• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God And Homosexuality

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I have a pretty good idea, although it's not important to keep count. Thing is, like a good play, there's pretty much a different audience every season. So if you've seen it before please don't feel obligated to applaud again. :D Howeeeeever, I don't recall your answer, if you gave one, So, how about sharing your wisdom again (?)

"Why do you, RabbiO, think god hates homosexual sex so much?​

You could check the p.m that I wrote to you 5/6/2016.

Tazarah

Who is this "we"? Got a mouse in your pocket?

WBC_protest.jpg

And god likes those who practice homosexual sex so much that he want's them surely put to death, because that's the loving thing to do

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)​

So what? God certainly didn't. He was against homosexual sex to the point where he wanted anyone who practiced "put to death."

Adulterers were put to death, blasphemers were put to death, murderers were put to death, thieves were put to death, false prophets were put to death, people who practiced witchcraft or sorcery were put to death, people who broke the sabbath were put to death, people who worshipped idols or other gods were put to death -- and the list goes on.

So what's your point?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This is not official representation of my Church.

First of all, we have to love and respect the homosexual.

Due to pressure, we don't excommunicate people for having gay marriage. We have to consider it a transgression though; we can't just throw out the Bible, or do you think we'd do better as a church if we did throw it out?

A heterosexual sin carries the same weight as a homosexual sin.

Idolatry, specifically anthropolatry, isthe worse thing and yet most Christians do it flagrantly towards a person named Jesus. To believe or follow doesn't require the practice of idolatry

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Adulterers were put to death, blasphemers were put to death, murderers were put to death, thieves were put to death, false prophets were put to death, people who practiced witchcraft or sorcery were put to death, people who broke the sabbath were put to death, people who worshipped idols or other gods were put to death -- and the list goes on.

So what's your point?
people who worshipped other humans were put to death

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
There is something obvious that everyone misses in Romans. They leave the natural for that which seems unnatural, Jesus said that the flesh counted for nothing

PureX

Veteran Member
So, why do you think god hates homosexual sex so much? I mean, it's no skin off his noes, is it? Could it be a matter of simple homophobia?
God did not write those words. And the men that did were writing them from within the limitations and prejudices of their time and place.

It's really just that simple.

Tazarah

God did not write those words. And the men that did were writing them from within the limitations and prejudices of their time and place.

This is an excuse that people from the LGBT community usually use to justify their bible-contradicting lifestyles so that they can continue to claim they are "christians" without feeling any guilt for their actions.

2 TIMOTHY 3:16

"16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
This is an excuse that people from the LGBT community usually use to justify their bible-contradicting lifestyles so that they can continue to claim they are "christians" without feeling any guilt for their actions.

No worries. They'll wise up soon enough and distinguish themselves from Christian Fundamentalists and not often stick too close to such teachings.

PureX

Veteran Member
And rightly so. Because the guilt you think they should be feeling is a poison of your own design, not God's.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So, why do you think god hates homosexual sex so much? I mean, it's no skin off his noes, is it? Could it be a matter of simple homophobia?
I don't believe Bible God hates homosexual sex at all

Why would God make @Skwim think that God hates homosexual sex so much? Or does @Skwim not have that idea about God

Last edited:

stvdv

Due to pressure, we don't excommunicate people for having gay marriage. We have to consider it a transgression though; we can't just throw out the Bible, or do you think we'd do better as a church if we did throw it out?
You don't "have to" IMHO. But you are free to do.

No need to throw out the Bible either, I just throw out the pages I feel are errors made by the writers of the Bible.

God never once scolded me for ripping the bad pages out, He even 'seemed' pleased I followed my heart and not blindly believed what was written 2000 years ago.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member

It's really just that simple.
And your evidence is: ___________________________________________________________________________ .

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
And your evidence is: ___________________________________________________________________________ .

Actually, the Burden of Proof is on you since you asserted God, not the authors of the Bible, hates homosexuality.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Sagan standard.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I don't believe Bible God hates homosexual sex at all
Okey.

Why would God make @Skwim think that God hates homosexual sex so much? Or does @Skwim not have that idea about God
I wasn't aware that all our thoughts, yours, mine, and the hooker down the street, were made by god. But in as much as that's the case, shame on god for giving me so many impure and hateful thoughts.

stvdv

The scriptures never say that God "hates" homosexuals, the law simply states that two men laying down together as a man does with a woman is an abomination.
Technically this means the Bible claims nothing here, because a man can never lay down with a man the same as he does with a woman.

I would call such a verse a 'kind of koan' (a test to see if people trust their mind fantasies or their brains and discrimination). And in the end, when confronting God with it, God might answer "just your concoction, 2 men can't lay down like man/woman, as men lack this particular 'front hole', so the correct reply would be, that this is a non-issue".