• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God does everything for His own Glory!

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
For example, when we debate under "Biblical Debate" we are debating within the box of the Bible as the sole truth? Is this correct?

Not necessarily. The debate could, for example, be about whether the Bible is the "sole truth" or about the history of the Bible, or differing interpretations of particular scriptures. The "topicality" rules in the various debate forums are not very strict. If you look over the history of this subforum, it appears that anything one wants to debate that pertains to the Bible would be a "Biblical Debate."

Ðanisty

For example, when we debate under "Biblical Debate" we are debating within the box of the Bible as the sole truth? Is this correct?
Biblical Debates would be debates having to do with the bible. One does not even need to believe anything in the bible is true to debate it. Anyone is free to have an opinion about the bible. If one had to believe the bible is true to debate it, it would only be open to Christians and that would actually fall under Same Faith Debates. If you don't want non-Christians responding to your threads, you might want to consider posting them there.

joeboonda

Evil is a strong word. But look around. Dog the Bounty Hunter was on Glenn Beck last nite and was asked about it. He said in his business he sees it every day. He said like when a small girl got hit by a car and a man actually cheered! Look at the evils comitted by people every day around the world, physical and sexual abuse, torture, unjust imprisonment, murder, rape, child molesting and traficking, etc. Evil is real and the Bible says we inherited a sin-nature from Adam. Truth may not be palatable to some, but that does not mean we should hush up about it. Jesus said whoever comes to Him, He will in no wise cast out, that whosoever will may be saved by having trusted in Him for salvation. He also warned that those who do not trust in Him are already condemned. We are all under this death sentence until we lay our sins upon Jesus. This is the Bible Truth, I will not water it down.
Mike

Special Revelation

Evil is a strong word. But look around. Dog the Bounty Hunter was on Glenn Beck last nite and was asked about it. He said in his business he sees it every day. He said like when a small girl got hit by a car and a man actually cheered! Look at the evils comitted by people every day around the world, physical and sexual abuse, torture, unjust imprisonment, murder, rape, child molesting and traficking, etc. Evil is real and the Bible says we inherited a sin-nature from Adam. Truth may not be palatable to some, but that does not mean we should hush up about it. Jesus said whoever comes to Him, He will in no wise cast out, that whosoever will may be saved by having trusted in Him for salvation. He also warned that those who do not trust in Him are already condemned. We are all under this death sentence until we lay our sins upon Jesus. This is the Bible Truth, I will not water it down.
Mike

Thanks for sharing the glory and infinte value of our Lord Jesus Christ!

gnostic

The Lost One
joeboonda said:
Evil is a strong word.
As I said before.

1st statement:
joeboonda said:
Jesus said whoever comes to Him, He will in no wise cast out, that whosoever will may be saved by having trusted in Him for salvation.
Dumb.

2nd statement:
joeboonda said:
He also warned that those who do not trust in Him are already condemned.
Double-dumb.

3rd statement:
joeboonda said:
We are all under this death sentence until we lay our sins upon Jesus.
Dumb.

This is the Bible Truth, I will not water it down.
Sorry for me being so blunt. Since you won't water it down. Nor would I.

Let's look at the 1st statement.

I know this may sounds dumb, but how do you "come to" Jesus, who is not around, and it is never around.

For me, I don't trust just because some writings say so. Or prophet (or messiah) say that.

Faith without proof is absolutely meaningless to me.

Which leads lead to the 2nd point.

Trusting and believing is the easy part. Anyone can do so. And that includes all the wicked people you spoke of, earlier:
joeboonda said:
Look at the evils comitted by people every day around the world, physical and sexual abuse, torture, unjust imprisonment, murder, rape, child molesting and traficking, etc.

Even worse is that many of the believers, thus Christians, have committed those all those crimes. They believe in Christ, and yet they those do things.

Do these Christian people get "saved" simply because they have the faith, even though they committed those crimes?

So I ask you. A person who don't commit any of these offence and violence, but who don't believe or trust in Jesus, will be condemned to hell for ever-lasting torments.

Where is fairness or justice in that?

The Christian dogma is illogical. That's why I call these statements as being dumb, not because I want to be offensive, but because they are rather illogical. Your (Christian) idea of "evil" is illogic.

If a God like yours can condemn good non-believing people to eternal damnation, but save these murderers, rapists, other evil people simply because they "trust" and "believe" in God and Jesus, then I must say that your God, Jesus and all the Christian teachings to be illogical, brutal, and if I must say so - EVIL.

Condemning a person simply on trust, instead of deeds they have done is horrendous injustice.

If a person is condemned on lack of faith, then your Christian teachings is not about love, forgiveness and compassion.

As to the 3rd statement.

Well, that's one of the problem and terrible flaws many Christians have. Instead of taking responsible for their sins, they throw on Jesus' feet. Often they will keeping committing the same sins, simply because they have this forgiveness and absolution.

I find this sort of teaching just as illogical, and thus dumb.

It is probably why you so many Christians in prisons, because their so-called belief give him them "set free cards" (like in the monopoly game) where they think they will go to heaven, regardless of what crimes or sins they have committed on earth, simply because "they are Christians".

BruceDLimber

Hi again! :)

... when we debate under "Biblical Debate" we are debating within the box of the Bible as the sole truth? Is this correct?

Not in the Baha'i view, no.

While we accept the Bible as legitimate, God-sent scripture, we accept other books, such as the Qur'an and (of course!) the 200 volumes of Baha'i scripture as also true and scriptural!

Nor do we believe any religion has a monopoly on truth: indeed, we see ALL the great religions as valid and God-sent!

Best, :)

Bruce

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Continue to fight to good fight of faith! God's grace is sufficent for us. Enjoy your Chrisitan kids and wife!

If God's grace is sufficient for us, then why should we be concerned about "who has it and who doesn't?" If God's grace is sufficient, shouldn't we all be well taken care of?

kmkemp

If God's grace is sufficient for us, then why should we be concerned about "who has it and who doesn't?" If God's grace is sufficient, shouldn't we all be well taken care of?

Looking past your question posed to someone that can't read it, God's grace is sufficient for everyone. Still, they can choose to reject it just like any other gift (by not putting their faith in Christ).