• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Bows Down To Donald Trump

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This means that you have much in common with many Republicans.
So I recommend more attacks upon policies you oppose than on people.
(I'm here to help.)

That's the problem with the two party system, it clusters together things that are otherwise unrelated and now we have this tribal sports team mentality that we've invested our egos, emotions, and identity into. I admit to being guilty of this. Most people probably have more in common than they do differences.
But when it does come to the differences, smug willful ignorance frustrates me greatly, hence my trollish tenancies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's the problem with the two party system, it clusters together things that are otherwise unrelated and now we have this tribal sports team mentality that we've invested our egos, emotions, and identity into. I admit to being guilty of this. Most people probably have more in common than they do differences.
But when it does come to the differences, smug willful ignorance frustrates me greatly, hence my trollish tenancies.
Tribalism.....it often puts me to the right of Reagan & to the left of Kennedy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Being left leaning, I often get slathered with the SJW brush. As a republican, I assume people have painted you as a bible thumper a few times?
I've never been a Republican or Democrat.
Shortly after voting for McGovern in 72, I joined the Libertarian Party.
Their candidates get about 90% of my votes.

I've been attacked as a creationist by one poster here.
I think it was the result of being charitable towards
fundies...perhaps defending them as not being
stupid & dishonest. Defending a group against false
attacks can make one appear to be of the group, eh.
(That was a very odd exchange.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The singular representing the whole was the stated point of the OP.
Or....was it carefully phrased to say that, but with plausibility deniability?
Let's see....

I strongly suspect Poe in both cases.
To worry over such things representing a larger
reality is at best a waste of effort, & at worst to
whip the tribe up into an irrational frenzy as a
bonding ritual.
Perhaps the latter is the real intent in such threads, eh.

Well, sure, they want to rile up the masses into an irrational frenzy. Both sides do this to some extent.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well reasoned.

However, the issue is her stupidity as judged by a plethora of stupid statements.

One can say she is simply uninformed, but the stupidity factor still applies because of her arrogance in not grasping she is uninformed, which is stupid.

Why she has become so influential in the democrat party both amazes and seriously puzzles me.

Has the stupid wing of the party taken control?

I have absolutely no idea. As a Republican however, I hope the trend continues.

I think the Democratic Party compromised its principles decades ago. That may be why AOC and "The Squad" gained early fame.

I grew up with a lot of admiration for the Democrats, such as Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Truman, JFK, and even the much-maligned Jimmy Carter. I'd still pick Carter over Clinton any day. I think Bill and Hillary represented a different class of Democrat, and they ended up setting the tone for other Democrats to follow (such as Gore, Kerry, Obama, Biden, etc.). Democrats like Jerry Brown and Ralph Nader were marginalized by their own party.

But I think diminishing returns are finally setting in, which may explain why AOC became popular and why Sanders has also enjoyed a surge in popularity (when he was mostly an unknown throughout most of his career). The Democrats need to get back to the basics and stop kissing up to the Hollywood elite and the limousine liberals. That's been their main problem these past decades. It may have worked for Clinton and Obama, but those eras have passed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, sure, they want to rile up the masses into an irrational frenzy. Both sides do this to some extent.
True dat....each tries to see only the worst in the other.
Alas, I can't do that, since I find agreement with people
on both sides....on an issue by issue basis.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
True date....each tries to see only the worst in the other.
Alas, I can't do that, since I find agreement with people
on both sides....on an issue by issue basis.

It's kind of fascinating, in a way. Some people just have a certain way about themselves, whether it's what they're saying, how they're saying it, what kind of tone they're using. It's almost like an artform, how some people can just work up a crowd into a frenzy. "Rabble rousers" they're often called.

It's funny, because I've read where most people's biggest fear is speaking in front of a group of people, yet there are those who are just the opposite, who can get in front of a group of people and turn them into a witch-burning mob in a matter of minutes.

Hitler is an example of this. Here's a guy who had no real schooling, no real background or experience in politics. Everything he had done in life previously was a failure. And yet, just through the power of his voice and oratorical skill, he was able to gain absolute power. It's both fascinating and frightening to contemplate how it can actually happen.

Of course, our system is different, yet a politician has to still have a certain style and form when they're delivering speeches and addressing crowds at political rallies. That seems to be a major factor which can make or break a political candidate, possibly even more so than their qualifications, experience, or track record.

whirlingmerc

Finally someone has los cojones to come out with the truth.

86500934_3165163723513499_6093576711960526848_n.jpg

Speaks volumes about the GOP mind.
yahoo-animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

You're dealing with a caricature of conservatives