• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God defined by what He did than by His features.

Pachomius

Dear Salix, read the title of this thread.

Here, I will bring it to you:

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Pachomius, Tuesday at 4:28 AM.​

The thread is about defining the word God by focusing on God's deeds, instead of His features.

Your question is about Who created God?

You should have read the whole thread before posting here.

Just the same, if you are asking me, then I will tell you:

You start a new thread here in philosophy, on Who created God, and I will meet you there, okay?

My question was clear. Answer it or don't.

This isn't your lawn. Don't tell me how to play on it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Dear Salix, read the title of this thread.

Here, I will bring it to you:

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Pachomius, Tuesday at 4:28 AM.​

The thread is about defining the word God by focusing on God's deeds, instead of His features.

Your question is about Who created God?

You should have read the whole thread before posting here.

Just the same, if you are asking me, then I will tell you:

You start a new thread here in philosophy, on Who created God, and I will meet you there, okay?

Nah. If you can’t answer my simple and very relevant question here, I’ll just gather up my toys and go play with someone who knows how to carry on a discussion.

Enjoy the crickets. :)

epronovost

Dear epro:

Cease and desist from evasions.

You allege that I commit an intrinsic contradiction in my argument for the existence of God, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

I am still waiting for you to produce a verbatim line from my posts, saying one thing, and another verbatim line from my posts, saying the exact opposite i.e. contrary thing.

Cease and desist from evasions.

***MOD EDIT***

Here we go again.

This is your argument: I am theist because I know that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

God cannot create the universe because causality is part of the universe in the same way your leg is part of your body. You can't cause causality. That's a self contradiction. So how can God exist in concept as the creator cause of the universe since he can't be the creator of the universe?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pachomius

Dear Salix, you have taken to flight.

You care to ask the question Who created God?

But you to my suspicion never yourself do any honest genuine intelligent thinking to answer your own question.

I am challenging you to start a new thread in philosophy for you to ask the question, Who created God?

And I will meet you there, but you have taken to flight.

If you ever have the initiative to start a thread on your question, Who created God, then it should be very easy for you to answer your own question: for you declare to the whole world, that it is "my (your) simple ... question."

Why take to flight when it is for you a simple question to answer, Who created God?

Nah. If you can’t answer my simple and very relevant question here, I’ll just gather up my toys and go play with someone who knows how to carry on a discussion.

Enjoy the crickets. :)

Pachomius

Dear epro, abstain from getting scornful to cover your ignorance and confusion.

You have not produced two verbatim lines from my posts, where I say something affirmatively in one line, and in another line I say the same thing in the opposite direction.

You keep harping about causality, where I am into intrinsic contradiction, in which case you are completely dishonest: as you have not produced a verbatim line from my posts, where I state that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, and in another line, I say that God in concept is NOT the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Anyway, let us work on concurring our thoughts about causality.

Let you start with a statement about causality, and ask me whether I concur with it.

Or you want me to ask you first?

Good grace, you are one very stupid human being.

Here we go again.

This is your argument: I am theist because I know that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

God cannot create the universe because causality is part of the universe in the same way your leg is part of your body. You can't cause causality. That's a self contradiction. So how can God exist in concept as the creator cause of the universe since he can't be the creator of the universe?

epronovost

Dear epro, abstain from getting scornful to cover your ignorance and confusion.

You have not produced two verbatim lines from my posts, where I say something affirmatively in one line, and in another line I say the same thing in the opposite direction.

"God created the universe" is a contradiction in and on itself. You don't need two sentences to make a contradictions.That single line, is a self-contradiction and you wrote it.

Pachomius

"God created the universe" is a contradiction in and on itself. - epro​

Please explain.

"God created the universe" is a contradiction in and on itself. You don't need two sentences to make a contradictions.That single line, is a self-contradiction and you wrote it.

epronovost

"God created the universe" is a contradiction in and on itself. - epro​

Please explain.

I did, several times, what precisely didn't you understand?

Causality is a component of the universe; you cannot cause causality; thus you cannot cause the universe (or at least not all of it). What don't you understand?

Pachomius

From epro:

(1) Causality is a component of the universe; (2) you cannot cause causality; (3) thus you cannot cause the universe (or at least not all of it). (4)What don't you understand?

On (1) No comment.

On (2) Give an example of causing causality.

On (3) Obviously I am not causing the universe.

On (4) You have not explained at all why the statement, "God created the universe" is a contradiction in and on itself.

I did, several times, what precisely didn't you understand?

Causality is a component of the universe; you cannot cause causality; thus you cannot cause the universe (or at least not all of it). What don't you understand?

epronovost

]On (2) Give an example of causing causality.

You are your mother's father.

If you create the universe you are the cause of the universe. How is the statement "God created the universe" not a causal relationship?

On (4) You have not explained at all why the statement, "God created the universe" is a contradiction in and on itself.

I did. Read it again. You cannot cause causality, thus you cannot cause the universe.[/QUOTE]

Pachomius

Dear epro:

It is impossibe to understand your kind of thinking and writing.

Anyway, I still don't see any explanation at all: why you say that God created the universe is a contradictory statement in itself.

What is contradicting what? in the sentence, God created the universe.

My very serious suspicion is that you are into pure nonsense talk altogether.

Your aim is to make yourself so dense purposely, in order to avoid facing the fact: that you have nothing at all of any valid objection to my statement, that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

So, again, explain why you say that in this one sentence, God created the universe, there is a self-contradictory sentence in itself?

If you continue in this fashion, I have to inquire whether there is some kind of staff here in RF, that is in charge of calling out members here, who are just into making in effect a pig of the RF forum undertaking.

QUOTE="epronovost, post: 6672705, member: 67586"]
Pachomius said:

]On (2) Give an example of causing causality.
You are your mother's father.

If you create the universe you are the cause of the universe. How is the statement "God created the universe" not a causal relationship?

I did. Read it again. You cannot cause causality, thus you cannot cause the universe.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a scientist who is just a human like the rest of us says every state has its beginning, it is because it owns its own end also.

The contradiction.....there is no beginning and no end.

If there was a beginning, we would not exist.
And if there was an end, we also would not exist.

Each presence is present meaning it exists right here and now, it does not exist anywhere else.

Which is when science then tries to convince us between 2 self expressed brain mind conscious living conditions.....natural light 12 and night time sky clear not burning 12 also.

Both are gases, one side is burning and the other is not.

All quotes of dark, belong to night time sky as a consciousness.
All quotes of light, belong to day time sky burning gas as a consciousness.

There is nothing else, other than human sex for human babies.

There is nothing else to claim why animals live at our side in the same owned life conditions…..for animals also have sex.

The longest bio life in natural light is the life of a tree....and so no human can argue against it. The tree.

epronovost

Dear epro:

It is impossibe to understand your kind of thinking and writing.

Anyway, I still don't see any explanation at all: why you say that God created the universe is a contradictory statement in itself.

What is contradicting what? in the sentence, God created the universe.

My very serious suspicion is that you are into pure nonsense talk altogether.

Your aim is to make yourself so dense purposely, in order to avoid facing the fact: that you have nothing at all of any valid objection to my statement, that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

So, again, explain why you say that in this one sentence, God created the universe, there is a self-contradictory sentence in itself?

Okay we will take things very very slowly.

A) Do you agree that when someone says "God created the universe" that person means that God created everything about and in the universe itself? I would say yes.

B) Do you agree that being the creator of something equates beingg the cause of something, thus created and caused are synonimous.

C) Do you agree that causality is a part of the universe. I would say yes. Causality is a characteristic of the universe thus it's part of the universe.

Would you agree that if you agree with A, B and C like I do, that the statement "God created the universe" means that God created causality since causality is part of the universe.

You can't cause causality. That's a self contradiction. Thus "God created the universe" is also a self contradiction because you cannot cause the universe.

If you continue in this fashion, I have to inquire whether there is some kind of staff here in RF, that is in charge of calling out members here, who are just into making in effect a pig of the RF forum undertaking.

Knock yourself out. Be careful it doesn't backfire on you though.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I am theist because I know that God exists,

I believe in God, but no as a fallible human I do not ;now' God exists In concept

. . .as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Well, ah . . . if you refer to everything this would include God. There is no evidence everything has a beginning. As A Theist I believe our physical existence is eternal with God as the attributes of God.

How do I prove that such a God exists?

There is no way to prove God exists or not.

Simple: Because man and the universe and everything with a beginning did not create themselves, it follows that God exists, in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning. [/quot

That is the only ultimately valid explanation for the existence of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Actually the Metaphysical Naturalist there is sufficient evidence that Natural Laws and the Quantum World containing our universe and all possible universes are possibly eternal. There is no evidence that an outside source is necessary.

The bottom line is causality is possibly Natural