• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God does everything for His own Glory!

Special Revelation

Ðanisty;837707 said:
glo·ry
premium.gif
(glôr'ē, glōr'ē) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. glo·ries
  1. Great honor, praise, or distinction accorded by common consent; renown.
  2. Something conferring honor or renown.
  3. A highly praiseworthy asset: Your wit is your crowning glory.
  4. Adoration, praise, and thanksgiving offered in worship.
  5. Majestic beauty and splendor; resplendence: The sun set in a blaze of glory.
  6. The splendor and bliss of heaven; perfect happiness.
  7. A height of achievement, enjoyment, or prosperity: ancient Rome in its greatest glory.
So basically everything God does is to satisfy his own enormous ego. How again is this not selfish? By the way, the question wasn't mine. It was Victor's and I was being nice about it 1) so as not to misrepresent Victor and 2) because I'm a nice person. It has nothing to do with doing God any favors or anything else that might "glorify" him. You should consider the possibility that someone can be polite without even remotely supporting God. Perhaps I should be more clear about it though:

It figures that you would see it that way since apparently God is using the whole universe to prop himself up. That's okay though. That's a concept I can run with because I do think God is that egotistical, arrogant, self-centered, and petty.

Sounds like you're doing Lucifer's work. ;)

God is the only being in all of reality that life should be centered on. Think about it, He is the only being that is stuck being completely wonderful, amazingly beautiful, absolutely perfect, supremely wise, and is love. God can't help...being the center of the universe. He created the cosmos and sustains it, even though you may not understand it. He gives and sustains life to unbelievers and believers alike. People who are able to see glimpse of His glory can only act with the appropriate response of bowing down to Him in worship, praise, adoration. To glorify God is to magnify all that He is. God is worshiped by believers because He is the only One worthy to be worshipped.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
God does everything for His own Glory. Christians have been reconciled to Him through Christ to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Let's talk about it.
Okay, let's. I believe that His work and His glory is to bring to pass the immoratlity and eternal life of man.

BFD_Zayl

God is the only being in all of reality that life should be centered on. Think about it, He is the only being that is stuck being completely wonderful, amazingly beautiful, absolutely perfect, supremely wise, and is love. God can't help...being the center of the universe. He created the cosmos and sustains it, even though you may not understand it. He gives and sustains life to unbelievers and believers alike. People who are able to see glimpse of His glory can only act with the appropriate response of bowing down to Him in worship, praise, adoration. To glorify God is to magnify all that He is. God is worshiped by believers because He is the only One worthy to be worshipped.
you're for getting about all the other Gods as well, what about them? they are focused on, venerated and honored. and they even have failings, with no ego problems...well...a few but not a lot.

gnostic

The Lost One
Special Revelation said:
God does everything for His own Glory!
This topic's subject-line sounds like God is doing everything out of sheer vanity and arrogance.

If that is so, then how is God any different from the New Testament Satan, who also sought glory for himself?

BruceDLimber

Greetigns!

God does everything for His own glory.

I strongly disagree!

And even if He did, He would remain eminently deserving thereof!

But in any case, the Baha'i scriptures clearly indicate otherwise! I quote:

“O SON OF MAN!
“Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.“
--The Hidden Words, Part One, #3

”O SON OF BOUNTY!
“Out of the wastes of nothingness, with the clay of My command I made thee to appear, and have ordained for thy training every atom in existence and the essence of all created things. Thus, ere thou didst issue from thy mother’s womb, I destined for thee two founts of gleaming milk, eyes to watch over thee, and hearts to love thee. Out of My loving-kindness, ’neath the shade of My mercy I nurtured thee, and guarded thee by the essence of My grace and favor. And My purpose in all this was that thou mightest attain My everlasting dominion and become worthy of My invisible bestowals.”
--The Hidden Words, Part One, #29

Peace,

Bruce

Special Revelation

Greetigns!

I strongly disagree!

And even if He did, He would remain eminently deserving thereof!

But in any case, the Baha'i scriptures clearly indicate otherwise! I quote:

“O SON OF MAN!
“Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.“
--The Hidden Words, Part One, #3

”O SON OF BOUNTY!
“Out of the wastes of nothingness, with the clay of My command I made thee to appear, and have ordained for thy training every atom in existence and the essence of all created things. Thus, ere thou didst issue from thy mother’s womb, I destined for thee two founts of gleaming milk, eyes to watch over thee, and hearts to love thee. Out of My loving-kindness, ’neath the shade of My mercy I nurtured thee, and guarded thee by the essence of My grace and favor. And My purpose in all this was that thou mightest attain My everlasting dominion and become worthy of My invisible bestowals.”
--The Hidden Words, Part One, #29

Peace,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the posting. I'm still trying to figure out how Thread categories work. I posted this under Biblical Debate. Therefore, spiritual truth is defined and limited to biblical revelation only in this debate?. Does that make sense, or am I incorrect?

Special Revelation

This topic's subject-line sounds like God is doing everything out of sheer vanity and arrogance.

If that is so, then how is God any different from the New Testament Satan, who also sought glory for himself?

Thanks for the comment. The Bible reveals God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all. God is revealed to be the perfect moral being, with no sinful attributes such has human vanity or arrogance. God is completely Holy, wise, perfect, righteous, and great; therefore He is unable to be vane or arrogant.

Think about it, God is stuck being amazingly beautiful, perfectly wise, completely Holy and righteous; therefore, it is natural for Him to be the center of the universe. All life is centered around Him, because He created all life and sustains life. He is worthy of praise, honor, adoration, and our 100% loyalty. The creatures who have been granted spiritual eyes to see this reality, naturally respond with praise and honor to God. It is natural for the Christian to marvel at the glory of God, because it is marvelous to behold. It is the only natural response that we have because we were designed to worship God for our own personal joy.

You are correct to attribute sinful vanity and arrogance to Satan, because He is trying to replace the One Supreme being (God) with himself. Since Satan is described as darkness and the father of lie, he is deceiving the creatures to follow and worship him. The great lie and deception of Satan is that the creatures will find pleasure in following the ways of Satan by rebelling against God. The great lie is trying to find lasting pleasure apart from God. These are man-made idols that will never satisfy to soul. These idols come in forms of self worship, material goods, and even man-centered religions. This list of idols can go on forever.

The creature was made to fellowship with our Creator by glorifying and enjoying Him forever. By fulfilling the purpose of glorifying and enjoying God forever, the creature receives the greatest joy and pleasure that one is able to obtain. Worshiping anything other than God, leaves the soul unsatisfied and discontent. When we do that, God calls those things idols and a lie, because they never eternally satisfy.

god is a narcissist? praise me i am almighty and powerful muahhhh -- this is scary to think that people buy into this myth that there is god and he commands you to never take credit for anything but give him all the glory --

i am sorry but human decency PRECEDED the bible -- it aint like god invented it

Special Revelation

god is a narcissist? praise me i am almighty and powerful muahhhh -- this is scary to think that people buy into this myth that there is god and he commands you to never take credit for anything but give him all the glory --

i am sorry but human decency PRECEDED the bible -- it aint like god invented it

God doesn't need mankind's praise and worship! Praise and worship is the only appropriate response to those who know Him as Father.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Special Revelation said:

See that is the problem I have with believing in God, He is perfect. A perfect God always does the right thing, ergo He knows his entire future. He knows all that will happen and nothing is ever new and exciting. Being God is boring and really if you could do anything, why do anything? If God did exist at some time, I believe He killed Himself (Pandeism).

Special Revelation

See that is the problem I have with believing in God, He is perfect. A perfect God always does the right thing, ergo He knows his entire future. He knows all that will happen and nothing is ever new and exciting. Being God is boring and really if you could do anything, why do anything? If God did exist at some time, I believe He killed Himself (Pandeism).

I told everyone that this website is not neutral. This website is a spiritual battleground. What Darkness calls good I call evil. What I call good, Darkness proclaims it to be evil. Satan is called father of lies for a reason.

Special Revelation

and where are the battles?

In the hearts and the minds of those who are participating on Relgiousfourms.com. There are many more battlefields around us...just be observant.

2 Corinthians 4

Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

BFD_Zayl

In the heart and the minds of those who are participating on Relgiousfourms.com. There are many more battlefields around us...just be observant.
I've neevr fought a battle here, this site is as neutral as they come, with equal rights and opportunities for all religions

kmkemp

I think you are making the mistake of equating a debate/argument with a battle. I don't think that is what he's getting at.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Special Revelation said:
I told everyone that this website is not neutral. This website is a spiritual battleground. What Darkness calls good I call evil. What I call good, Darkness proclaims it to be evil. Satan is called father of lies for a reason.

How typically black and white of you (and how insulting). I never proclaimed your good to be evil. I merely said that I think God would be boring. If you want to go to some boring heaven where all the people smile and everything is "perfect" so be it. I will not berate you. Merely understand that I do not call humanity sinful and deserving of hellfire for being creative and for making mistakes. I like our mistakes. Mistakes make us human and I love humanity. If Satan is a being which embraces individuality, creativity, and indulgance then I want to give him a hug.

Hail Satan!