• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Is A Woman

Kullervo

I feel a much closer connection to the divine feminine than I ever did to the divine masculine, my patriarchal Mormon upbringing notwithstanding. I guess either it just didn’t take, or it just wasn’t true. Or both, probably. I feel an intimacy and closeness with the overwhelmingly feminine divinity of Aphrodite that I have never felt with a masculine god. Not even Dionysus, whose reality I do not doubt, and who has made his presence known in my life unambiguously, has so powerful a hld on my spirit. But Aphrodite, whose divinity in many ways merges into a general, all-encompassing feminine divine presence that is firmly rooted in the human universe, has a power over me that in it’s own way is more intoxicating than Dionysus’s ever has been. Aphrodite is soft and visceral, erotic and frightening, gentle and savage, warm and comforting: she is truly both the beginning and the end, both the womb and the grave.

When I touch my wife, I touch this river of female divinity in a way that is at once overwhelmingly universal and beautifully particular. She is not somehow channeling Aphrodite, because in a very real way she IS Aphrodite, although she is at the same time thoroughly, passionately, and intensely herself.

Although I think for practical purposes, the gods and goddesses are individuals that can be approached and entreated individually, I also think you do not have to go very far into their divinity before their individuality gives way to universal principles and an ultimate divine unity. The gods and goddesses are closer to the ultimate unity of all things than we mortals are, and that is precisely what gives them so much power and makes them at once so intoxicating and terrifying.

And that is the powerful divine experience that I feel: behind and within my beautiful wife is a beautiful goddess; behind and within that beautiful goddess is a beautiful universal divine female principle that flows through birth, sex, and death; and behind and within that beautiful divine feminine is the intensely beautiful and ultimate unity of all things, the divine center.

I am glad to be a pagan, because it means I am free to experience the incredible intensity and ecstasy of this powerful divine feminine fully, unreservedly, and without excuse, shame, or qualification. I am proud and unashamed of my spirituality, because I know that I am living a life that is authentic and full. To me, this kind of reckless and dangerous spirituality is an essintial part of what it means to really be alive.

Bloomdido

The world would be a better place if men were not allowed into positions of power. The whole religion thing supressed women for centuries and still does.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
The world would be a better place if men were not allowed into positions of power. The whole religion thing suppressed women for centuries and still does.
What ignorant generalization. There are many religions that praise Women and worship the female aspect of life and the Divine. And does nothing to suppress but raise it up.
Hence why the OP was posted in the Goddess Worship part of the Pagan DIR.
So don't go of on this man is evil and destructive. Sound like you think low of yourself as a man.

Bloomdido

What ignorant generalization. There are many religions that praise Women and worship the female aspect of life and the Divine. And does nothing to suppress but raise it up.
Hence why the OP was posted in the Goddess Worship part of the Pagan DIR.
So don't go of on this man is evil and destructive. Sound like you think low of yourself as a man.

I admire women (except Margaret Thatcher). Men tend to mess things up. The world is not a pretty place and that is down to men. Show me a religion where women are equal to men.

Last edited:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I admire women (except Margaret Thatcher). Men tend to mess things up. The world is not a pretty place and that is down to men. Show me a religion where women are equal to men.
I think the fact that you are posting in a Pagan DIR show you that Women within Pagan religions are equal to if not at times greater then Men.
Shinto
Asatru
the Egyptian religion(Ancient and Modern version)
Wicca
Many Ancient religions praise the Female divine as being equal or greater then the Male Divine. You would know that if you take the time to understand a religion before you go posting in there DIR.
Oh and just because you see your fellow Males are evil and destructive doesn't mean we are or that that's the way the world is because of us. Really it shows a great ignorance of man and a self hate that's sicking.
Edit:Okay what, wasn't this in the DIR, or is my post wrong....damn it being moved.

S-word

God is a woman.
Yea, I know. Me mate owns a prawn trawler, and when I ran into him in the pub the other day after he had returned from a three month stint up in the northen waters of Queensland around Thursday Island, he said to me, "Matey, I met God up there in the islands." Fair dinkum was my response, to which he replied "Yep old mate, and she was big, black and beautiful."

logician

" God Is A Woman "

This brings up the idea that a supposed god by definition is sexless, i.e. has no gender, because it does not reproduce. The ideas of "god the father" etc. are merely bestowing traits of man on a supposed god.

Lisa S

If gods a woman, then she's one of those that hate other women.

Woman have been oppressed for 99% of history. Even today we still make less money than men for the same job. Also, cramps.

So no, god is not a woman. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:

rageoftyrael

Veritas
I'm not sexist, i just find this entire discussion to be redundant. And then with that guy bashing on men, wow, it's like a black man being racist towards black men. It doesn't make sense. And also, let's be serious, do women really go for guys who are like "men are horrible, women are great". I think most women can tell the guy is full of it and just kissing up.

Bloomdido

I think the fact that you are posting in a Pagan DIR show you that Women within Pagan religions are equal to if not at times greater then Men.
Shinto
Asatru
the Egyptian religion(Ancient and Modern version)
Wicca
Many Ancient religions praise the Female divine as being equal or greater then the Male Divine. You would know that if you take the time to understand a religion before you go posting in there DIR.
Oh and just because you see your fellow Males are evil and destructive doesn't mean we are or that that's the way the world is because of us. Really it shows a great ignorance of man and a self hate that's sicking.
Edit:Okay what, wasn't this in the DIR, or is my post wrong....damn it being moved.

I hate myself? I have feminine traits and admire their ability to nurture. You name some (pagan) religions but the majority of mainstream religions are designed to take the power (of rebirth) away from women.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I hate myself? I have feminine traits and admire their ability to nurture. You name some (pagan) religions but the majority of mainstream religions are designed to take the power (of rebirth) away from women.
I don't care about the Mainstream religion. Out all. Beside this thread wasn't about any concept of the Mainstream religions, that's way it was posted in the Goddess Worship part of the Pagan DIR. But with all this "Men are evil, Hateful, and trying it destroy the female divine" from you it got moved. So why post that in the first place when it has nothing to do if the OP. Since the OP was posted in the Pagan DIR I posted Pagan religions.