• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Reason

Unes

Premium Member
Consciousness

(Continued)

Let us analyze the development of a snowflake from another angel. Time lapse photography of snowflake shows different stages of a snowflake development. Let us focus on one of the developing arm which already has grown half way. Let us vision four little imaginary rings on this newly developing arm, and name them a, b, c, and d in a row, and let each of these rings to be one half of one millimeter apart from their adjacent ring. We know these four rings are flattened in the middle; at 90 degree and 270 degree. Let us name the left edge of these rings by a1, b1, c1, and d1. And their right edges by a3, b3, c3, and d3. And name their mid points (at 90 degree and 270 degree) by a2, b2, c2, d2 and a4, b4, c4, d4 respectively.

As the snowflakes swinging and falling down toward the earth each second the condition of the micro-environment might be changing. Because our marked points on the arm are very close together then the changes in atmosphere are affecting our marked points more or less the same way. At this situation the shape of water molecules have no impact on the shape of the developing arm; water molecules attach themselves to the growing arm without any preference, for the water molecules the bonding at a1, b1, c1, d1 are very similar to each other, and bonding at a2, b2, c2, d2 are very similar too, and so on and so forth. Of course because of the difference of the shape of the ring at point a1 and point a2 the rate of water molecule bonding at these points might be slightly different from each other, but the condition at points a1, b1, c1, d1 which all are located at the left edge of the arm are virtually the same, and they are very close together. It makes no sense that the rate of growth at point a1 be twice or four times of the rate of growth at point b1, or point c1, or point d1, or vice versa. But still one might argue that being one half of one millimeter apart in their positions does affect the bonding of new water molecules at those points. To flatly reject this picky criticism, I would say if being one half of one millimeter apart in the position on the arm can affect that much change in the rate of the bonding of water molecules, then for sure I expect to see far more drastic differences in the rates of growth of the similar points on the other arms of the snowflakes which are much further apart! As the empirical count shows 0.01% of snowflakes all six arms grow more or less in similar pattern! As I argued before the production of these ideal six-fold symmetric shapes with this abundance goes far beyond of the probability of random growth. These arms grow as if they are carrying the same gene, but another snowflake which is developing nearby in the same micro-atmospheric condition its arms are developing in a very different pattern, as if it is carrying a totally different gene! As far as our science is concerned absolutely there is no mechanism to coordinate or to harmonize the growth of these arms in the developing snowflake. The possibility that each arm can grow in various different shapes, but actually they do not, this process defies the scientific idea of the statistical randomness to its core.

Water molecules which come to contact with these surfaces they get attached to the developing snowflakes' structure. Maybe the micro-environment conditions at a1, a2, a3, and a4 differ from each other, because they are located at different sides of the arm, but I do not see any major factor that could influence the water molecules to favor any of these spots consistently for the duration of their development, since the snowflake is falling and the direction of its arms are constantly changing. This strange behavior defies the randomness nature of this process.

Scientifically most snowflakes do not have a perfect symmetry, but as far as our artistic point of view is concern their symmetrical shapes are pleasing to our eyes, an object of beauty with tremendous appeals. Their symmetries have been a source of enormous inspiration in our art and in our taste of design. Confidently I can claim their symmetrical beauties have been nurturing our intelligence and they have been contributing to our inspirational intellects. So, their beauty should not be considered just a random act of nature, it is much more than that, it is a channel guiding us and educating us to the existence of the Active Agent deep within the fabric of the nature who consciously, deliberately, and intentionally is empowering the growth of our intelligence with such clarity and awareness!

Even though the ancient man from very early stages of his intelligence was inspired to recognize the existence of this mysterious force who was influencing his environment and his life, but our advanced scientific discoveries were needed to confirm the validity of those early confusing assessments! And for us science has been and it is our best arbitrator.

This conclusion also confirms the existence of panpsychicism and synchronicity phenomena that some psychologists and philosophers have discovered them through their rational thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfevXVQSaNU&index=16&list=PL-yth3DXLxrQl4BSptPEOhj-ejg4sV0CR

With unimaginable successes that our science has produced our amazing technologies it is hard to stand up and challenge our science for being faulty and wrong. I hope that you focus on the essence of my arguments and judge them rationally without being intimidated. I am sure with further investigations we can prove the existence of this Active Conductor in many other phenomena all around us, we only need to have keen observations in order to recognize them. And of course, we need to understand the corresponding scientific methodologies in order to be able to detect the possible influence of the Active Conductor in those processes.

To be continued on next post

Unes

Premium Member
Consciousness
(Continued)

God

The Active Conductor

I think full glories of God are beyond human's imaginations. Each of us based on our individual capabilities can only grasp a very limited vision of God's glories. These individual visions of God have been tailor-made for each individual's capacities and experiences. Based on this understanding, I believe in the existence of God who is running our lives in minute details all the time.

In the past in some articles I assumed that God was the creator of this Universe, and he was a separate entity from this Universe. This is the view of Monotheism. I reached to that conclusion because no changes could be allowed within the glory of God. This made sense to me at that time. Then, I realized there was a problem with that view. If our Universe is outside the domain of God, then the existence of this Universe imposes a limitation to the domain of God, and this is unacceptable. Domain of God should encompass everything, and that includes our Universe. This is the view of Panentheism. But, still the contradiction of "the change within the domain of God" persists. To solve this problem we need to examine passage of Time for the events of this universe. For us passage of time is real and it is relativistic, our life has been entangled with the element of time, so passage of time and the changes that it produces is the main experiences of our life, but for God Time is a constant, and it does not change, God sees this Universe as a four-dimension block, past, present, and future exist simultaneously. And since for God all events are known then quantum uncertainty rule does not exist. And this conclusion is quite in harmony with our other findings.

Let me explore this view for the events of our life, and see how our common belief in God jives with this idea. The believers commonly believe that God hears and answers our prayers all the time. This common belief reveals an important insight to our perception of God. Let us explore a scenario. In near future we will send human astronauts to Mars and to the other planets in our solar system. Assume when the astronauts are exploring the surface of Mars one of their computer malfunctions and put their lives at risk. They immediately report the problem to earth and ask for help. At the same time they pray to God for help.

We commonly believe that God is with us all the time, then God knows of this incident right away, but how he answers our pray, this is not our focus at this point, but we will get that answer as a natural outcome for this analysis. It depends to the positions of Earth and Mars, it takes the signal from Mars to reach to Earth between 3 to 22 minutes. So, the mission control on earth will receive the information between 3 to 22 minutes in the future, but God who is present at the mission control already knows about the future signals in advance. So, as a believer we have to conclude, at least in this scenario, God knows the future before we do.

This scenario also reveals another fact, that God gets all the information instantly, and the distance in space is not a barrier for God. So, a supernova which exploded seven billion years ago, and we will receive that signal let's say ten years from now, but God already knows of that information at present time. This scenario reveals for God the past information and the future information is present simultaneously at present time. For God the presence of the simultaneous information at all time means that God has instant knowledge of every photon at all time. Then, this Universe becomes a four dimensional block of events that it is present to God simultaneously without any change for the passage of time. In this four dimensional block Universe all events are strictly under certainty rule, and all the quantum probabilistic events which are puzzling our grasp of the underneath mechanics of the events vanishes altogether! Since this vision of universe at domain of God is a fixed structure and it does not evolve at all, then we can consider this universe as part of God, or a project of God that exists within his domain. But, for us and all material things in this four dimensional block universe we do experience the passage of time and the limitation of the uncertainty rule.

So, in this picture that every event is already established with absolute certainty, our Free Will for our physical body is absolutely out of question. In order that our Free Will to have any validity at all, we need to associate an individual soul which it is not energy based, and somehow it is connected to our physical body, but it cannot influence the conducts of our physical body. Our soul responds spiritually to the experiences of our physical body, and our Free Will boils down to the nature of these spiritual responses.

Now, we need to examine how our non-energy based soul can connect to our physical body. This is very similar to the effect and the existence of the conscious Intelligent Agent in the fabric of the Universe that I argued in three separate processes of this Universe. In those processes the conscious Intelligent Agent is altering and influencing the processes of this Universe, but in the case of our soul, there is no influence from our soul in the experiences of our physical bodies, we only observe these experiences and reflect, and that spiritual reflection is the exercise of our free will, and that would be the extent of our body and soul relation.

May God Bless Us All,
Unes

12/11/2016

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
A Common Supernatural Phenomenon

Since the publication of the “The Origin of Species” by Charles Darwin on November 24, 1859 the academic world immediately recognized the significance of this magnificent theory which totally discredited the Abrahamic Holy Books. Since then there have been numerous debates and discussions to resolve this two different views of Man’s history on this planet. There have been many attempts to discredit the validity of the “Theory of Evolution of Species”. But persistently all the research in the scientific fields have proven the validity of the “Theory of Evolution of Species” beyond any doubt.

Many religious fanatics allege that the “Theory of Evolution of Species” is just a theory and it is not a scientific fact. These illiterate fanatics are so dumb that they want to teach to the scientists about the scientific methodology! Actually, all credible scientists without any hesitation acknowledge that the “Theory of Evolution of Species” is a very Sound Scientific Theory. This is science at its best. Just a lunatic person would think otherwise. We all owe a great deal of gratitude to Charles Darwin for such a magnificent discovery. He was brilliant. His genius mind was one of a kind, which opened our eyes to appreciate God’s Creation to its fullest extend. Shame on the people who foolishly challenge such in-depth knowledge! They are a disgrace to human intelligence!

Here I need to apologize to the believers for using such an offensive language! I do understand the pain and resentment that such impression causes on the believers. But, what I said is the image of the believers in the circuits of the educated and the intellectuals. This is absolutely crucial that I emphasize the full frustration of the academic world about this odd behavior of the believers. However my apology at this point, it seems so confusing because in one hand I purposely used such offensive language and then I apologized for it! This flip flop sounds so weird! Soon you will see my rational for this strange assertion. Believers are revealing something about our existence that is even more fundamental than the “Theory of Evolution of Species”!

The “Theory of Evolution of Species” is a SCIENTIFIC theory that shows how Man has evolved from earlier life forms in the Tree of Life. This fact proves beyond any doubt the falsehood of the Creation of Man which is expressed in the Abrahamic Holy Books. So the following verses are simply false.

Holy Bible Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth.”1:27 God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them.
2:7 The Lord God formed the man from the soil of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
2:21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was asleep, he took part of the man’s side and closed up the place with flesh. 2:22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the part he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 2:23 Then the man said, “This one at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”

Holy Koran [38:71] Your Lord said to the angels, "I am creating a human being from clay. [38:72] "Once I design him, and blow into him from My spirit, you shall fall prostrate before him." [38:73] The angels fell prostrate, all of them, [38:74] except Satan; he refused, and was too arrogant, unappreciative. [38:75] He said, "O Satan, what prevented you from prostrating before what I created with My hands? Are you too arrogant? Have you rebelled?"

In the debate for the history of man on this planet it is proven that the “The Origin of Species” is right and for sure the Abrahamic Holy Books are wrong. Of course this evidence is amongst many other evidences which discredit the claims of the Abrahamic Holy Books. Now, in light of such strong indisputable scientific evidence the question arises why still the believers so ignorantly follow their proven false religions? The answer to this question is extremely complex. In my quest to find a partial answer to this question, I like to focus only on the Educated Abrahamic Believers. These Educated Abrahamic Believers are at least well informed about the nature of the deficiencies of their belief system. Their formal educations and trainings have taught them about the structure of a sound logical argument, about the proper scientific methods, about the consistency and the beauty that science presents, about the fruits of the technologies that science has been generating, about the necessity of being honest and truthful when someone is searching for knowledge, and so on. With such educational background isn’t this odd that some of the educated believers are still dismissing science, so openly, in favor of some proven false theologies!? It seems it is easier for these educated believers to maintain their irrational faith, than just abandon their embarrassing faith and accept its falsehood. The educated believers absorb all the evidences regarding the falsehood of their faith, and they quietly continue practicing their faulty faiths.

( Continued onto the next post.)

May God Bless Us ALL,
Unes

The academic world embraced Piltdown man, steady state, big crunch, global cooling, warming, cooling , warming, and canals on Mars pretty quick too

the real word recognized them all as bs far quicker than they did. Belief in Darwinism is about 19% today in the US, it's not a very convincing theory

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Good point. Science wants to relate it's mistakes to everyone, and it's advances to only to materialists. lol

Science says, 'we discovered this, and everyone thought that'!

no, just you thought that...

]RAMEN

I'm not sure what you meant, but I think we agree?: science - the method, and science - the academic opinion; two separate, often diametrically opposed entities.

Unes

Premium Member
RF definition of science.no one uses that other definition

Dear syncretic and Guy Threepwood,

I appreciated if you commented on my latest updated material on Consciousness. I have examined three scientific phenomena in detail. Do you agree with my analysis? If you do not, could you please explain why not.

May God Bless US All,
Unes