• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

- - - God in Islamic Philosophy - - -

- - - God in Islamic Philosophy - - -

Islamic philosophy deals with all the issues available in the universe, in this philosophy we start from oneness while in western and modern philosophies logic is the reference point. In the modern world, philosophy is divided into many branches such as philosophy of history or science. On the other hand Islam is against separation and division; this is clearly illustrated through out this writing.

The main problem with our arguments is that we always start from the middle with no philosophical foundation and having loosely defined terms like good and evil we engage ourselves in endless debates with no conclusions.

Unfortunately only a few will understand what is being said here, the rest will stay in the cycle of endless arguments…

Human Logic

The most important faculty of human is logic; To begin we should know that logic always deals with two or more. Whenever we argue and rationally reach a conclusion, logic stops and no longer it can argue! The truth is one, and logic only operates with more than one. It is futile to prove god directly through logic, the reason is simple, because there is nothing before or after God, it is him all along and singularity is something that stops all comprehension!

To further clarify the idea I must point out a very disturbing quality of logic which I named it “illusion of duality”, I think more than 95% of the creation is unaware of it, or at least would feel more comfortable if ignored! Maybe I am wrong!

The illusion of duality

Dear fellow earthlings, throughout history and even now people are influenced by this effect. Logic differentiates and integrates the information to trace down truth, it was created to do so; I will provide some examples of this effect:

1- Heat and Cold: In truth heat is the vibration of particles which is kind of a motion, it is known that we can have near to infinite heat in the universe however can not have anything colder than about -247c; this clearly shows that heat exists but cold does not! Cold is simply the lack of heat, and yet the illusion of duality has caused many whether consciously or unconsciously to believe them as two separate absolute and parallel concepts.

2- Light and Dark: In truth light belongs to the electromagnetic spectrum which consist of visible, infrared, ultraviolet, X ray, Gamma ray and radio waves…There is not a single cubic millimetre of space empty of light. We know dark by first knowing light, therefore dark is the lack of light; even a black-hole can not be considered as a source of darkness, because it does not emit anything instead it devours.

3- Beauty and Ugliness: It is widely known that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but apart from relative beauty there is a universal standard for beauty and that is the harmony and freshness. If ones face is in balance and young regardless of race he/she is by default considered a beautiful person. Unfortunately nowadays the environment and media teach us from the very start that a certain way is beautiful, but this is not in my scope; all that should be known is that beauty or harmony exists in the whole universe but the lack of it is called ugliness.

4- Force and Resistance: Physical rules may indicate that there are always two opposing forces, but I believe it is far from truth. Scientists may interpret the signs that they discover differently, this is due to the illusion of duality which every human is prone to; many believe that there is anti-gravity, anti-matter and the sort. The truth in my view is that it is all the same force that is being directed in different directions. There is no duality in nature.

5- Construction and destruction: It is evident that destruction is easy and fast, yet to build/create/design one need to spend energy and time with the magical ingredient of love! We all know that he who loves his job is better at it too. We can know destruction only and only after there is something as a creation!

6- Good and Evil: If we define good as whatever that preserve a system and evil as whatever that damage a system then we can easily conclude that evil is not self-sufficient therefore can not be absolute, on the other hand good is absolute!

There is no time to provide more examples, but believe me everything obeys this rule. If there is anything that you believe escapes this rule tell me! Remember that many of the above comments are scientific facts.

Existence as an unshakable foundation for philosophy

As you have figured out already, there is a certain similarity between: heat – light – creation – beauty – force, and that is the element of existence while on the other hand the similarity between: cold – dark – ugliness, is non-existence, please take your time and meditate on this for a while!

Existence is self-evident and does not need any proof; it is used to prove everything else. It is the origin, the hub and to try to prove existence using anything other than itself is a mistake. Please note that when I use the term “being” I am referring to every physical object including energy.

Human logic figures out a distinct similarity between two different beings that it can not distinguish the same similarity between beings and non-existence.

Different beings have different names and qualities yet all have the same element of existence. Hence existence is a singularity that is present in every being.

The reality/truth of any being is the qualities of its existence; therefore existence from any point of view rightfully more deserves to be the reality/truth than anything else. To simplify the sentence that you just read, I give you an example: The color White itself should be whiter than something that is not (color white) but it has somehow earned this quality (being white).

Existence because of itself is available/existing/eternal, yet no other being exist because of their selves! (see the next post for the rest)

A little shortcut

There is either a god who has created the universe or no god, there is no middle way! This statement is either true or false. Anyone who believes that everything can be created out of nothing is MAD and should see a doctor; anyone who believes that it is the nature that has always been and will be is less mad and there is a chance that he will be cured. This argument fails to provide an answer for the purpose of creation, if the nature is an unconscious creator then there can be no purpose, furthermore how can you generate design and plan out of a piece of stone, yet we see how this universe is beautifully crafted. We see a TV and can’t imagine it being made by an unconscious being how come that we are misled in the case of universe!?

Another problem with human is that since we don’t understand God we always attempt to visualize him! However if God has any physical dimension then he can not be absolute.

No vision can reach him, yet his grasp is over all vision.

Hence the most tangible answer is to believe that everything was created out of everything or even more! We call this absolute, GOD and he has many qualities.

His first and the most important quality is to be the one and only! We say that God is just, merciful, wise, all seeing, all knowing, irresistible, strict in punishment, just, eternal, etc… However it is the logic that differentiates the absolute, all those qualities are all together God. It is not like we humans that for instance an individual has a certain skill! No, God’s qualities are not extra assets!

In Islam God’s anger is his punishment and his happiness is his reward, however this universe is only one side of the balance. If you anger God, he won’t get red and his temperature won’t rise; only the ignorant would go for such a stupid idea! Just as fire burns, God creates.

Now back to philosophy:

More on Logic, examining truth and untruth

You see a snake…it moves…it goes behind a piece of stone…you no longer see the snake…you are afraid… 30 seconds pass…you are still not sure whether it is there or not…

You have a copy of the sequences of events in your memory, you may think/consider/imagine/visualize/believe that it is/isn’t still there. You are correct only if what you have in mind is identical to what is actually in the outside world.

Stating the obvious it may seem but I believe it helps.

Considering the above example we can realize that truth is the existence and is the outside world while false can only appear in our minds which is equal to non-existence. It is amazing how all affairs return to the source.

Existence = Truth = Heat = Light = Beauty = Good = Love = Consciousness

Non-existence = False = Cold = Dark = Ugliness = Evil = Hate = Unconsciousness

The lower set of words is our invention, while the upper group of words is the Gods creation.

Therefore the idea of parallel spectrums such as Good and Evil are baseless. Even the existence in MIND is within the existence of God, this will be explained later.

Analogue and Digital

The universe as a whole is continues, all the physical rules obey this quality; velocity, acceleration, pressure, force, time, heat, etc… all of them are continues, this means that you can’t out of a sudden reach the speed of 50 m/s. One has to gradually increase or decrease the values. This also fortifies the idea of oneness. However humans have used their god-given logic to create a virtual world in which discrete motions are possible. Digital is discrete and purely based on logic. Two different voltages are used, one as high and the other as low; this will constitute the 1s and 0s of the binary system. All this to copy the universe; look at the computer games, the aim is to make them more and more realistic.

Astonishing it is to see how we humans are mimicking God and yet don’t believe in him!

Numbers are continues too, for instance between 0.1 and 0.2 there are infinite numbers. Negative numbers are non-existent; they are to support our mathematical equations. We use logic and its tools to cut the universe to examine it piece by piece, and we outrageously expect to understand the whole picture this way!

What is Science

It is our arrogance to assume that science is our work! These physical rules have always existed and will continue to exist, we only figure them out to some extent, and therefore human Science is not only flawed but also an imitation!

We see different imaginary monsters in today movies and computer games and the more they look real the more we appreciate; it seems that humanity sees the perfection in the likeness of reality and mastering it; at least unconsciously we’re in its pursuit, perhaps to one day be able to create something as fantastic as a human being. We as humans have dreams and I would argue that even in our wildest dreams we can not exceed the reality. No matter what we imagine it already has the same qualities that are available in universe, for imagination itself is in effect copying the outside world and just messing around with colors, shapes, shadows and other qualities like gravity, mass, taste, light, etc… Doing so we produce art and everything else that is producible, like cars, foods and spaceships!

Do we really think that we are creative!? Only God is worthy of such a title.

“To cook an apple-pie from scratch, first one needs to create the whole universe!”

Flawed theory of the fundamental particle

Due to the illusion of duality, most of the scientists are wondering around in distraction. They use their most advanced telescopes and microscopes to seek out the largest and smallest objects of the universe. First atom was introduced then smaller and even smaller particles were found, now after discovering many particles from a range of leptons, quarks, force carriers and finally neutrinos they still can’t be sure if they have reached the smallest particle, the so called fundamental particle. What is the problem with this theory? Well the problem is massive actually; if there was a fundamental particle that everything else was made of it then Time would not exist! The very notion that there is a fundamental particle suggest that the universe is digital and discrete, if there was such a particle then it was also the smallest distance covering space and henceforth the smallest unit! How much time does it take for the smallest unit to translate to another location which is the next unit next to it! It will take zero time, because there is no halfway through, the particle is either in its current position or in the other; there is no shorter distance than the dimensions of the fundamental particle itself. This indicates that all motion will occur instantaneously which is contrary to what actually is!

Nothing can be outside God

This does not mean that God has a dimension rather means that nothing can be out of his control. Firstly because there is nothing except him and secondly because nothing can exist without his will and existence. (see the next post)

So how is it that we are conscious?

The similitude of Gods creation is like the humans imagination. He comprehends his creation and so his creation exists. To create or to regenerate his creation there is no effort, he merely says “be” and it “is”. In Qur’an God says that after the physical creation of human he also gave it something of his own spirit. At this point I am only telling you a theory, but later I will prove this theory through the issues of Intellect and Intelligible.

God is constantly running the whole show! The moment we choose to do something God will do it for us, even if it is evil! Remember that the true nature of human can not be harmed physically. So we don’t do at all, mind only can wish and then since all the existence and power is from God he does it for us! This is the only way that he can test us, but more impotently we are being developed, we learn how to think by being within his comprehension, he teach us step by step to become more and more self-sufficient, in adulthood we suddenly can love the opposite sex, God did not create love only as means of reproduction in fact love is not physical at all, the propose of such a love is to teach us how to concentrate all our aims and needs into one major aim and this will finally help us to understand the oneness of God, however those who get used to the physical dimension and do not develop their spirituality will have trouble, because one day they will die and God no longer do their dirty wishes then they are left with lots of physical need not being able to create their own worlds nor are they prepared to enjoy the God’s intellectual dimension. Still being in dire need of their physical bodies! Please note that this theory does not suggest that God creates other Gods. The one and only God always encompass his creation!

The final conclusion

God is evident and you must find him, if you can’t find him, the reason might be that you are too busy using your logic differentiating God, instead you should understand the illusion of duality and revise your ideas from scratch; then you will know that only one thing remains. Once you realized the oneness of existence then ask yourself these simple questions: Can everything start from nothing? Can something unconscious create something conscious? Could I ever exist without the mercy of my creator? And if you still have problem then know that God guides whom he wills and leaves to go astray whom he wills. Also remember that not long ago you weren’t even mentioned!

This is the map of my article by which I attempt to tell you how God is evident.

1- Illusion of duality: this will help you understand the oneness of existence.

2- Existence as an unshakable foundation for philosophy: this will further explain he idea.

3- More on Logic, examining truth and untruth: this will fortify the notion of oneness.

4- Analogue and Digital: again to further clarify the oneness.

5- Flawed theory of the fundamental particle: this is to point out the fact that science will never reach God.

These along with other stuff I have included will help you realise the oneness of existence that has no logical reason and that how this absolute must also be conscious.

I have not attempted to prove the existence of God using logic!