• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Homosexuality

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
I recently made a video, and during the process I changed my thinking on homosexuality. I believe that God is love, and hatred is not compatible with love. Also, with all the extremely dangerous new weapons now days, hatred is not compatible with the survival of mankind. The human race will soon become extinct if we do not curb our growing hatred.

I understand people don't have much time, so here's a spoiler for you. I believe God's plan is for a homosexual to win the lottery, if he agrees to God's wishes, and help God's chosen Savior to save mankind. I could be wrong, but it doesn't cost that much to find out. If God has the ability to influence the lottery to determine who wins. So check out the video and see if you agree.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
I recently made a video, and during the process I changed my thinking on homosexuality. I believe that God is love, and hatred is not compatible with love. Also, with all the extremely dangerous new weapons now days, hatred is not compatible with the survival of mankind. The human race will soon become extinct if we do not curb our growing hatred.

I understand people don't have much time, so here's a spoiler for you. I believe God's plan is for a homosexual to win the lottery, if he agrees to God's wishes, and help God's chosen Savior to save mankind. I could be wrong, but it doesn't cost that much to find out. If God has the ability to influence the lottery to determine who wins. So check out the video and see if you agree.

Wouldn't it be simpler for God's chosen saviour to win the lottery? And could Gods chosen saviour be homosexual?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I assume you’re talking about the Abrahamic, or Biblical God, who is irrelevant to us non-Abrahamics, polytheists, deists, non-theists, atheists and more. Homosexuality has never been a concern in my religion’s 5,000+ year history, or with our concept of God. It’s only Abrahamics that wrestle with homosexuality and how to deal with it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Wouldn't it be simpler for God's chosen saviour to win the lottery? And could Gods chosen saviour be homosexual?

Don’t start! :D There’s a Facebook thread about that, that makes the Battle of the Little Bighorn look like a circuit party. :D

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How about God give everyone the winning number, instead of arbitrarily decide on winners and losers?

I realize why the egotistical religionists, who desperately want to believe that they're superior to the rest of us, don't want Almighty God to do that. But there's no rational reason for God to behave like an egotistical religionist.
Tom

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Homosexuality is something nature creates and is apart of who those people are. I myself could never judge against who a person truly is when it harms no one.

If God hates homosexuality then why does nature allow it's functionality? It is clear that the God of Abraham is against it. I have read enough Bible to know that.
Its a divisive issue within religion.

I see that homosexuality is far more accepted in today's society. Where and when I grew up it was often stigmatized and rejected among people my own age.

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
Homosexuality is something nature creates and is apart of who those people are. I myself could never judge against who a person truly is when it harms no one.

If God hates homosexuality then why does nature allow it's functionality? It is clear that the God of Abraham is against it. I have read enough Bible to know that.
Its a divisive issue within religion.

I see that homosexuality is far more accepted in today's society. Where and when I grew up it was often stigmatized and rejected among people my own age.

You must not have watched the video, because one of the points is that hatred is by the Devil. People mistake the Devil for God.

Conceivia

Working to save mankind

In that case, there would be no reason for the people to accept the Savior. People have to choose to accept the Savior, so there has to be a logic that they can not deny. Remember there is already a belief system in place that one will come to claiming to be the Savior, but will be the Antichrist. So if a homosexual was the Savior, people would consider that person to be the Antichrist, and it'd be over.

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
What do you mean by this?

I've watched too many videos by homophobic Christians claiming to love me to bother with yet another.
Tom

The Bible was written by man. Who has more influence over man, God or the Devil? Obviously, the Devil has always had more influence over man. Therefore, much of the teachings of the churches, are the teachings of the Devil. It is not about loving you, or homosexuals even, at all. It is about God's plan to fix the problem and save mankind.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
To me sexuality seems like a human concern, rather than a Godly one. And of course you need to view religious texts in their historical and cultural context.

Conceivia

Working to save mankind
To me sexuality seems like a human concern, rather than a Godly one. And of course you need to view religious texts in their historical and cultural context.
How about God give everyone the winning number, instead of arbitrarily decide on winners and losers?

I realize why the egotistical religionists, who desperately want to believe that they're superior to the rest of us, don't want Almighty God to do that. But there's no rational reason for God to behave like an egotistical religionist.
Tom

I've heard that most people who win the lottery, their lives are basically ruined by it. Some become drug addicts. Some use it to buy sex, often from neighbors and friends ruining their marriages as well. Every bad habbit or temptation comes to the surface.

Winning the lottery is not going to make your life better. The money, however, can be used to end poverty and bring World Peace, and make Heaven on Earth.

When someone comes up with a plan, that does not make that person egotistical. If I was egotistical, I'd tell you about myself, show pictures of myself. I'd say, "Hey, look at me, I'm awesome!" I do not do this. I do not consider myself important at all. I am nobody. What is important, is saving mankind. I have a plan that I believe will save mankind, and if I am correct, that would make me the Savior. Even so, I still consider myself a nobody. The plan is what is important, and my only importance is that I am the only one who can bring the plan about. That is not being egotistical. If I came up with a new invention for a new kind of mouse trap in my head, I'd tell you that I am the only one who can make it. That is not ego, that is simply stating a fact. I am the only one who fully understands my plan, therefore, I am the only one who can do it.

I am in fact, an extremely humble person. I almost never talk about myself.