• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God And Homosexuality

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

For this reason God gave them up to dishonourable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:26-27)

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

The law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, men who practise homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine. (1 Timothy. 1:9-10)

So, why do you think god hates homosexual sex so much? I mean, it's no skin off his noes, is it? Could it be a matter of simple homophobia?

As Skwim has hammered this so many times with cogent replies and great questions, and yet, it appears again and again... I can't help but have some questions:

1) Does Skwim have a Godophobia?
2) Does Skwim not like someone telling him what to do or not what to do?
3) Does Skwim want to be his own god and establish what he deems to be right and what he deems to be wrong?
4) Does Skwim have a internal struggle and is calling out for help?

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

For this reason God gave them up to dishonourable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:26-27)

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

The law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, men who practise homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine. (1 Timothy. 1:9-10)

So, why do you think god hates homosexual sex so much? I mean, it's no skin off his noes, is it? Could it be a matter of simple homophobia?

Your question is moot, since you used the word hate. It's not hate to say, "Don't commit adultery, sexual immorality, use drugs," etc.

PureX

Veteran Member
Do you subscribe to the teachings of the bible? Or are you speaking from a position of a non believer?
I ascribe to no man's teaching. Being a Christian does not require my worshiping the Bible as though it were the very mouth of God, nor does it mean ascribing to any person or group's religious teaching. It simply means that I am aware of the revelation and promise of Christ, and that I recognize it as the truth: that God's divine spirit exists in all of us as we are created reflections of that divine spirit (the spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness and generosity), and that if we will allow ourselves to become the embodiment of that divine spirit within us, we will be healed and saved from ourselves, and we will be able to help heal and save others.

I am not a Jew, so I am in no way beholding to any ancient (or modern) Jewish religious scriptures, codes, rules, rituals or ideologies. Nor am I beholding to any Christian religious dogmas or proscription and ideologies. Christ is not a religion, nor is religion a prerequisite for being a Christian. So none of these religious texts and quotes wield any authority over me. As a Christian, they have to stand up to the test of that divine spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness and generosity within me, or they are of no positive use to me.

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Sodomy might have been spreading a viral communicable fatal disease like AIDS,; a concerned God would have rightfully disapproved of people's behavior putting each other at risk of consequentially being plagued by auto immune deficiency syndrome. Right?,

AIDS didnt exist 3,000 years ago. Neither did the germ theory of disease.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Who is this "we"? Got a mouse in your pocket?

WBC_protest.jpg

And god likes those who practice homosexual sex so much that he want's them surely put to death, because that's the loving thing to do

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)​

So what? God certainly didn't. He was against homosexual sex to the point where he wanted anyone who practiced "put to death."

The people wanted them to be put to death, and God obliged, but with the atonement we can repent of our sins.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Idolatry, specifically anthropolatry, isthe worse thing and yet most Christians do it flagrantly towards a person named Jesus. To believe or follow doesn't require the practice of idolatry
How can you be idolatrous towards Jesus since He's God?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
You don't "have to" IMHO. But you are free to do.

No need to throw out the Bible either, I just throw out the pages I feel are errors made by the writers of the Bible.

God never once scolded me for ripping the bad pages out, He even 'seemed' pleased I followed my heart and not blindly believed what was written 2000 years ago.
And what message would that send to people if we threw out some pages?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
How can you be idolatrous towards Jesus since He's God?
because god is not a respecter of persons, even if you are. jesus worshiped the father, not the created, not the begotten, not the formed. god was not begotten. being one with god doesn't make Jesus god absolute. God has many offspring but a parent who loves one better than another is not an unconditional and loving god.

claiming I and the Father are one is no different than claiming somehow I and Jesus are ONE,

john 14:20. there is something about God, Jesus, and me that is ONE but I'm not the absolute, i'm only a very small part of it but a very important part of it. as small as a mustard grain.

behold the kingdom of god is at hand. can you grasp it?

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
because god is not a respecter of persons, even if you are. jesus worshiped the father, not the created, not the begotten, not the formed. god was not begotten. being one with god doesn't make Jesus god absolute. God has many offspring but a parent who loves one better than another is not an unconditional and loving god.

claiming I and the Father are one is no different than claiming somehow I and Jesus are ONE,

john 14:20. there is something about God, Jesus, and me that is ONE but I'm not the absolute, i'm only a very small part of it but a very important part of it. as small as a mustard grain.

behold the kingdom of god is at hand. can you grasp it?
Jesus and God are one in purpose.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
AIDS didnt exist 3,000 years ago. Neither did the germ theory of disease.
Honestly, that's quite irrelevant.
Sex does spread diseases. Many diseases that are easy to treat with modern science existed 3000 years ago. But they didn't have penecillin or tetracycline, so syphilis or gonorrhea was as fatal and contagious as HIV.
Strict rules about sex made sense in the primitive world.
Tom

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Jesus and God are one in purpose.

seriously there is no bible verse that claims jesus is absolutely god. in fact, he tells you the Father is greater

john 14:28

uh huh, when you are loving everyone is god in purpose

1 John 5:2

thus god is in me

1 John 4:4

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
seriously there is no bible verse that claims jesus is absolutely god. in fact, he tells you the Father is greater

john 14:28

uh huh, when you are loving everyone is god in purpose

1 John 5:2

thus god is in me

1 John 4:4
It says in the Bible that they are one, meaning one in purpose.

Perhaps they are both God in a different way, but that makes them both God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Honestly, that's quite irrelevant.
Sex does spread diseases. Many diseases that are easy to treat with modern science existed 3000 years ago. But they didn't have penecillin or tetracycline, so syphilis or gonorrhea was as fatal and contagious as HIV.
Strict rules about sex made sense in the primitive world.
Tom
if that is the case, then celibacy would be the protocol when not trying to produce children. you and I both know that isn't going to happen.

the sabbath was made for man not man for the sabbath.

heterosexuals break the top ten all the time and are barely even noticed. they make no laws concerning their behavior contrary wise. you don't even fight against each other and rail. they're like bullies picking on minorities because they only feel in control; when they're controlling others.

HYPOCRISY in its highest form

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

does me too. thats is exactly what John 14:20 is saying

oneness literally means that

oneness | Search Online Etymology Dictionary

you can whine and believe all you want but Jesus is not God absolute anymore, or less, than anyone else who is showing loving kindness

but belief without works is dead when unconditional love is not part of the picture. jesus never, ever said to worship him as god.

it would nullify the word he promoted.

Deuteronomy 4:15

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
if that is the case, then celibacy would be the protocol when not trying to produce children. you and I both know that isn't going to happen.
Because this isn't 3000 years ago.
Monogamy serves the same purpose.

Which is why I support marriage for everyone, including gay people.

Tom

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

will, purpose, spirit

blah, blah, blah, blah

they are all synonyms bub.

again do you not know?

1 Corinthians 6:19

the fruit of the Holy Spirit is.......................wait for it.......................... is..........................................

LOVE

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
hetersexauals break the top ten all the time and you barely even notice.

HYPOCRISY in its highest form
Oh yes I do notice. And I point it out regularly.
One of the worst outcomes of irresponsible sex is a strictly heterosex issue. Unplanned children, who will either be aborted or badly raised.

Believe me when I say, I'm really quite prudish. I see sex as both important and risky. It's crucial that it gets managed competently. Religionists don't do that very well, because their primitive ethics aren't suited to the current world.
Tom

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Because this isn't 3000 years ago.
Monogamy serves the same purpose.

Which is why I support marriage for everyone, including gay people.

Tom
the common cold, flu, covid virus can all be passed via saliva, blood, semen et al

a virus doesn't care if you're human, celibate, or promiscuous. it might slow it down but there is no cure unfortunately for some.