• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and this world?

This world with all its good and evil, suffering, with all its believers and disbelievers...

• Is exactly how God want it to be

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Is not how God wanted it to be, but God wanted it to be much better

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • God does not care about this world and has left it to itself

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • There is No God

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Once upon a time, there was a God, but God died

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about these stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Else,.. please describe

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Treasure Hunter

I don't know what you mean. If you let your kids play in the mud, does it mean you have no authority?

All I am saying is that God does not interfere with your exercise of freewill. But whatever you do will eventually be paid for by your karma.

But I don't think God wants there to be so much evil in world. Evil is produced by humanity's own selfishness. Once people stop being that selfish, evil will diminish.
If your children misbehave, you bear responsibility. Even taking into account free will, God is responsible for evil and death. Otherwise, he is not truly sovereign.

Treasure Hunter

That makes no sense at all, other that it tells my you seem to think you know more about me than I do. It's all good.
Look, there is value in spending time in that place of no judgment or no discernment, but you cannot interact with reality from that place. You act out truth-based beliefs no matter what you consciously tell yourself. You will see the deception once you face enough reality checks to crumble it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Is this World how God wanted it to be, or God wished it was different, but it turned out like this?
How God wanted is what is recorded at Gen. 2:17 Don't eat the forbidden fruit. Live forever in perfect health if obedient.
Once Adam chose to break the Law of the Land (of Eden) his body broke down and that started the suffering ,etc. in this world.
Since we are all born after Adam deliberately disobeyed then our leanings became like father Adam's leanings towards wrongdoing.
Because God sent Jesus to Earth to undo the damage Satan and Adam caused is why this world will be changed by Jesus.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid this world of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
Then, under Christ, Earth will become a beautiful paradisical earth as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
Jesus to come and will bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Rev. 22:2; 1st Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
If your children misbehave, you bear responsibility. Even taking into account free will, God is responsible for evil and death. Otherwise, he is not truly sovereign.
God is definitely responsible for the universe and according to God's plan, good will eventually triumph over evil. However, the rate of this transformation and time taken for elimination of evil, is entirely up to humanity. Since God is beyond space and time, whether this transformation takes a decade or several centuries is pretty much the same for him. Actually, I believe it is only a matter of a few decades that evil is eliminated (more or less) on Earth. However, how fast this occurs depends on humanity.

Treasure Hunter

God is definitely responsible for the universe and according to God's plan, good will eventually triumph over evil. However, the rate of this transformation and time taken for elimination of evil, is entirely up to humanity. Since God is beyond space and time, whether this transformation takes a decade or several centuries is pretty much the same for him. Actually, I believe it is only a matter of a few decades that evil is eliminated (more or less) on Earth. However, how fast this occurs depends on humanity.
Amen.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Is this World how God wanted it to be…
In the model prayer at Matthew 6:9,10, Jesus said to “pray…”Let Thy Will be done on Earth…”

If we’re to pray for it, then obviously, what is currently going on, is not His will.
…or God wished it was different, but it turned out like this?
The issue of Sovereignty — IOW, can mankind rule themselves, or is it better if God rules over them — that was raised in Genesis 3, and given validity when A&E rebelled, is still going on.

Since A&E chose independence from God, He has left mankind (and the planet) pretty much to their own rulership schemes (and the planet to its own forces and processes). Without intervening. (Except He has protected groups of those who want His rulership.)

The issue will soon be settled: it seems mankind really can’t rule themselves successfully, because men are now “ruining” the Earth. Revelation 11:18

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
If your children misbehave, you bear responsibility.
Only if you teach your children to misbehave, you may bear responsibility. But only up to a certain age.

Example: your 20-yr-old son kills someone. Who goes to jail? You?
We’ll even say he’s living under your roof… who goes to jail? You?

Your might have a point, if God taught us to “misbehave”. Does He? No. In fact, the book He authored, counsels us to do just the opposite: to love people…be kind.

Your attempt to place blame on God, fails.

Free Will is a wonderful gift, but it must be used in the correct manner, with wisdom, and a compassionate conscience. Used with selfishness in mind, it’s harmful… to others, and to ourselves.

Take care.

Treasure Hunter

Only if you teach your children to misbehave, you may bear responsibility. But only up to a certain age.

Example: your 20-yr-old son kills someone. Who goes to jail? You?
We’ll even say he’s living under your roof… who goes to jail? You?

Your might have a point, if God taught us to “misbehave”. Does He? No. In fact, the book He authored, counsels us to do just the opposite: to love people…be kind.

Your attempt to place blame on God, fails.

Free Will is a wonderful gift, but it must be used in the correct manner, with wisdom, and a compassionate conscience. Used with selfishness in mind, it’s harmful… to others, and to ourselves.

Take care.
God is a co-author of everyone’s life. Just because he isn’t the one who directly authors every specific evil, he wrote evil into the story and his name is on the front cover.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Is this World how God wanted it to be, or God wished it was different, but it turned out like this?
”Else”

I believe that things are as they must be.

If life is the result of an unfolding “code” (laws of physics, book of life, etc. - a notion of many faces that goes by many different names) and consciousness is to understand its extent (in order to properly assess/judge and adjust it); the “code” must run its course and all that is possible within it, must be experienced - at some point by someone, somewhere.

D61522ED-2EDF-4EEE-B22D-9A0D0FBB38F9.jpeg

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
God is a co-author of everyone’s life.
What is your source for this statement?
I find just the opposite; the NASB 1995 at Deuteronomy 32:5 says:

“They have acted corruptly toward Him, They are not His children, because of their defect; But are a perverse and crooked generation.
Just because he isn’t the one who directly authors every specific evil, he wrote evil into the story…
That’s due to Free Will, nothing else. He doesn’t want people to worship Him because they’re robots or automatons, because they have to…He wants people to worship Him because they want to. It’s part of what makes Him “rejoice”. — Proverbs 27:1.
Automatons, who don’t make their own choices, can’t ‘make His heart rejoice.’

Aren’t you glad you have Free Will? I know I am! I try to use it wisely. I don’t always succeed, though. I’ve made some pretty stupid choices.
…and his name is on the front cover.
What is His name? Most people don’t even know that much.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I suppose one could say 'depends on the humanity of the figurative humble 'sheep' at the coming time of separation as found at Matt. 25:31-34,37
Since we are nearing the ' final phase ' of declaring about God's kingdom on an international global scale the time is at hand - Matt. 24:14; Acts 1:8
Jesus comes by ' surprise ' so this could be almost anytime now - 1st Thess. 5:2-3.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of wicked humanity - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
Jeremiah 29:11 gives us the ideas that God has a future purpose for righteous humanity, a future and a hope. - Matt. 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11
The hope as to why we are all invited to pray the invitation to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Jesus to come and bring HEALING to earth's nations - Rev. 22:2; Isaiah 33:24; 1st Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8; Isaiah chapter 35

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God is a co-author of everyone’s life. Just because he isn’t the one who directly authors every specific evil, he wrote evil into the story and his name is on the front cover.
'evil into the story' or rather the story 'explains the evil' - Genesis 2:17
The ' evil ' would be ' death ' ( the story teaches the death penalty for breaking the Law of the Garden of Eden )
God authored 'everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth' for righteous mankind.- Matt. 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11
I don't find God's name (YHWH) on the front cover. I find Holy Bible or Holy Scriptures on His front cover.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In Eden, the evil, the bad, was: death (Gen 2:17)
Because we are all born after father Adam's downfall is why there is inherited evil (sin) from fallen Adam that brings death in the world.
The passing of time has allowed for us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
Otherwise, we simply would not be here, and Not have the opportunity for everlasting life as was offered to Adam before his downfall.
Satan was a son of God. Jesus was a Son of God. Out of those two one did Not misbehave.
The behaving Son (aka Jesus) shows that God is responsible for everlasting life for obedient children even if Methuselah's age (Gen 5:27)