• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God has to prove to me that He exists: what kind of proof should I demand?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are entitled to your objective tests of truth whereas I have my own test that I feel is objective enough: It relies upon God to provide me with what is true and what is false, as the process of satya-advaita relates to an Enforcer of truth through the maxim Satyameva Jayate as I mentioned.
If you think truth is whatever suits you, if you think gods exist outside of imagination, if you think 'Enforcer of truth' is a meaningful expression, then those are matters for you. I've told you why I don't, and after that I'm just repeating myself.
I do take issue with your subsequent reply on my thread that I started for the reason that I received the following post in Site Feedback which should be clear for all to see as a deliberately persecutory act:
As I said, I have no interest in going there.

So I guess we're about done.

Live long and prosper. \\//

Wandering Monk

“If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank.”

― Woody Allen

Shantanu

If you think truth is whatever suits you, if you think gods exist outside of imagination, if you think 'Enforcer of truth' is a meaningful expression, then those are matters for you. I've told you why I don't, and after that I'm just repeating myself.
Truth is factual existence.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Truth is factual existence.
Under the 'correspondence' definition, a statement is true to the extent that it corresponds to / conforms with / accurately reflects objective reality. Hence it comes with an objective test. But I'm just repeating myself.

Over and out.

Milton Platt

My search for the truth about Existence has come to this question?

Any ideas?

If there is a being that is worthy of being called a god, it will know what is necessary for you to believe. Therefore, it falls to that being to give you what is necessary for that to happen. If it does not happen, then either the being does not exist, or it exists but does not care whether you believe or not, or is deliberately deceiving you. Take your pick.

Shantanu

Under the 'correspondence' definition, a statement is true to the extent that it corresponds to / conforms with / accurately reflects objective reality. Hence it comes with an objective test. But I'm just repeating myself.

Over and out.
I am not disputing that: I am disputing the meaning of the word objective as if my test of seeking direct information from God is not objective enough given that He is omniscient.

Shantanu

If there is a being that is worthy of being called a god, it will know what is necessary for you to believe. Therefore, it falls to that being to give you what is necessary for that to happen. If it does not happen, then either the being does not exist, or it exists but does not care whether you believe or not, or is deliberately deceiving you. Take your pick.
He gives me whatever I need to resist persecution to my satisfaction on a daily basis: He exists for me. That is all I need to know.

Workman

UNIQUE
He gives me whatever I need to resist persecution to my satisfaction on a daily basis: He exists for me. That is all I need to know.
Good on you shantanu!
You’ve stayed faithful to your belief..
Despite all the throwing of questions!
You’ve earned well through em all!
You speak true of your concrete..
Don’t let them own yah!..you are in control of yourself..and you don’t need to PROVE nothing to anyone except to your belief.

Shantanu

Good on you shantanu!
You’ve stayed faithful to your belief..
Despite all the throwing of questions!
You’ve earned well through em all!
You speak true of your concrete..
Don’t let them own yah!..you are in control of yourself..and you don’t need to PROVE nothing to anyone except to your belief.
That is because I practice satya-advaita to chart my future. I will never say that there is no God just because what if there is a God?

Workman

UNIQUE
That is because I practice satya-advaita to chart my future. I will never say that there is no God just because what if there is a God?
Yes!!! And those are the questions are worth living for..
where the word ‘no’ is worth..?
no sorry it’s worthless at all!

Shantanu

Yes!!! And those are the questions are worth living for..
where the word ‘no’ is worth..?
no sorry it’s worthless at all!
If you say that there is no God you cut off your options to seek the assistance of God for all the imponderables in your life when no human being can reliably provide that kind of assistance because no human being is to be trusted with the truth.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you accept that no human being of the 7.5 billion people on Earth can be trusted with the truth?
The question is meaningless. There is no such single instance of "the truth", simply statements that are true.

Shantanu

The question is meaningless. There is no such single instance of "the truth", simply statements that are true.
There are two elements to the question:
(a) if you had a need for objective truth that you desire who would you ask?
(b) if you confronted humanity with the truth as you have determined from self-examination what would the response of humanity be to your assertions on the truth that you expouse?