• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God as moral compass

janesix

I believe that God is our "moral compass", our conscience. I don't believe God is the creator. I don't believe there is a "creator" God. There is a hierarchy of consciousnesses,or holons. Like there are ants and then higher up, the hive mind that organizes, I also believe humans have a hive mind, or species mind. This is not God, God is at uppermost level of the hierarchy of consciousness.

Thoughts on these ideas?

joe1776

You must have reasons for your belief, but you don't tell us what they are. I can only say that those thoughts have never occurred to me.

janesix

You must have reasons for your belief, but you don't tell us what they are. I can only say that those thoughts have never occurred to me.
Have you ever seen a termite nest? SOMETHING as to organize it's building and repair.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe that God is our "moral compass", our conscience. I don't believe God is the creator. I don't believe there is a "creator" God. There is a hierarchy of consciousnesses,or holons. Like there are ants and then higher up, the hive mind that organizes, I also believe humans have a hive mind, or species mind. This is not God, God is at uppermost level of the hierarchy of consciousness.

Thoughts on these ideas?

What is the role of consciousness and why set it as a heirarchy?

janesix

Consciousness organizes. There has to be a hierarchy, as individuals cannot organize entire groups, such as in an ant hill or termite nest. Any individual in a nest can do any job(except for breeding)How do they know exactly what to do? There msut be a species mind.

David T

Premium Member
Seems its rooted in the subconscious with no awareness of the subconscious. I don't know myself why this is but it seems vaguely familiar!!! Like I have seen it but I am not sure where! A great "scientific" emperical eyeball study of it is needed though....we can observe it objectively detached from it then we can really understand it.
download (6).jpeg

janesix

I understood your analogy of the hive mind, but why do you think the analogy works to explain human existence?

Buildings are placed in alignments that are too exact and over too long of spans of time for individual humans to have placed them there. There is something bigger going on.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Consciousness organizes. There has to be a hierarchy, as individuals cannot organize entire groups, such as in an ant hill or termite nest. Any individual in a nest can do any job(except for breeding)How do they know exactly what to do? There msut be a species mind.

Some people dont work in heirarchy but as a community. Everyone has a role but no person in that community considers him/herself with more authority than another.

This is interesting: collective vs. Individualist cultures

They take heirarchy out work as a group.

Consciousness doesnt need to be higher. I dont understand how thats different than mudame. What does higher mean in relationship to contiousness?

janesix

Some people dont work in heirarchy but as a community. Everyone has a role but no person in that community considers him/herself with more authority than another.

This is interesting: collective vs. Individualist cultures

They take heirarchy out work as a group.

Consciousness doesnt need to be higher. I dont understand how thats different than mudame. What does higher mean in relationship to contiousness?
I am getting at the point that there are levels to consciousness. I mean higher as in an upper level. Our species mind works at an unconscious level to us.

WalterTrull

Godfella

Thoughts on these ideas?
Interesting views. I understand how you would get those notions, I just don't buy them. Back up and look at the forest for a while.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Thoughts on these ideas?
Are you saying that God guides your conscience, or that you've decided to call your conscience "God?"

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Like there are ants and then higher up, the hive mind that organizes, I also believe humans have a hive mind, or species mind. This is not God, God is at uppermost level of the hierarchy of consciousness.

I believe all `has` consciousness as it's "root". What you call "hive mind" for species I also see bigger. When I have a certain thought, which goes in "human hive mind", I am pretty confident, out of observation, that the ants are tuned in at "my hive mind". Because If entertain a violent thought they start running. Can be coincidence. But now, with "hive mind" in thought i will do some experimenting soon.

For sure I know there is a "knowledge hive" where we can get our information from. So many times I was desperate to get information regarding my health, nobody was able to give, so I had to rely on this "knowledge hive". So for sure this exists. That's why clearvoyance and clearaudio are a natural phenomena for all to "tune in". Just you need to find your particular "wavelength".

janesix

I believe all `has` consciousness as it's "root". What you call "hive mind" for species I also see bigger. When I have a certain thought, which goes in "human hive mind", I am pretty confident, out of observation, that the ants are tuned in at "my hive mind". Because If entertain a violent thought they start running. Can be coincidence. But now, with "hive mind" in thought i will do some experimenting soon.

For sure I know there is a "knowledge hive" where we can get our information from. So many times I was desperate to get information regarding my health, nobody was able to give, so I had to rely on this "knowledge hive". So for sure this exists. That's why clearvoyance and clearaudio are a natural phenomena for all to "tune in". Just you need to find your particular "wavelength".
Yes, I believe we can tune into it. And it can tune into us.

Thoughts on these ideas?

Which God do you use as a moral compass why is that God a better moral compass than all other God's. In my opinion morality is nothing more than economics. Almost every person you ask would say stealing is wrong, but millions of people illegally download content everyday because the risk of getting caught is less than the reward of a successful download. A person can say the believe whatever they want, but the actual choices they make will always be driven by risk vs reward.

Last time I checked the bible says premarital sex is wrong and immoral, yet everyday millions of Christians make the economical decision.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Which God do you use as a moral compass why is that God a better moral compass than all other God's. In my opinion morality is nothing more than economics. Almost every person you ask would say stealing is wrong, but millions of people illegally download content everyday because the risk of getting caught is less than the reward of a successful download. A person can say the believe whatever they want, but the actual choices they make will always be driven by risk vs reward.

Last time I checked the bible says premarital sex is wrong and immoral, yet everyday millions of Christians make the economical decision.

Nice reality check, I like that. Thanks.

Christians call themselves Christians because they "follow Jesus". How many Christians there are nowadays? Would be an interesting poll.