• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is a liar?

riley2112

Lucifer makes his appearance in the fourteenth chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, at the twelfth verse, and nowhere else: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! And Satan is first mentioned by "name" in Job 1:6 -7. So again I question the fact that it was with out a doubt Satan that tempted Eve.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
If Satan was their savior, he would've saved them from death, either way. If you keep quoting the Bible, you'll see.

You have to use something else, because the Bible doesn't say anything like you're suggesting. So we can't use the Biblical Satan.

What other Satan do you have? Determine him, then we might be able to answer questions about him.

How about the satanic bible? Can't find anything else at the moment

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it [not] love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible...!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal...!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins...!
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had...!

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Where does it say that it was satan that tempted Adam and Eve, and where does it say anything about them dieing in the hands of satan?

John 8:44 'Ye are of a father -- the devil, and the desires of your father ye will to do; he was a man-slayer from the beginning, and in the truth he hath not stood, because there is no truth in him; when one may speak the falsehood, of his own he speaketh, because he is a liar -- also his father.'

They died by the desires of the devil - the man-slayer.

riley2112

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it [not] love wasted on ingrates!
Who is said to have written the satanic bible?

riley2112

John 8:44 'Ye are of a father -- the devil, and the desires of your father ye will to do; he was a man-slayer from the beginning, and in the truth he hath not stood, because there is no truth in him; when one may speak the falsehood, of his own he speaketh, because he is a liar -- also his father.'

They died by the desires of the devil - the man-slayer.
There is no specific reference here to the serpent in Eden.

Sleeppy

1. Indulgence in what? Cocaine?
3. See 4.
4. People can be won over by kindness. How can you determine who is going to be grateful?
5. See 4.
6. Ability for greater responsibility is built by adding responsibility.
7. This justifies murder and cannibalism.
8. Kill, lie, steal, etc.
9. Guess that's a lie. Must be reiterating 8.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
1. glad I induldge in things such as oxygen and water... or I'd be dead!
(just sayin')

riley2112

1. Indulgence in what? Cocaine?
3. See 4.
4. People can be won over by kindness. How can you determine who is going to be grateful?
5. See 4.
6. Ability for greater responsibility is built by adding responsibility.
7. This justifies murder and cannibalism.
8. Kill, lie, steal, etc.
9. Guess that's a lie. Must be reiterating 8.
Do you see Satan as a fallen angel?

riley2112

What does it matter if he was or wasn't?
If he was not even there then He is not the one that tempted Eve, He would not be responible for man being pushed out of Eden. So at least the first time he was blamed for lieing to us, it may not have been him. And if it was not Satan, then who would that leave?

Sleeppy

If he was not even there then He is not the one that tempted Eve, He would not be responible for man being pushed out of Eden. So at least the first time he was blamed for lieing to us, it may not have been him. And if it was not Satan, then who would that leave?

It was Satan.

But, if you want to say it was someone else, so be it. You can have whatever thought you like.

riley2112

It was Satan.

But, if you want to say it was someone else, so be it. You can have whatever thought you like.
I am trying to see it with an open mind and Taking the Bible for what it says. Do you believe the Bible? Just wanting to understand where your thoughts are.

Sleeppy

I am trying to see it with an open mind and Taking the Bible for what it says. Do you believe the Bible? Just wanting to understand where your thoughts are.

I don't even know if this is the thread for this discussion but..

Yes. I believe the Bible.

Ok. What are your theories?

riley2112

I don't even know if this is the thread for this discussion but..

Yes. I believe the Bible.

Ok. What are your theories?
First I too believe in the story of the bible and I do believe in God. As for this being the thread for discussing this , I do not see how we can discuss the point of God isn't deceiving us and that actually Satan is the one we should be following, without first finding out where the information is coming from and also if it is just more that hear say

Sleeppy

First I too believe in the story of the bible and I do believe in God. As for this being the thread for discussing this , I do not see how we can discuss the point of God isn't deceiving us and that actually Satan is the one we should be following, without first finding out where the information is coming from and also if it is just more that hear say

True.