• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is a Duality not a Trinity

ronandcarol

Premium Member
I propose God to be a duality. In heaven, the two eternal Gods are in a sphere surrounded by twelve angels. They have never and will never be separated, they are equal in power, glory, and holiness. Before the two Gods created angels, they were companions. The two Gods came into the world as Jesus; there is no son of God. Instead of accepting two Gods, followers of Jesus interpreted them as father and son. As evidence, there are no references to the son of God in prior gospels, the ones preceding the four NT gospels. Son of God and crucifixion stories were added 30 to 40 years later by Jesus movement people. The Trinity is illogical.You cannot propose the Trinity to be eternal when the son of God had a beginning. As for the Holy Spirit, it is found with the two Gods and Angels in heaven, not in our material world.
The Jesus movement people were in fact eye witnesses. The opening verses in the Gospel of John say that they seen Him, touched Him, and are a living witness to verify that Jesus was/is the Son of God. And in another verse Jesus explains himself, that no one has seen the Father, but in fact when you see Jesus, you have seen the Father. And if you truly repent of your sins you will become a child of God and the Holy Spirit will live within you to help you live a Christian life.
The Trinity is not really mentioned in the Bible as the Trinity, but it is referenced many times.
ronandcarol

Repox

Truth Seeker
The Jesus movement people were in fact eye witnesses. The opening verses in the Gospel of John say that they seen Him, touched Him, and are a living witness to verify that Jesus was/is the Son of God. And in another verse Jesus explains himself, that no one has seen the Father, but in fact when you see Jesus, you have seen the Father. And if you truly repent of your sins you will become a child of God and the Holy Spirit will live within you to help you live a Christian life.
The Trinity is not really mentioned in the Bible as the Trinity, but it is referenced many times.
ronandcarol

Your point about the Trinity not in the Bible is correct. As for referencing, mostly, those are figurative references. In any large book, you have amble material for figurative references, anyone can do it. Literal references are the ones that have scholarly validity. As for John and all the other gospels, we don't have confirmation. We find Jesus sayings in prior gospels, but we find absolutely no references or historical documentation for those stories. Based on the fact that most people lie, some more than others, and, for the historical time, there was a flurry of fantasy writing, one cannot place much confidence in the truthfulness of NT gospels.

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
How do you know that Yahweh is telling you the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
That is a good question. I think one would need to carefully examine the Bible, and the evidence for Jehovah's authorship and honesty.
Some evidence of the Bible’s inspiration is: the internal harmony, scientific accuracy, fulfilled prophecies, unusual candor, power to transform lives, historical soundness, and satisfying answers to questions available nowhere but the Bible. Such an honest examination takes time and effort, but I believe the results are worth it, for the Bible states: "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3)

Electus de Lumine

Magician of Light
That is a good question. I think one would need to carefully examine the Bible, and the evidence for Jehovah's authorship and honesty.
Some evidence of the Bible’s inspiration is: the internal harmony, scientific accuracy, fulfilled prophecies, unusual candor, power to transform lives, historical soundness, and satisfying answers to questions available nowhere but the Bible. Such an honest examination takes time and effort, but I believe the results are worth it, for the Bible states: "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3)

It is internally inconsistent, it is scientifically inaccurate, many of it's prophecies are unfulfilled and even the ones that are is just things that Yahweh predicted himself doing, you cannot use the claim that it is honest as a support for how it is honest, My Little Pony has transformed people's lives, it has some historical inconsistencies, and these questions are answered in almost every other religion.

lostwanderingsoul

The idea of a "trinity" is supposed to refer to three separate "persons" that together make up "God". Father, Son, and Holy Spirit> But the "Holy Spirit" is the spirit of the Father and not a separate "person".

Repox

Truth Seeker
The idea of a "trinity" is supposed to refer to three separate "persons" that together make up "God". Father, Son, and Holy Spirit> But the "Holy Spirit" is the spirit of the Father and not a separate "person".
I don't think the Holy Spirit is separate from God. It seems there a lot of believers who claim authority from the HS. I think it is all very phone. The HS is part of God. That leaves father and son. Well, if you analyze is from the point of view of eternity, it isn't logical. If God is eternal, why would he have a son? Would the son of God be like angels? They were also created by God. What existed before the son of God and angels? The answer is God is a duality and there is no son of God. I think I just messed up a lot of religions.

Repox

Truth Seeker
I think a lot of religions messed up themselves. God is a spirit and because he is God, he is holy. So he is the Holy Spirit.
I think a lot of religions messed up themselves. God is a spirit and because he is God, he is holy. So he is the Holy Spirit.
If we make corrections, we may get it correct. Assume God is a duality, there is no son of God, and the Holy Spirit comes from the two Gods. Then, we could say, Two Gods and the Holy Spirit. It would still be a Trinity, but with a different meaning.

lostwanderingsoul

If you hire a plumber and that plumber has certain skills and abilities that allow him to do the job, would you say you hired two "persons"? The plumber is a person but his skill and ability are not a separate person. If there is a God and that God has certain powers and abilities, there is not two "persons". God's spirit is His power and abilities. This spirit is not a separate "person".

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I think there is something in all this, we are made in God's image, we experience his creation from within it, we reflect his will, we are given a little glimpse of his creative intelligence for our own use, there is a duality there between heaven and earth spiritually.

And within that creation, there are three distinct levels/ scales of reality/ they can be identified from the EMS yes, but also as 3 distinct mechanisms, two of which are abstract to us; at micro/subatomic & macro/cosmic levels- but both are necessary to support what we are intended to experience as our reality in between.

Repox

Truth Seeker
I think there is something in all this, we are made in God's image, we experience his creation from within it, we reflect his will, we are given a little glimpse of his creative intelligence for our own use, there is a duality there between heaven and earth spiritually.

And within that creation, there are three distinct levels/ scales of reality/ they can be identified from the EMS yes, but also as 3 distinct mechanisms, two of which are abstract to us; at micro/subatomic & macro/cosmic levels- but both are necessary to support what we are intended to experience as our reality in between.
Wouldn't it be strange for believers and religions if God is a duality? It is even more strange to know God is a duality and no one knows about it but me. It is my clear vision about the two pearls side by side that defines God as a duality. I also have had a dream about the two Gods in a sphere in heaven surrounded by twelve angels. I don't expect anyone will change their minds, it has been a Trinity for almost two thousand years. On earth, humans define God and religious practices, mostly it comes from their imaginations, not from heaven. It boggles the mind to read about so many creative ways to define God. In this arena, there is no way anyone can prove anything. I can proclaim what I know from dreams and visions, but it makes no difference. It depends on what is traditional, religious, creative, and what clerics say. The simple truth is God is a duality. It must be the best keep secret in the history of religion.

There is also the logical appeal. Why would eternal God have a son? It is more logical to assume God is an eternally duality. It is comforting to know before God created the first angel, He (it) was His own companion. Why would God be lonely?

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I propose God to be a duality. In heaven, the two eternal Gods are in a sphere surrounded by twelve angels. They have never and will never be separated, they are equal in power, glory, and holiness. Before the two Gods created angels, they were companions. The two Gods came into the world as Jesus; there is no son of God. Instead of accepting two Gods, followers of Jesus interpreted them as father and son. As evidence, there are no references to the son of God in prior gospels, the ones preceding the four NT gospels. Son of God and crucifixion stories were added 30 to 40 years later by Jesus movement people. The Trinity is illogical.You cannot propose the Trinity to be eternal when the son of God had a beginning. As for the Holy Spirit, it is found with the two Gods and Angels in heaven, not in our material world.

Sounds like hierachial polytheism to me.

lostwanderingsoul

Think of God as a family. One family can have several members. The Father and Son are members of the God family. There is only one God but it is composed of more than one person.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Think of God as a family. One family can have several members. The Father and Son are members of the God family. There is only one God but it is composed of more than one person.

Like in Vedic traditions, all Gods are aspects on the one God Brahman. It remains a version of polytheism whether you consider the 'persons' of the family as Gods or 'Persons,' the are still referred to Gods.

Repox

Truth Seeker
As fallible human beings we do not 'know' what God is.
You can't make such a statement about what people know without knowing what they know. I know God is a duality, and He is in sphere in heaven surrounded by twelve angels. If I denied what I know, I would be lying. Therefore, I post what I know about God. Actually, no one can prove their belief about God, there is no empirical evidence for the supernatural world. Dreams and visions are valid means for receiving revelations. Ancient prophets relied on dreams and visions, so modern humans can also rely on them.

Last edited:

Repox

Truth Seeker
You can't make such a statement about what people know without knowing what they know. I know God is a duality, and He is in sphere in heaven surrounded by twelve angels. If I denied what I know, I would be lying. Therefore, I post what I know about God. Actually, no one can prove their belief about God, there is no empirical evidence for the supernatural world. Dreams and visions are valid means for receiving revelations. Ancient prophets relied on dreams and visions, so modern humans can also rely on them. I don't think there is a better way of knowing about God then through dreams and visions, otherwise, you would be a materialist seeking to find God's truth through His creation. It would be science trying to explain it all with physical laws. Then, there is the Bible, full of pithy spiritual verses. I prefer my dreams and visions, It skips right past encumbrances of the material world and is not dependent on the dreams and visions of ancient prophets, although much of what they reported was profound. They didn't discover, however, some important information such as God's purpose for the universe, God's duality, and the real story of paradise.

Lorgar-Aurelian

What are you... some kind of Zoroastrians... Sounds pretty sneaky brah