• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Rain

Bishka

Veteran Member
I was just reading in Genesis 2:5-6 (I'm using the KJV version mind you),
"5. And every plant of the fields before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew; for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. 6. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground."

In your opinion, what was this mist. In my version of the scriptures, we have a footnote and it leads to saing "flood, flow". So, at this time of the earth, do you think God caused a flood everytime plants and animals needed water? How would this work with the animals. It says he had not created the rain, so how would he do it?

its from the translation the word is Hebrew and flood; flow are other words they used but is one word in Hebrew. since Hebrew at the time didn't have a large vocabulary like we do today. but i don't thank there is any thing to ponder about or anything that should be worried about

Bishka

Veteran Member
the truth be with us said:
its from the translation the word is Hebrew and flood; flow are other words they used but is one word in Hebrew. since Hebrew at the time didn't have a large vocabulary like we do today. but i don't thank there is any thing to ponder about or anything that should be worried about

Well, I want to ponder it. It doesn't matter to my salvation, but since all we take with us is our knowledge, I would like to know. I'm not worried. That didn't answer my question at all!