• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God does not care if I go to hell

The Transcended Omniverse

My previous topics were just way too long for anyone to bother reading and replying to. Therefore, I will make this topic which summarizes my point I wish to discuss. I am not lying when I said that I have looked into everything I possibly could with an honest open mind and heart. I am still undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If you go to hell, it's your own choice. You have been whining on this board for months and months and going on about how you hate God and wish to live a completely selfish life. Get over yourself.

If you go to hell, it's your own choice. You have been whining on this board for months and months and going on about how you hate God and wish to live a completely selfish life. Get over yourself.

Forget all those other topics I have made. What I want to discuss here is that it is not my choice in going to hell. How can it be my choice if my disbelief in God was out of a genuine and honest mindset? My disbelief is through an honest open mind and heart and I wish to know how I can possibly be held accountable for something like that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Forget all those other topics I have made. What I want to discuss here is that it is not my choice in going to hell. How can it be my choice if my disbelief in God was out of a genuine and honest mindset? My disbelief is through an honest open mind and heart and I wish to know how I can possibly be held accountable for something like that.
Well, if your disbelief is sincere and you could not find God no matter how hard you tried, I'm sure He will take that into consideration, as His mercy is far more than His wrath.

Blackdog22

That makes no more sense than saying a women "chose" to die because you gave her the alternative to either love you or die, so you then shot her when she decided to not love you. How about this, I want make the choice to not go to hell and I also cannot believe in a God concept without having any evidence that he exists. If I still go to hell under these circumstances its because the choice has been predetermined for me by God, not me. There is no choice, just a bully trying to force his love on me...or else!! This is a nonsensical, foolish position to hold to the point of being psychopathic.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That makes no more sense than saying a women "chose" to die because you gave her the alternative to either love you or die, so you then shot her when she decided to not love you. How about this, I want make the choice to not go to hell and I also cannot believe in a God concept without having any evidence that he exists. If I still go to hell under these circumstances its because the choice has been predetermined for me by God, not me. There is no choice, just a bully trying to force his love on me...or else!! This is a nonsensical, foolish position to hold to the point of being psychopathic.
That's not how I view hell.

lostwanderingsoul

God calls those people who He wants to follow Him. People who have not been called will not understand. It's not your fault, God just isn't ready to call you yet. However, no one will be punished in Hell without a fair chance to understand and accept God's ways. Your chance will come.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
My previous topics were just way too long for anyone to bother reading and replying to. Therefore, I will make this topic which summarizes my point I wish to discuss. I am not lying when I said that I have looked into everything I possibly could with an honest open mind and heart. I am still undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.
Whether you believe in God or not, you are not going to Hell. God doesn't work that way. I can understand why, if you are really the sincere, open-minded person you come across as, you would be frustrated by what must seem to you as indifference on His part. I think that we all feel that way at one time or another. For some, it's just for a more extended period of time.

Whether you come to know Him in this life or not until the next, eventually it will happen. And when it does, you will be absolutely amazed at His love. That's probably not the slightest bit helpful, but it's how I see it.

Misunderstood

Hello MattMVS7,

I am truly sad you feel this way, as I am sure God does not want that and is saddened by it even more. But it seems you are more interested in proving God and having him revealed to you. I think it is more important to get to know what he says and who he is. He became a person to be with us, but, He is everything, gave us everything and and has given us his word. I have quoted a section from John 1 below.

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. He was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

If you believe in his words and feel we should love one another, help the hurt, wounded and those who cannot help themselves and believe you should “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. Than you believe in him without even knowing it.

That is more important than believing in his existence for now. If God gave you proof he was here, would you then believe out of fear he may punish you? Whereas, now if you believe these things, isn't it better to know you believe in Love because you feel it is the right thing to do, not just out of requirement?

Blackdog22

That's not how I view hell.

How else can it possibly be viewed? Its a torture chamber created for those who cant accept things without reason and evidence. What kind of a punishment is this for such a petty crime. Logic seems to be frowned upon by God. I would love your take on it however, it could be that your stance makes more sense then the viewpoint I was raised with.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member

I am taking your words when you said that you have honest open mind and heart.

Now. The Question is how you want God to reveal himself to you..

God is above our limited imagination. And above our confused thoughts...

God can only be seen by the clean hearts..

If you what you said about yourself, just continue your strive in knocking at the door.. and it will soon open!

Skwim

Veteran Member
Whether you believe in God or not, you are not going to Hell.
I thought John was pretty clear on this.

John 3:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.​

Shem Ben Noah

INACTIVE
... So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.

Unless the mythical 'eternal hell' doesn't exist, only a final judgement where those who were evil are not sent anywhere actually but simply destroyed.

God's not uncaring /unloving as he's told us pretty clearly what's good and evil.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Doesn't this depend on which specific flavour of God you're talking about?
Perhaps in some sects of Christianity disbelief is enough to warrant hell, most seem to favour the idea that God takes into account sincerety and effort.

Rapha

I am still undecided on the existence of God and the afterlife. So why wouldn't God reveal himself to me and his truth for someone like me who does indeed have an honest open mind and heart? It makes no sense to me unless God is uncaring, unloving, etc. and he doesn't really care that I go to hell for not believing and not serving him.
Only a demon possessing your meat suit would make you say such things, thus proving that God exists and Jesus Christ is the only way to get you and the demons name back in the Book of Life.

Now, speak your mind, because grumpy demon will go ballistic.

Message for the little demon: remember what the word 'infinity' feels like in any hell especially Tartarus. Hmmmm, demon has gone silent.

Only a demon possessing your meat suit would make you say such things, thus proving that God exists and Jesus Christ is the only way to get you and the demons name back in the Book of Life.

Now, speak your mind, because grumpy demon will go ballistic.

Message for the little demon: remember what the word 'infinity' feels like in any hell especially Tartarus. Hmmmm, demon has gone silent.

This is yet another one of those wild claims out there. Also, I have looked and researched into all the claimed evidence out there regarding Christianity as well as the skeptics with an honest open mind and heart and I have to remain undecided. That is my honest conclusion.

Last edited:

I am taking your words when you said that you have honest open mind and heart.

Now. The Question is how you want God to reveal himself to you..

God is above our limited imagination. And above our confused thoughts...

God can only be seen by the clean hearts..

If you what you said about yourself, just continue your strive in knocking at the door.. and it will soon open!

But what else is there to convince me? I have already looked and researched into all the claimed evidence out there regarding both God/afterlife as well as the skeptics with an honest open mind and heart. That is all anyone could ever do. There is nothing more that can be done. If I remain undecided after all that, then that is the way it is and nothing more can be done.