• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and the end of the world

drekmed

if God, or Allah, or anything else created everything, why would he/she/it create a universe let it go on certain amount of time and then simply end it before it has naturally ended?

assuming we were created by god there had to be a reason for that creation. whether it be for companionship, worship, or curiosity, wouldn't it make more sense to let everything take its natural course and let it end that way, or even change things to make it never end?

companionship: it would allow him to have more companions whether on earth or in an afterlife.
worship: once the universe and the people in it are gone nobody will be left to worship him
curiosity: just about everbodywant to see the ending of a movie, and unless a movie really sucks you won't walk out of it half way through.

anyway, just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone else out there has given it much thought. hopefully your thoughts are better than mine, i really suck at putting mine in writing in a coherant manner.

Drekmed

may

drekmed said:
if God, or Allah, or anything else created everything, why would he/she/it create a universe let it go on certain amount of time and then simply end it before it has naturally ended?

assuming we were created by god there had to be a reason for that creation. whether it be for companionship, worship, or curiosity, wouldn't it make more sense to let everything take its natural course and let it end that way, or even change things to make it never end?

companionship: it would allow him to have more companions whether on earth or in an afterlife.
worship: once the universe and the people in it are gone nobody will be left to worship him
curiosity: just about everbodywant to see the ending of a movie, and unless a movie really sucks you won't walk out of it half way through.

anyway, just wanted to put this out there to see if anyone else out there has given it much thought. hopefully your thoughts are better than mine, i really suck at putting mine in writing in a coherant manner.

Drekmed
not quite sure which way you want this thread to go , but it is my hope as one of JW that the earth will never be destroyed because it was not Gods purpose for the earth to end as the bible tells us
For all the days the earth continues, seed sowing and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, will never cease...Genesis 8;22

For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else....Isaiah 45;18......he did not create the earth for nothing but he gave it to the sons of man......as regards the heavens ,to Jehovah the heavens belong,but the earth he has given to the sons of men....psalm 115;16and it will stand forever..........he has founded the earth upon its established places,it will not be made to totter to time indefinate,or forever....psalm 104;5
You have solidly fixed the earth, that it may keep standing...psalm 119;90

A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite....Ecclesiastes 1;4so his purpose was for man to live on the earth forever with everlasting life in view for man himself ,and that purpose will be fullfilled

so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it....Isaiah 55;11

CMIYC

This is only to my understanding and is not reflective to any other beliefs. If god was to end everything, to us it would appear as a natural ending, same as it appeared as a natural beginning. In time everything has to return to its original form. God’s intent was to create more soles to serve him, it is by this disagreement that Lucifer turned against god..

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
drekmed said:

Drekmed
Drekmed;

If there is one thing that I have learned about the way in which we think about God, on this forum, it is:- God may have plans, but they are incomprehensible to us - for us to speculate on them has no validity, and is a 'waste' of time.

The Buddhist philosophy comes into play here, as well demonstrated by what I always see as the dictate of - the past is done - let go of it. The future is unknown, so don't bother to speculate; the present, the 'NOW' is the only bit of time which you can control, live it to the full, and try to be as good a person as you can be...........;)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
drekmed said:
Drekmed
A good illustriation of the modern disconnect between man and Nature. God is the personification of Nature. They're synonyms. "God ended" and "Naturally ended" are the same thing.

may

kimfuge said:
If God is the creator, can we really say what what He created personifies Himself?
well he did say that it was very good.....
For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable....romans 1;20

(Revelation 4:11) "You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He didn't personify Himself, Kimfuge, we personified Him. We made him in our own psychological, and sometimes physical image.

DreamQuickBook

In many Hindu and Heathen traditions, even the gods will pass away at the end of all things; then a new universe will be created and everything will start over again. New gods will be born and new life will occur.

Ulver

CMIYC said:
This is only to my understanding and is not reflective to any other beliefs. If god was to end everything, to us it would appear as a natural ending, same as it appeared as a natural beginning. In time everything has to return to its original form. God’s intent was to create more soles to serve him, it is by this disagreement that Lucifer turned against god..

If that "IS" the case then I'd side with Lucifer.

Jocose said:
In many Hindu and Heathen traditions, even the gods will pass away at the end of all things; then a new universe will be created and everything will start over again. New gods will be born and new life will occur.

A principle that seems to make more sense to me. The concept of death bringing about birth. The never-ending circle. The universe itself gives evidence to this in how when stars explode they leave the cosmic dust that will create new stars. The universe is like a Phoenix.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi drekmed,

drekmed said:

* everything in the universe has a beginning and an end.
for example, there is no such thing remain forever in this life whether we human beings, animals, plants, things or anything comes up to your mind has a beginning and has an end as same as the earth which has a limit or a period of surviving on it then the life will stop on this earth just because it's already have been decided by God when it will be end and he created the earth and what is on the earth according to it because he is capable of knowing and aware of everything.

drekmed said:
* God dosn't need any companions because simply he is not a human being and we can't compare God by us.

drekmed said:
* God created us to worship him as a test to see who will worship truly and who is not and he gave us the chance to decide our path whether to obey him or to not.
God didn't create us as rebot but he created the mind for us to think and decide what we really want. Nevertheless, there is no such thing called worshipping in heaven and we will just enjoy there without pain, without death and without hunger as a result for sacrificing our time in this life to worship only God and following his orders.

drekmed said:
* nope, it wasn't for curiosity because God knows the past, the present and the future and you can consider curiosity when you don't know what will happen in the future.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
When life on Earth ends, it is because it is time for all to go either to Heaven or to Hell. Those in Heaven will eternally worship God.

We as human beings cannot understand the mind of God. Life on Earth will end because God wants it to, and that's enough for me.

Ulver

I'll quitely wait for Ragnarok to occur and then all of you will have a real shock. :D ;)

np: Joy Division- Dead Souls

drekmed

thank you for your replies.

i didn't have any set path as to where i wanted this thread to go. i was putting down a few ideas that had popped into my head while i was reading through Revelation, and wanted to see what people thought about those and if they had any thoughts on the subject. nothing more. well, maybe it had a little to do with me being new, and wanting to break the ice a little more:bonk:

hope to hear more on the subject. and thanks again for the responses.

Drekmed

Ulver

Is it just me or do the notions of "God using us as some experiement with an eventual termination" or "God using us to solve some moral debate" seem even more nihilistic then the notion of no God?

People seem to have very little really optimistic views of Mankind's future.... yet with the way things have gone, maybe we would be more of a bane upon the rest of the universe then a blessing....

np: Jarboe- I'm a Killer

may

Ulver said:
Is it just me or do the notions of "God using us as some experiement with an eventual termination" or "God using us to solve some moral debate" seem even more nihilistic then the notion of no God?

People seem to have very little really optimistic views of Mankind's future.... yet with the way things have gone, maybe we would be more of a bane upon the rest of the universe then a blessing....

np: Jarboe- I'm a Killer
well i believe that mankinds future is a good future,,,psalm 37;11
But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace....and it will come about through Gods heavenly kingdom goverment...Daniel 2;44

"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
drekmed said:
When God created the universe, He created it perfect. But Adam and Eve brought sin into the world, and with it, entropy. Thus the universe is winding down and on a collision course with 'heat death'.

However, before this happens, God is going to step in and do something:

2 Peter 3:10 = BUT THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT; IN THE WHICH THE HEAVENS SHALL PASS AWAY WITH A GREAT NOISE, AND THE ELEMENTS SHALL MELT WITH FERVENT HEAT, AND THE EARTH ALSO AND THE WORKS THAT ARE THEREIN SHALL BE BURNED UP.

In other words, God is going to take the Elements that are on the Periodic Table and allow them to fly apart.

He is then going to reassemble them into a New Heaven and a New Earth.

Revelation 21:1 = AND I SAW A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH: FOR THE FIRST HEAVEN AND THE FIRST EARTH WERE PASSED AWAY; AND THERE WAS NO MORE SEA.

Where again, His creation will be perfect, and the Law of Entropy won't apply.

may

AV1611 said:
When God created the universe, He created it perfect. But Adam and Eve brought sin into the world, and with it, entropy. Thus the universe is winding down and on a collision course with 'heat death'.

However, before this happens, God is going to step in and do something:

2 Peter 3:10 = BUT THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT; IN THE WHICH THE HEAVENS SHALL PASS AWAY WITH A GREAT NOISE, AND THE ELEMENTS SHALL MELT WITH FERVENT HEAT, AND THE EARTH ALSO AND THE WORKS THAT ARE THEREIN SHALL BE BURNED UP.

In other words, God is going to take the Elements that are on the Periodic Table and allow them to fly apart.

He is then going to reassemble them into a New Heaven and a New Earth.

Revelation 21:1 = AND I SAW A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH: FOR THE FIRST HEAVEN AND THE FIRST EARTH WERE PASSED AWAY; AND THERE WAS NO MORE SEA.

Where again, His creation will be perfect, and the Law of Entropy won't apply.
my belief is somewhat differant to that ,it is my belief that the new heavens are a new heavenly rulership that will take over the rulership of man , many times in the bible the heavens are spoken of as the ruling power.and the new earth is a new earthly society of people , the earth in the bible is sometimes spoken of as the people on the earth not the globe itself .so when the bible says the heaven will pass away that is correct because the manmade goverments of man will pass away .and the elements of the earth will be completly destroyed nothing will escape all elements of satans political system will cease to remainbe cause the bible tells us that the whole world is in the power of the wicked one satan the devil 1 john;5;19 but not for long

enton

drekmed said:

Drekmed
What about your style of clothing? Do you keep a rotten shirt which is disposable already, except if you are stingy enough to retain your old clothes?

By the way, God is a Creator.;)

drekmed

if god created perfection, then how could a perfect creation foul something up?

edit: and yes, i do keep old clothing even after it is all messed up, even then it can be used as something else.

drekmed