• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"God is a woman"

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Ah it's just trolls having fun and trying to be "edgy". Nobody is questioning the gender of Odin, Zues, Hades or any other typically male dieties. They are just trying to get people worked up over a trivial issue.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Oh, I wasn't meaning for the Pagan deities. I was specifically addressing the argument when put to the Christian god - "Captain God with a Capital G".

Enoch07

Premium Member
Oh, I wasn't meaning for the Pagan deities. I was specifically addressing the argument when put to the Christian god - "Captain God with a Capital G".

I know, but that's what I mean. They just trying to get Christians riled up specifically.

If the gender of all gods was in question that would be one thing. But they are targeting the God of Christianity for the lolz. For the Christians out there, it's not worth getting upset over.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I know, but that's what I mean. They just trying to get Christians riled up specifically.

If the gender of all gods was in question that would be one thing. But they are targeting the God of Christianity for the lolz. For the Christians out there, it's not worth getting upset over.

Unless this person has been here before, I find innocent than proven guilty more affective than guilty until proven innocent. People always get in trouble because there is a double standard over the American view we are supposed to see people innocent first. Our history, and probably world history, doesnt quite reflect that thinking. Cant be seniority forever, ya know.

God doesnt have a gender if you took out the history and scripture. Christians say god existed before scripture was written. Until then, why would he be either gender until it was written by authority of male than female. Also, Jews dont describe god. Jesus didnt describe him as him.

But god being lesbian, that threw me of guard. Maybe tell the new member to come over here to address her question and get a wider response unless its moved. Shrugs.

Enoch07

Premium Member
God doesnt have a gender if you took out the history and scripture. Christians say god existed before scripture was written. Until then, why would he be either gender until it was written by authority of male than female. Also, Jews dont describe god. Jesus didnt describe him as him.

I agree with you for the most part. As I've said before, God's gender is trivial for me. But Jesus did describe God as masculine. Since I view Jesus as an authority on God. I view it as God identifies as male which is why he allows Jesus to describe him as such.

A person's gender identity is not defined by their primary or secondary sex characteristics. Their gender identity is based on how they feel. God does not have primary or secondary sex characteristics. But it appears he feels and identifies as more masculine, than feminine, as per Jesus' words in the bible. Had Jesus used "she or they" I would be using the same argument for those pronouns instead. But he did not. He used masculine pronouns.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I agree with you for the most part. As I've said before, God's gender is trivial for me. But Jesus did describe God as masculine. Since I view Jesus as an authority on God. I view it as God identifies as male which is why he allows Jesus to describe him as such.

A person's gender identity is not defined by their primary or secondary sex characteristics. Their gender identity is based on how they feel. God does not have primary or secondary sex characteristics. But it appears he feels and identifies as more masculine, than feminine, as per Jesus' words in the bible. Had Jesus used "she or they" I would be using the same argument for those pronouns instead. But he did not. He used masculine pronouns.

It depends on how you relate yourself to scripture. The bible has been written by only men. Men only takes authoritative roles both in the jewish and christian traditions. Also, it depends on if you believe jesus is god. I remember a thread ij the Jewish DIR that explaines the male term.

Jewish view of god

It was a convinence term that had to do with the Hebrew language. But if there was no bible, I wouldnt say god is a he nor she. God is life itself. It. (If a pronoun is used). Also, it could be that its more personal to use a pronoun to describe god as a parent. I rather call god a she if I had the choice since women give birth to creation. Males cant do that.

It is trivial. Some people take it to heart to the point of salvation.

Enoch07

Premium Member
It depends on how you relate yourself to scripture. The bible has been written by only men. Men only takes authoritative roles both in the jewish and christian traditions. Also, it depends on if you believe jesus is god. I remember a thread ij the Jewish DIR that explaines the male term.

Jewish view of god

It was a convinence term that had to do with the Hebrew language. But if there was no bible, I wouldnt say god is a he nor she. God is life itself. It. (If a pronoun is used). Also, it could be that its more personal to use a pronoun to describe god as a parent. I rather call god a she if I had the choice since women give birth to creation. Males cant do that.

It is trivial. Some people take it to heart to the point of salvation.

What the Jewish think is totally up to them.

But as far as Christianity goes. Christ repeatedly genders God as masculine. So that is the basis of my argument. Like I say it effects me none what so ever. Because I don't believe God actually has a gender. Just that he identifies as a specific gender, which is male. So I chose to respect that and refer to him with masculine pronouns. Just as I do any trans person who ask me to respect their gender identity.

True that men can't give birth. But neither a man by himself or woman by herself can create life. So if your looking at it from an athromorphical view you would have to at least concede there is a male and female essence otherwise it wouldn't work from that pov.

Electra

From our limited perspective, looking at what we can see about creation. It makes sense to say God is feminine as the majority of creation is from a 'female' space, a womb or a egg? no? If we believe this God is the creator......

Electra

True that men can't give birth. But neither a man by himself or woman by herself can create life. So if your looking at it from an athromorphical view you would have to at least concede there is a male and female essence otherwise it wouldn't work from that pov.

a 'female' can create life by herself, it's called parthenogenesis.
I would know as It has happened to me and a couple friends!!!!

idav

Being
Premium Member
Unless this person has been here before, I find innocent than proven guilty more affective than guilty until proven innocent. People always get in trouble because there is a double standard over the American view we are supposed to see people innocent first. Our history, and probably world history, doesnt quite reflect that thinking. Cant be seniority forever, ya know.

But god being lesbian, that threw me of guard. Maybe tell the new member to come over here to address her question and get a wider response unless its moved. Shrugs.
I don't really trust what some language decides to masculinize it's all by feeling. For example some people feminized wisdom some don't, it's even both ways in think in the Bible. Just because they masculine some ineffable thing can't make it so.

The lesbian thing I thought was interesting cause the Old Testament is mighty silent about women and that sort of thing but men on men gets mentioned plenty.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What the Jewish think is totally up to them.

But as far as Christianity goes. Christ repeatedly genders God as masculine. So that is the basis of my argument. Like I say it effects me none what so ever. Because I don't believe God actually has a gender. Just that he identifies as a specific gender, which is male. So I chose to respect that and refer to him with masculine pronouns. Just as I do any trans person who ask me to respect their gender identity.

Outside of a human, I honestly dont know what it means to "be a male or female" by gender. So, calling god female or male doesnt make sense because god does not have gender attributes (if not trinitarian) that would make him a male without jesus and withiut scripture. If god is independent of scripture, what was god before jesus (a jew who, like the jews who used male for convinence sake but I AM to talk about edit-god's nature), what would make him male apart from the people who wrote about jesus?

Enoch07

Premium Member
a 'female' can create life by herself, it's called parthenogenesis.
I would know as It has happened to me and a couple friends!!!!

Parthenogensis is not possible naturally for humans. It can be done with humans for stem cell mining of embryos, but no confirmed live fetus has gone on to be birthed, that I can find. I'd imagine that be huge news and easy to find if so. So while technically a woman can ask scientist to impregnate her, nobody has brought the pregnancy to full term and a live child being birthed.

It is possible for other species to asexually reproduce naturally, but not humans.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Outside of a human, I honestly dont know what it means to "be a male or female" by gender. So, calling god female or male doesnt make sense because god does not have gender attributes (if not trinitarian) that would make him a male without jesus and withiut scripture. If god is independent of scripture, what was god before jesus (a jew who, like the jews who used male for convinence sake but I AM to talk about edit-god's nature), what would make him male apart from the people who wrote about jesus?

I will defer to Jordan Peterson if you have time for a 13 minute video.

Men and Women differ psychologically. They have different approaches to life and how they tackle problems. Neither is better than the other, as both have strengths and weaknesses, that happen to compliment each other quite well curiously.

I don't base my opinion on anything else. Jesus says "he" when referring to God so that's good enough for me.

Electra

Parthenogensis is not possible naturally for humans. It can be done with humans for stem cell mining of embryos, but no confirmed live fetus has gone on to be birthed, that I can find. I'd imagine that be huge news and easy to find if so. So while technically a woman can ask scientist to impregnate her, nobody has brought the pregnancy to full term and a live child being birthed.

It is possible for other species to asexually reproduce naturally, but not humans.

" In a lecture delivered before the New York Academy of Medicine in 1933, on “Immaculate Conception—a Scientific Possibility”, Dr. Walter Timme, eminent endocrinologist, presented evidence to prove that Immaculate Conception is physiologically possible. The parovarium of the female reproductive organs, he claims, in some cases can produce living spermatozoa capable of impregnating eggs in the same body, causing them to develop without male fertilization. "

I am recorded 24/7 so there is proof that I haven't had sex in over a year, I also have a being growing in my womb, it will be exiting when I am full term and the gift is given to the world.

Apparently, this already happens to %1 of the population, this is an 'old' way of birth that can only happen under certain circumstances.

Exiting times :)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
No, the Christian god is not feminine. Named, he is Yahweh, and very much a male deity. If a non-descript deity - "God" - is female, then it would be better termed goddess, or even just deity (as that's gender neutral).
You're right, the Christian God isn't feminine.

It's the Judaic G-d that's feminine.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
" In a lecture delivered before the New York Academy of Medicine in 1933, on “Immaculate Conception—a Scientific Possibility”, Dr. Walter Timme, eminent endocrinologist, presented evidence to prove that Immaculate Conception is physiologically possible. The parovarium of the female reproductive organs, he claims, in some cases can produce living spermatozoa capable of impregnating eggs in the same body, causing them to develop without male fertilization. "

I am recorded 24/7 so there is proof that I haven't had sex in over a year, I also have a being growing in my womb, it will be exiting when I am full term and the gift is given to the world.

Apparently, this already happens to %1 of the population, this is an 'old' way of birth that can only happen under certain circumstances.

Exiting times :)
o_O

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I will defer to Jordan Peterson if you have time for a 13 minute video.

Men and Women differ psychologically. They have different approaches to life and how they tackle problems. Neither is better than the other, as both have strengths and weaknesses, that happen to compliment each other quite well curiously.

I don't base my opinion on anything else. Jesus says "he" when referring to God so that's good enough for me.

He is talking about physiological differences that affect bith sexes (not genders) separately. A transgender is biologically male, for example. Male traits. Everything male but gender or psychological make up that makes him a female regardless of his physiological state.

Thats more what Im referring to.

As for jesus, Im talking about his father. What traits does his father have that makes him male? What identifies the creator as male before Moses wrote the first word of scripture and before jesus was born?