• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and the Law

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If Jesus knew he was going to get out of the whole "death is kinda permanent" thing, it's not a sacrifice at all. It's more like a politician getting a picture taken of him washing clean dishes...

What Jesus sacrificed was living on Earth.
What Jesus sacrificed was his sinless life.
What Jesus sacrificed was that his sinless life would be a ransom for us.
Adam put us in the Pawn Shop of Death.
We needed someone from the outside to pay to set us free.
We can Not resurrect oneself or another so we need someone who can do that for us.
So, Jesus' sinless life was a ransom price Paid in Full for us to get us out of the Pawn Shop of Death - Matthew 20:28.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The "suffering christ" jive the church came up with is probably some other god. :)

The other ' god ' in Scripture I find is the ' god ' of this world of badness aka Satan according to 2 Corinthians 4:4.
The main reason why God sent Jesus to Earth was the settle the issue raised when Adam rejected God as Sovereign. Satan raised questions: Was there something wrong with the way man was created? Was it possible for sinless Adam to uphold God's sovereignty regardless of pressure put upon him from Satan? Would mankind prove to be better off independent of God's rule (Golden Rule for example)? To answer such questions would require time. Time for us to be born, and time to think who we would want as Sovereign over us. Time shows God's Golden Rule is the right was of governing beside Jesus' New commandment of John 13:34-34 to have self-sacrificing love for others as he has. So a suffering Christ, a suffering Job (Job 2:4-5), is Not 'jive' but to help settle Satan's challenge to all of us that to 'touch our flesh' (loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus proved Satan a liar and so can we.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
using that logic, everyone would. God doesn't play favorites.

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

the bible mentions Jesus had to overcome certain things; and it also mentions others would too.

Revelation 3:21
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

i find it very, very hard to believe that jesus didn't make mistakes; especially given his need to pray the Our Father

Luke 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Abel, Enoch, Noah, Job, Abraham, Melchizedek, et al were considered righteous men. being a righteous man, tzaddik is no small feat.

Matthew 23:35
That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

children are not responsible for the sins of their parents. if that were the case then Jesus wasn't sinless.

sounds like the game was rigged. God doesn't play favorites. that would be prejudicial and injustice. to be righteous requires justice. The Law cannot be prejudicial.

We can Not resurrect oneself or another so we need someone who can do that for us.
So, Jesus' sinless life was a ransom price Paid in Full for us to get us out of the Pawn Shop of Death - Matthew 20:28.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Battling Bible quotes? This is argumentation? Why is no-one quoting from Lord of the Rings or the Tao?
I think you need to establish some credibility for your sources before using them as evidence.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
'God and the Law' is a great subject, considering Yahweh's track record in the Tanakh ─

─ massacre and mass rape,
Leviticus 27-29
Numbers 31:9-18
Judges 21: 8-23

─ forced abortion and infanticide
Hosea 13:16

─ accepting human sacrifice
Genesis 22:9+
Judges 11,
2 Samuel 21,
Jonah 1:7-15;
NT Jesus

And so on

Quite a few questions of law in there.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
'God and the Law' is a great subject, considering Yahweh's track record in the Tanakh ─

Leviticus 27-29

Judges 11,
2 Samuel 21,
NT Jesus

And so on

welcome to rf. long time no see. been almost 2 yrs.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Leviticus 27-29
Judges 11,
2 Samuel 21,
NT Jesus
And so on

Which chapter of Leviticus do you have in mind.
Numbers 31 is vengeance on Midian (vs 1 to 12), after Balaam was killed, the rest is instructions for spoils of war.
Chapter 21 of Judges is about the tribe of Benjamin being saved.
At Hosea, I find at Hosea 13:1-16 that Idolatrous Ephraim forgot about God.
The expressions dashed to pieces and ripped open as in meaning ceasing to No longer exist as mentioned at Isaiah 7:8 B; Isaiah 13:16. The magnitude of that prophecy came true on October 5th, 539 BCE because the family name, the family line, was wiped out.
Genesis 22 is about Abraham's and Isaac's confidence in the resurrection.
Judges 11:38-49 shows the vow was that the daughter would be alive in God's service.
She would have annual visitors year to year ( verse 40 ).
2 Samuel 21 is about the Gibeonites avenged on King Saul's house, and the wars against the Philistines.
At Jonah 1:7-16 Jonah is the cause of the trouble, and that is why he is cast into the sea.
Jonah learned a valuable lesson while in ' whale university '.

Kelly of the Phoenix

But he's coming back, yes?

Dishonoring parents, theft, bigotry/racism, vandalism, assault ... what sinless life was there to sacrifice again?

So that's why Christians still sin, right? Because Jesus sinned despite claims otherwise, so the magic death thing didn't work?

According to whom? If Adam separated us from God, why can God talk to his kids just pages later?

We need a payor who will do more than talk a bit for a few years to one small group of people and then wait thousands of years before coming back for just a thousand.

"For God so loved the world, He sent His son who apparently must have something more pressing to do during eternity."

How did people come back to life in the OT?

I think you need to establish some credibility for your sources before using them as evidence.
I tried to quote the Holy Kermit to someone once, but I think the response was one of utter disinterest. :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But he's coming back, yes?
Dishonoring parents, theft, bigotry/racism, vandalism, assault ... what sinless life was there to sacrifice again?
So that's why Christians still sin, right? Because Jesus sinned despite claims otherwise, so the magic death thing didn't work?
According to whom? If Adam separated us from God, why can God talk to his kids just pages later?
We need a payor who will do more than talk a bit for a few years to one small group of people and then wait thousands of years before coming back for just a thousand.
"For God so loved the world, He sent His son who apparently must have something more pressing to do during eternity."
How did people come back to life in the OT?
I tried to quote the Holy Kermit to someone once, but I think the response was one of utter disinterest. :)

I find Kermit the Frog quotes to be of interest.

People came back to life in the OT (and in ALL the resurrections that Jesus performed) in healthy physical bodies.
Jesus was giving us a sample, a preview, a coming attraction of what he will be doing on a grand global scale at the time of Revelation 22:2. That is why we are all invited to pray for Jesus to come at Revelation 22:20.
Many old cemeteries have tombstones facing East. Non-Christians did that, and later professed Christians still put cemetery stones facing East. Originally East for the 'sun' god, then East for the 'Son' of God. Kind of like saying, "Jesus come and get me out of here". (of course, No remains are needed for a future resurrection).

Thousands of years were needed in order for all of us to be descendants of father Adam and mother Eve.
Jesus would Not come again until the future time of Revelation 1:10 ' the Lord's day ', the now soon coming ' time of separation' of Matthew 25:31-33,37.

God did talk to His 'kids' at Genesis 3:15. Right away God gave 'US' hope of a promised seed (Messiah) to come.