• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is a liar?

riley2112

Being that you believe in the Bible and also believe that Lucifer is a fallen angel, then John 8:44 show it is not talking about Lucifer but evil it self. John 8:44 says that Ye are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, being that the evil that is being talked about was called a murderer shows that they were not talking about Lucifer. If the Devil is a murderer then he isn’t immortal, for in commentary on this verse John later explained [as if there had already arisen misunderstandings in the time between John’s Gospel and epistles]: “No murderer hath eternal life abiding in him” (1 Jn. 3:15). Angels are immortal (Lk. 20:36), so therefore this “murderer” wasn’t a ‘fallen Angel’.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
There is no good without evil. he is the same coin just with different heads.

How does can you make decisions, when you're warring with yourself? That's saying, "I'll do this and do the opposite all at once." Cancels itself out, and nothing happens.

riley2112

How does can you make decisions, when you're warring with yourself? That's saying, "I'll do this and do the opposite all at once." Cancels itself out, and nothing happens.
we were created in His image. Don't we do that, " I'll do this and do the opposite all at once." I know I should stop smoking as I light up a cigarette. I know I should exercise as I set down at the computer.
However I do not think that God and Lucifer are one in the same. But I understand his point.

i mean, look at the new testament, one, he's good, looked upon as a loving god. you look at the other, and hes mean, hes hateful, hes resentful. To me, that is "god" and "lucifer" as one in the same. How can god be so good yet a malevolent god in the next? all stories have some kind of truth to them, so if it is truth or not, he/she still changed somehow.

Sleeppy

Being that you believe in the Bible and also believe that Lucifer is a fallen angel, then John 8:44 show it is not talking about Lucifer but evil it self. John 8:44 says that Ye are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, being that the evil that is being talked about was called a murderer shows that they were not talking about Lucifer. If the Devil is a murderer then he isn’t immortal, for in commentary on this verse John later explained [as if there had already arisen misunderstandings in the time between John’s Gospel and epistles]: “No murderer hath eternal life abiding in him” (1 Jn. 3:15). Angels are immortal (Lk. 20:36), so therefore this “murderer” wasn’t a ‘fallen Angel’.

It also says Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire, which is the second death. So that theory doesn't fit.

we were created in His image. Don't we do that, " I'll do this and do the opposite all at once." I know I should stop smoking as I light up a cigarette. I know I should exercise as I set down at the computer.
However I do not think that God and Lucifer are one in the same. But I understand his point.

No. That's not the same. You have two thoughts, one obviously overrules the other. You only acted on one thought. It's impossibility to do both in the same instance, because they cancel each other. You'd have to be flipping the coin, which would make the flipper more of a god.

riley2112

It also says Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire, which is the second death. So that theory doesn't fit.

It says he is immortal. Which means endless life or existence. It does not say he can not be killed , God created him , God can destroy him. So it does fit.

Sleeppy

It says he is immortal. Which means endless life or existence. It does not say he can not be killed , God created him , God can destroy him. So it does fit.

If he's going to be destroyed in the second death, then his immortality is taken away. Which makes the quote saying he has no eternal life in him (any longer), true.