• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God And Homosexuality

Skwim

Veteran Member
Actually, the Burden of Proof is on you since you asserted God, not the authors of the Bible, hates homosexuality.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Sagan standard.
You're mixing up issues. The issue to which I replied was not about hating homosexuality, but who wrote the words. Recall that you asserted:

"God did not write those words. And the men that did were writing them from within the limitations and prejudices of their time and place.
It's really just that simple."
To which I replied.

"And your evidence is: ___________________________________________________________________________ ."
See, not a thing about hating homosexuality, (and the issue of the thread is not hating homosexuality, but.. h o m o s e x u a l. SEX)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You're mixing up issues here. The issue to which I replied was not about hating homosexuality, but who wrote the words. Recall that you asserted that:
"God did not write those words. And the men that did were writing them from within the limitations and prejudices of their time and place.
It's really just that simple."
To which I replied.

"And your evidence is: ___________________________________________________________________________ ."
See, not a thing about hating homosexuality, (and the issue of the thread is not hating homosexuality, but.. h o m o s e x u a l SEX)

I'll let PureX reply then, because not only did you confuse me, you confused me with PureX.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I wasn't aware that all our thoughts, yours, mine, and the hooker down the street, were made by god.
Neither was I aware that Bible-writer-thoughts were anything else then Bible-writer-thoughts, and as I would not want those thoughts imposed on me either:D I would give God the same courtisy.
But in as much as that's the case, shame on god for giving me so many impure and hateful thoughts.
Maybe God doesn't mind at all; not bothered with this human issue (hypothetically speaking of course, assuming this God exists)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
But you're still the one who, with your thread title, asserted that God wrote the words. Then you posted the verses, to suggest and assert you further believed that. This is an assertion.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
And I assume Skwim's next move will be to play linguistics and say he never said that God said that, when he asked someone to prove that God didn't. This is fun.

Tazarah

And rightly so. Because the guilt you think they should be feeling is a poison of your own design, not God's.

I don't know what you're talking about but the bible clearly says that people who practice homosexuality will not enter into the Kingdom.

I don't know if you believe in the bible or subscribe to it, but there's no mistaking what's written.

Tazarah

Technically this means the Bible claims nothing here, because a man can never lay down with a man the same as he does with a woman.

I would call such a verse a 'kind of koan' (a test to see if people trust their mind fantasies or their brains and discrimination). And in the end, when confronting God with it, God might answer "just your concoction, 2 men can't lay down like man/woman, as men lack this particular 'front hole', so the correct reply would be, that this is a non-issue".

The bible actually says very clearly that people who practice homosexuality will not enter into the kingdom of heaven -- along with murderers, adulterers, etc.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

For this reason God gave them up to dishonourable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:26-27)

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

The law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, men who practise homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine. (1 Timothy. 1:9-10)

So, why do you think god hates homosexual sex so much? I mean, it's no skin off his noes, is it? Could it be a matter of simple homophobia?

Sodomy might have been spreading a viral communicable fatal disease like AIDS,; a concerned God would have rightfully disapproved of people's behavior putting each other at risk of consequentially being plagued by auto immune deficiency syndrome. Right?,

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Okay, here's how debate wouldn't have ran into some issues in reasoning, I'll show you the proper form:

Thread title:

The Bible is against homosexuality

Then in the question ask,

So, why do you think the Bible is against homosexuality?

Then it's just a question.

But the OP makes the argument God said those things, that the Bible isn't even God-breathed but God's direct statements and ideas.

You would then either have to prove that that's what the God almighty above really thinks, or accept you asked an impossible loaded question.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The bible actually says very clearly that people who practice homosexuals will not enter into the kingdom of heaven -- along with murderers, adulterers, etc.
Not the verse I replied to.

I don't know such a verse.

Tazarah

Not the verse I replied to.

I don't know such a verse.

1 CORINTHIANS 6:9

"9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't know what you're talking about but the bible clearly says that people who practice homosexuality will not enter into the Kingdom.

I don't know if you believe in the bible or subscribe to it, but there's no mistaking what's written.
All kinds of things are written in all kinds of books. God didn't write any of it. Humans did. And there are no inerrant humans. There are no omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent humans. So to take what humans wrote as if God wrote it is essentially an act of idolatry. And if that idolatry justifies the idea that one's own opinions on homosexuality are the equal to God's then it's also a commission of original sin.

Tazarah

All kinds of things are written in all kinds of books. God didn't write any of it. Humans did. And there are no inerrant humans. There are no omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent humans. So to take what humans wrote as if God wrote it is essentially an act of idolatry. And if that idolatry justifies the idea that one's own opinions on homosexuality are the equal to God's then it's also a commission of original sin.

Do you subscribe to the teachings of the bible? Or are you speaking from a position of a non believer?

2 TIMOTHY 3:16

"16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

PruePhillip

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

For this reason God gave them up to dishonourable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Romans 1:26-27)

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

The law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, men who practise homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine. (1 Timothy. 1:9-10)

So, why do you think god hates homosexual sex so much? I mean, it's no skin off his noes, is it? Could it be a matter of simple homophobia?

You need to ask deeper questions
Why does God hate adultery?
Why does God hate divorce?
Why does God hate pedophilia?
Why does God hate necrophilia?
Why does God hate those who ill treat others?

there's a pattern to all this.... but notice, God doesn't
hate pedophiles, homosexuals, adulterers etc.. God
hates the behavior.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
And I assume Skwim's next move will be to play linguistics and say he never said that God said that, when he asked someone to prove that God didn't. This is fun.

LOL.. and then there is the "change the subject" dance that he loves to play around with...

even when it all of these were answered before in other "just like this one" threads.

Is that called trolling?