• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God has to prove to me that He exists: what kind of proof should I demand?

Cleary

God is sovereign and in control <><
btw: .... not a good position to be 'demanding' ANYTHING from God < He owes you nothing

Shantanu

If you had never heard of 'God' or had embraced a concept of God, you would still exist.
Existence is self evident. God is not.
So don't worry about it.
I am classified as suffering from a mental illness of 'persistent delusional disorder' by the United Kingdom State for which I am coerced into taking antipsychotic medication risperidone and anti-depressant medication sertraline: I need to know if I really do suffer from this disorder because I may yet face incarceration in a mental hospital if I do not get God's help in sorting out these persecutors.

Shantanu

btw: .... not a good position to be 'demanding' ANYTHING from God < He owes you nothing

I put a lot of faith over 20 years in proselytising about God and now I ended up with nothing but the label of a mentally disordered lunatic. He owes me to tell me if am delusional in thinking that He protected me from the persecutors of the United Kingdom State.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Is God a defined Entity in the universe?

I don't know, is it? I was asking you. What I think here doesn't matter. This also doesn't really clarify what "exists" means to you. Does something have to be physical to exist? Do ideas exist? Do thoughts exist? What (if any) line do you draw?

By truth I ask is the question is Existence without such an Entity that one calls God of genuine concern to humankind or is it an imagined concern: a delusion that does not warrant an investigation by scholars or scientists.

This doesn't help me understand how you understand the word "truth" though. Is truth that which is useful? That which is valued? That which is objectively the case? The word "truth" gets used in many different ways. Stories are truths, facts are truths, and so on. I don't know what standard you have in mind.

It matters because the mind must be free of questions or there is suffering.

Pardon, I have to do a double take here. You're going to have to explain this one to me like I am a four year old, because I can think of no fate more miserable and full of suffering than having a mind free of questions. It would mean there is no learning to be done, no creativity to be had, and no purpose to anything. I could no longer justify living at all without the exploratory journeys questions take me on. So yeah, you're going to have to explain this one to me.

Shantanu

check the post above .... and all that is available to you
At the height of my mental illness supposedly, I used a digital clock to consult God: if I approached the clock and it gave the clock time as a '7' (eg 2.41,3.04, 4.03, 5.20, 6.10, 7.00, 8.08, 9.25, 10.42, 11.32, 12.04,etc) it meant I figured a message to deal with my persecutors with a particular act: He has now to tell me if all that consultation over 20 years was delusional and was leading my up the wrong tree.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
God has to prove to me that He exists: what kind of proof should I demand?

God has already proven himself ... you either see or you refuse to see

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness .. because that which is known about God is evident within them .. for God made it evident to them .. for since the creation of the world his invisible attributes .. his eternal power and divine nature .. have been clearly seen .. being understood through what has been made .. so that they are without excuse ...... Romans 1:18-20

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for .. the conviction of things not seen .. for by it the men of old gained approval .. by faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God .. so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible ...... Hebrews 11:1-3

Oh - the Bible said it, so I guess that settles it. :rolleyes:

Shantanu

I don't know, is it? I was asking you. What I think here doesn't matter. This also doesn't really clarify what "exists" means to you. Does something have to be physical to exist? Do ideas exist? Do thoughts exist? What (if any) line do you draw?
Is God a living Entity that performs actions in the universe: does this clarify the issue of existence?
This doesn't help me understand how you understand the word "truth" though. Is truth that which is useful? That which is valued? That which is objectively the case? The word "truth" gets used in many different ways. Stories are truths, facts are truths, and so on. I don't know what standard you have in mind.
My standard is set by the issue of whether God stands up to be counted according to the going definitions of what God comprises of. In other words, is it a yes or a no that He is of a certain description factually.
Pardon, I have to do a double take here. You're going to have to explain this one to me like I am a four year old, because I can think of no fate more miserable and full of suffering than having a mind free of questions. It would mean there is no learning to be done, no creativity to be had, and no purpose to anything. I could no longer justify living at all without the exploratory journeys questions take me on. So yeah, you're going to have to explain this one to me.
My practices of meditation centres around having no thoughts so that I perform my daily chores and sleep the rest of the time knowing that there is nothing outstanding left for me to do. Any questions arising in the mind is a disturbance that my mind can do without as I strive for satchitananda (Truth-Awareness-Bliss).

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
My search for the truth about Existence has come to this question?

Any ideas?

Waste of time.

No matter how much you make demands God wouldn't respond to someone insincere.

Humble yourself and pray for an answer and maybe God will respond if you are sincere.

Shantanu

Waste of time.

No matter how much you make demands God wouldn't respond to someone insincere.

Humble yourself and pray for an answer and maybe God will respond if you are sincere.
What does it take to be a sincere enquirer of the truth? Was a 20 year wait for an answer to some simple questions with devotional reverences galore insufficient to invoke a reply and I see nothing but silence from the supposed Entity?

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
Thanks for your reply: you seem content to live thinking some Divine Power exists as a Spirit within you. I would be worried if I had the same feeling as to why there is this unwarranted invader into my body.
I'm afraid only you can answer tha
Thanks for your reply: you seem content to live thinking some Divine Power exists as a Spirit within you. I would be worried if I had the same feeling as to why there is this unwarranted invader into my body.

my comment to that is there are all kinds of spirits.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
What does it take to be a sincere enquirer of the truth? Was a 20 year wait for an answer to a simple question with devotional reverences galore insufficient to invoke a reply and I see nothing but silence from the supposed Entity?

It's different for everyone.

I was an atheist for 30 years. I demanded proof many times and nothing.

Eventually came a time, stuff happened in my life. And I asked for proof/help, and I got it. Been a Christian ever since.

I don't know what God is looking for because I'm not God obviously. But I can explain how it happened for me and my opinion of it and that's all I can do.