• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God does everything for His own Glory!

NomyRomy

Daughter of God
God does everything for His own Glory. Christians have been reconciled to Him through Christ to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Let's talk about it.

Your god seems quite egotistical as well as very shallow. Do you think it makes more sense that this is truely how god is, or that this describes many humans respnsible for comeing up with it in the first place? hmmmmmmm?

gnostic

The Lost One
If you have read the Book of Job, and I am sure you have, then you see that instead of answering Job's questions, God was boasting about his powers.

If he is indeed as all-powerful and all-knowing, then why the need for boasting? At the start of the book, he boasted of Job's faith and devoutness. This only show his arrogance and his tyranny as a god.

And if he is as wise and kind as you say, then why did he go ahead with his wager with Satan? If he really knew and can see the inner goodness of a person's soul, he would not need to prove Satan anything. By allowing Satan to test Job, then it also prove that he is not all-knowing. This shows his vanity.

The whole book of Job shows he has the same human weaknesses. The need to boast and to react angrily when he is even questioned.

In Exodus, one of his 10 commandments was not worship any other god than him:

Exodus 20:5 said:
Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me;
Exodus 34:14 said:
For thou shalt bow down to no other god; for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God;
Jealousy is really a human emotion and trait. If God really is the only god, then why be jealous of other gods that don't exist. If he is a perfect god, then he should not even feel anger, jealousy, vanity and arrogance, but he exhibit all these traits at one time or another.

Heck, if he was perfect, he wouldn't even feel love or compassionate, because these are also human emotions or human traits.

kmkemp

And yet you have such a simplistic response, to what I think deserves a more intelligible answer...

Please, enlighten me.

If you have a son and one day he decides to start claiming that some other strange imaginary man was his father and that he raised him after you had done all of the work, I suppose you would be fine with that. Yea, you're right. I'm sure it's much more complicated.

Inky

I think his point was that we attribute negative emotions to imperfection, so in many people's views a perfect being would never feel jealous.

kmkemp

Well, I thought it was clear that I was answering "why be jealous of other gods that don't exist". I realize that Haydaman was probably wanting me to answer the other question, but he criticized my "over-simplistic" answer because it was addressed to the wrong question, not because of its incorrectness.

Perhaps I should have quoted.

Haydaman

Monkey In A Suit
You didn't even asnwer the whole question...? Talking about answering Gnostics question by the way.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Because it is blasphemy and a slap in his face to attribute His work to a false God?

But God's existence isn't apparent and if God does exist it is not apparent which God He is. It is mostly a lack of knowledge than a slap in the face.

Ðanisty

I told everyone that this website is not neutral. This website is a spiritual battleground. What Darkness calls good I call evil. What I call good, Darkness proclaims it to be evil. Satan is called father of lies for a reason.
And I corrected you. It seems you didn't even read it though.

Tell me, why are you here Special Revelation? What is your reason for joining this site and participating in these discussions?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Ðanisty;846232 said:

Tell me, why are you here Special Revelation? What is your reason for joining this site and participating in these discussions?

To tell everyone that he is elect and we aren't? :eek:

Special Revelation

Ðanisty;846232 said:

Obedience to the will of God.

Special Revelation

To tell everyone that he is elect and we aren't? :eek:

How do you know you are not an elect of God? You may end up being one of the most faithful servants of the Lord by the end of your life (by the grace of God of course). It's puzzling that you appear to support Danisty who claims to be Lucifer's disciple?

Special Revelation

I do not believe there 'elect' and 'non-elect', I believe we are all children of God.
Maybe that is the very reason God reveals women cannot teach and lead men in regards to spiritual truths? Eve was deceive and not Adam, according to the Apostle Paul. What do you personally do with the numerous Bible verses that specifically speak of the "elect' or "chosen" throughout all of the Bible? The elect and chosen of God is a major theme throughout the entire Bible.

Titus 1:1
Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's ELECT and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Maybe that is the very reason God reveals women cannot teach and lead men in regards to spiritual truths? Eve was deceive and not Adam, according to the Apostle Paul. What do you do with the numerous Bible verses that specifically speak of the "elect' or "chosen" throughout all of the Bible?

Titus 1:1
Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's ELECT and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness.

As has been discussed before, LDS theology takes a different view on the supposed 'elect' then other Christians. If you do not like me having a discussion on the epistle to Titus, do not join. I am not forcing you to. You obviously have a problem with women talking about the Bible and studying with others. You truly remind me of someone. :rolleyes:

Special Revelation

As has been discussed before, LDS theology takes a different view on the supposed 'elect' then other Christians. If you do not like me having a discussion on the epistle to Titus, do not join. I am not forcing you to. You obviously have a problem with women talking about the Bible and studying with others. You truly remind me of someone. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the invitation for studying Titus together. It's a wonderful things to study the Bible together. I believe women should lead Bible studies in women groups. Conservative Christian churches adhere to this general rule. I thought the LDS Church took the same approach? Would your LDS Church Elders allow you to teach a Bible Study consisting of men and women?

I hope I remind you of obedient and humble servants of the Lord that you may personally know. ;)

Bishka

Veteran Member
Would your LDS Church Elders allow you to teach a Bible Study consisting of men and women?

Actually, yes. For awhile last year, my husband and I taught a group of people in our congregation on the Old Testament. Like I stated, if you do not wish to participate because of some ridiculous misinterpretation, be my guest.