• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Is A Woman

Bloomdido

I don't care about the Mainstream religion. Out all. Beside this thread wasn't about any concept of the Mainstream religions, that's way it was posted in the Goddess Worship part of the Pagan DIR. But with all this "Men are evil, Hateful, and trying it destroy the female divine" from you it got moved. So why post that in the first place when it has nothing to do if the OP. Since the OP was posted in the Pagan DIR I posted Pagan religions.

Ok. I'll go away and sulk in a corner.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Ok. I'll go away and sulk in a corner.
I never said to go away and for you to go sulk in the corner. Why do you feel the need to play the Martyr? You place the blame on Male, I think that is a sign that you are hating on the male side of thing. You take what has been a cultural thing and make it seem like it all was been like that or that all men are like that. You should really learn something about what it mean to be male. Hate, violence, war, bloodshed, and destruction are not thing that are placed just as a male aspect(if it was then the Goddess Sekhmet would not be seen as the Power goddess of War...and all that).
Edit: I give you one of her name and you can see that such aspects are shard between both Male and Female...
Lady of the Bloodbath

Humanistheart

I feel a much closer connection to the divine feminine than I ever did to the divine masculine, my patriarchal Mormon upbringing notwithstanding. I guess either it just didn’t take, or it just wasn’t true. Or both, probably. I feel an intimacy and closeness with the overwhelmingly feminine divinity of Aphrodite that I have never felt with a masculine god. Not even Dionysus, whose reality I do not doubt, and who has made his presence known in my life unambiguously, has so powerful a hld on my spirit. But Aphrodite, whose divinity in many ways merges into a general, all-encompassing feminine divine presence that is firmly rooted in the human universe, has a power over me that in it’s own way is more intoxicating than Dionysus’s ever has been. Aphrodite is soft and visceral, erotic and frightening, gentle and savage, warm and comforting: she is truly both the beginning and the end, both the womb and the grave.

When I touch my wife, I touch this river of female divinity in a way that is at once overwhelmingly universal and beautifully particular. She is not somehow channeling Aphrodite, because in a very real way she IS Aphrodite, although she is at the same time thoroughly, passionately, and intensely herself.

Although I think for practical purposes, the gods and goddesses are individuals that can be approached and entreated individually, I also think you do not have to go very far into their divinity before their individuality gives way to universal principles and an ultimate divine unity. The gods and goddesses are closer to the ultimate unity of all things than we mortals are, and that is precisely what gives them so much power and makes them at once so intoxicating and terrifying.

And that is the powerful divine experience that I feel: behind and within my beautiful wife is a beautiful goddess; behind and within that beautiful goddess is a beautiful universal divine female principle that flows through birth, sex, and death; and behind and within that beautiful divine feminine is the intensely beautiful and ultimate unity of all things, the divine center.

I am glad to be a pagan, because it means I am free to experience the incredible intensity and ecstasy of this powerful divine feminine fully, unreservedly, and without excuse, shame, or qualification. I am proud and unashamed of my spirituality, because I know that I am living a life that is authentic and full. To me, this kind of reckless and dangerous spirituality is an essintial part of what it means to really be alive.

You might enjoy the book "When god was a woman" then... I forget the author but I'm sure you could find a copy easily enough.