mother, father , him , her) etc to feel closer to him/her/it. I also agree on the asexual thing, as God did create the world asexually

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hm, to each their own I suppose. Some people, like me like to give God/creator gender (Mother, father , him , her) etc to feel closer to him/her/it. I also agree on the asexual thing, as God did create the world asexually

Well, I don't feel "close" to the ideas of sex and gender, so there you go. Those kinds of projections would (and do) turn me off from certain theologies. I get that a bunch of humans are fixated with the sex/gender thing. :D

Skwim

Veteran Member
Would you rather refer to God as an "it"
To not be an "it," to be either male or female, would mean god either had a penis or a vagina and breasts. Do you see any necessity in having any of these organs? It so, what would it be?

THE CHRISTIAN GOD IS

Image.jpg
CIkTdRzkmQXiDIKB80N6FiMfNTzzsM0SjqSz6w26nH8RtCHt6RNzeY6dYwwnLToRMq80DhNC3u61aNzzguqWF35YyEuxt_PrRTgBiQ=w426-h237
15%2B-%2B1

....................................................A.................................................................................................................B...................................................................................................C

BECAUSE _________________________________________________________________________________.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For one, it takes both female and male gametes for reproduction, even though the zygote and fetal development occur within the female, and second, why would a being worthy of being called a god be restricted to concepts of sexual reproduction when creating the universe and life?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
For one, it takes both female and male gametes for reproduction, even though the zygote and fetal development occur within the female, and second, why would a being worthy of being called a god be restricted to concepts of sexual reproduction when creating the universe and life?
Well, clearly, if we are created in the deity's image, then the deity must be mammalian, humanoid and gendered, just like we are...