• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and this world?

This world with all its good and evil, suffering, with all its believers and disbelievers...

• Is exactly how God want it to be

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Is not how God wanted it to be, but God wanted it to be much better

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • God does not care about this world and has left it to itself

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • There is No God

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Once upon a time, there was a God, but God died

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about these stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Else,.. please describe

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Many people were always searching beyond this world to fulfil their needs. Seeking a God to fill voids was never a purely intellectual choice. Existential dread and forgiveness to a burdened conscience drives people toward God. Some people just want more than the world can offer and are inspired by their own vision of God.

On the flip side some people are merely using the religion for self serving reasons.

I don't believe in God because experience and science reveals that nature and the universe is totally indifferent to life, and there's no harmony, balance, and nothing ideal about nature. There's no evidence that a grande purpose exists in this world. If anything science has made life to be very liveable, and without science this world would be a savage circumstance with desperate survival the norm.

The thing about seeking truth is that if you really want truth then there are a lot of harsh realities to face up to. Evil is a horrible thing, and it must be contended with. Ignorance is something to battle against as well. The unknown also takes courage to face and explore.

DNB

Christian
Is this World how God wanted it to be, or God wished it was different, but it turned out like this?
If God made the world, then by necessity, throughout all its stages and transformations, it is exactly how God wanted it, for better or for worse - for man.
If we are in a cursed and corrupted phase of God's plan for the earth, it is precisely what God wanted, and for the best of reasons.
God is sovereign and supreme, nothing happens on earth without his knowledge, consent or desire. Nor, does whatever occurs on this planet that has been precipitated by man, or any other creature, impede or disrupt God's divine and perfect will.

All will be resolved and justified (righteousness will be rewarded, and wickedness condemned), when God decides that the time is right - after He has given enough time and opportunity for the defiant and depraved to repent.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
As I believe that God is the Synverse, a combination of ultimate nature and ultimate humanity, I believe that the human side of things is always looking to improve the conditions laid upon the Synverse as the result of natural forces. So I’d answer the first option if we are talking strictly on the natural side, but the second option if we are talking about the human side. But since humans are ultimately what we are referring to, I’m going to answer with that. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our livelihoods. Ultimately God wants us to develop technology that will do everything for us and we’ll just be the Universal superintendent. That’s ultimately one of the ways we have to turn up the energy of the Universe, to make it a living organism, the very same way we are.

InvestigateTruth

Many people were always searching beyond this world to fulfil their needs. Seeking a God to fill voids was never a purely intellectual choice. Existential dread and forgiveness to a burdened conscience drives people toward God. Some people just want more than the world can offer and are inspired by their own vision of God.

On the flip side some people are merely using the religion for self serving reasons.

I don't believe in God because experience and science reveals that nature and the universe is totally indifferent to life, and there's no harmony, balance, and nothing ideal about nature. There's no evidence that a grande purpose exists in this world. If anything science has made life to be very liveable, and without science this world would be a savage circumstance with desperate survival the norm.

The thing about seeking truth is that if you really want truth then there are a lot of harsh realities to face up to. Evil is a horrible thing, and it must be contended with. Ignorance is something to battle against as well. The unknown also takes courage to face and explore.
Does Scriptures describes what the purpose of God is, for creating this world?

InvestigateTruth

As I believe that God is the Synverse, a combination of ultimate nature and ultimate humanity, I believe that the human side of things is always looking to improve the conditions laid upon the Synverse as the result of natural forces. So I’d answer the first option if we are talking strictly on the natural side, but the second option if we are talking about the human side. But since humans are ultimately what we are referring to, I’m going to answer with that. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our livelihoods. Ultimately God wants us to develop technology that will do everything for us and we’ll just be the Universal superintendent. That’s ultimately one of the ways we have to turn up the energy of the Universe, to make it a living organism, the very same way we are.
Do you consider the possibility of life after death?

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Do you consider the possibility of life after death?
I don’t just consider it, I very much believe in it. My idea of life after death is: a long period of nonexistence, followed by a return to form, being resurrected in a new, physical body, with a lot more knowledge and ultimately having a goal of controlling an entire galaxy that will eventually be upgraded to a universe then later a multiverse, in accordance to the Kardashev Scale, in a timespan of hundreds, if not, thousands of years into the future. There’s between 80-120 billion people that have ever existed and two trillion galaxies in just the observable universe, and we have the fortunate goal of making as much life from that as possible.

osgart

Does Scriptures describes what the purpose of God is, for creating this world?
I have found nothing that convinces me that there is any grande purpose to existence. The Scriptures say it is to serve God with all your heart, mind, and soul. Yet if God is revealed in Scripture God doesn't come across as loving, nor competent in creation. That God is definitely a human invention.

InvestigateTruth

I have found nothing that convinces me that there is any grande purpose to existence. The Scriptures say it is to serve God with all your heart, mind, and soul. Yet if God is revealed in Scripture God doesn't come across as loving, nor competent in creation. That God is definitely a human invention.
Does your scripture say that, this world is like a school?

InvestigateTruth

Good and evil? I think you may have jumped to a conclusion about life. "Hey, that's life." is a better explanation, in my view.
Please explain when dictators like Saddam, or terrorist groups like ISIS, and Sam bin laden do what they do, that is not evil.

osgart

Does your scripture say that, this world is like a school?
It says to study to show thyself approved. This world is no school. A person constantly has to make good choices or face severe consequences.

Do you find scripture edifying? How so?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Please explain when dictators like Saddam, or terrorist groups like ISIS, and Sam bin laden do what they do, that is not evil.
You believe in evil. Good and bad are essential to the Abrahamic paradigm. "Me good, you bad." "I right. You wrong." It's a simplistic paradigm that rarely looks any deeper than this simplistic conclusion. I am not of that paradigm. ISIS, Saddam, whomever you think is evil, they themselves think they are good. If not, plese find me a quote by and of them that basically says, 'I'm evil'. In Iran, many Iranians think that the Baha'i are evil.
(I have very low expectations of you grasping this.)

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Was undecided between "there is no god" and "else". Chose 'else' in the end. While I see no reason at all to think there is a god, one cannot rule some sort of god out completely, however, I think the state of the world is fundamentally incompatible with the idea of an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent god.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I don't know whether there is a God or not, but most likely the world would have turned out as it is whether any God intervened or didn't, given there will be as many plausible explanations (and downright silly ones) coming from humans to explain this. But if we study all life and not just human life, and the little we know of our history, then it makes more sense to me that with the conditions existing on Earth and our timeline, it all looks rather natural. And if so, then one must assume that if God was involved then this is what was intended. Not a pretty sight in my view - especially the religious bits. :oops:

InvestigateTruth

You believe in evil. Good and bad are essential to the Abrahamic paradigm. "Me good, you bad." "I right. You wrong." It's a simplistic paradigm that rarely looks any deeper than this simplistic conclusion. I am not of that paradigm. ISIS, Saddam, whomever you think is evil, they themselves think they are good. If not, plese find me a quote by and of them that basically says, 'I'm evil'. In Iran, many Iranians think that the Baha'i are evil.
(I have very low expectations of you grasping this.)
But you can judge. In fact those who believe in Reincarnation, say, the reason this person is poor or suffering is due to doing wrong is past life. Or this dog, used to be a human in past lives, and he became a dog, because of the wrong doings in past life.