• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God in One Sentence

Egor

A Veridican for Christ
I think this is the right board to ask this question, because I'm interested in seeing a comparison of beliefs about God that people have.

If you only had one sentence to write, how would you define God? :shrug:

Awoon

I think this is the right board to ask this question, because I'm interested in seeing a comparison of beliefs about God that people have.

The self existing essence principle.

Wannabe Yogi

The ground of all being.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

God is one ‘And there is none like unto Him.’

sandandfoam

Veteran Member

I'd paraphrase Eriugena and say God is what you see when you look on the face of a newborn.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
God is a supernatural being or force which has either some or complete control over some or all aspect of reality.

(Well, at least, that's my definition of what a god is, should one exist.)

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
edit: Sorry I put the one for supernatural there rather than god

God is a polymorphic term used to refer to an array of potential concepts (usually including the characteristic of being an entity) held by the adherent, deemed central to the purpose, structure and/or function of reality, yet unexplainable by reality.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
God is the Creator of the physical world, including us. His name is Jehovah/Yahweh/YHWH...however you like to say it.

Murkve

Student of Change
If a barber only cuts the hair of people who don't cut their own, can he give himself a haircut?