• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and homosexuality.

leov

Not to me it isn't.
Christians commonly assert demonstrably false things, then act surprised that I didn't believe the very implausible things that have no evidence.
Tom
It is to me. Christ Jesus did things that Christians do not and He did not do things that they do, it is true.

shmogie

Why is it so difficult for theists to get their heads round this simple idea? I haven't put forward an explanation - you have. A mystery doesn't make a book of bronze age myths, and a god that doesn't like the gay people it created, look any more credible.
There are only two possible explanations. God created all there is, or it was created by natural processes, reject one, you de facto accept the other, whether you want to, or not.

God loves every person He created. Those who reject his standards choose the consequence of doing so.

You mention credibility, as if you are the arbiter of what is credible, you are not.

You can only decide what is credible to you. Decide what you will, I couldn´t care less as to whether you find the Bible credible, or not.

You seem to think your opinion should mean something to me, it doesn´t.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Free speech.

That goes without saying, so maybe I should rephrase... why should we pay attention? After all, my opinion and beliefs are just as valid as yours, yes?

shmogie

But Christians commonly tell me that homophobic laws are still in force, but can't say why.

There's a whole thread about it.
Tom
I can tell you exactly what rules exist regarding homosexuality in the New Testament.

An unrepentant practicing homosexual cannot be a member of the Church.

A Biblical and God sanctioned marriage is between one man and one woman. A Christian cannot in any way participate in any other kind of marriage.

There ya go, thatś all there is

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Depends on your consciousness.
Nonsense.
Objective reality is what doesn't change to suit your preferences or beliefs.
Religious reality does that.

If a person limits sexual partners, washes well, uses condoms, and is otherwise responsible, it doesn't matter what you think God said in the Bible. They're less at risk of sexually created problems.

Nothing to do with God or religion or prophets, or scripture, or any of that claptrap.

Scientific understanding of what causes the problems, and taking effective steps to stop them will. The Bible isn't very good at that.
Tom

leov

Nonsense.
Objective reality is what doesn't change to suit your preferences or beliefs.
Religious reality does that.

If a person limits sexual partners, washes well, uses condoms, and is otherwise responsible, it doesn't matter what you think God said in the Bible. They're less at risk of sexually created problems.

Nothing to do with God or religion or prophets, or scripture, or any of that claptrap.

Scientific understanding of what causes the problems, and taking effective steps to stop them will. The Bible isn't very good at that.
Tom
OT begins with murder, and punishment for murder...

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
There are only two possible explanations. God created all there is, or it was created by natural processes, reject one, you de facto accept the other, whether you want to, or not.

You're still not getting it.

The scope of what is possible by natural processes is unknown, so not knowing how anything happened naturally goes no way towards proving that the answer cannot be natural. We cannot assume that what we currently know about the natural world is even a fraction of what is possible.

There is no logical path from "we have no idea how this happened" to "therefore god-magic".

In any case, your statement is patently false. Quite apart from the countless other creator gods that humans believe in, or have believed in, apart from yours, we could posit any number of "supernatural" or magical stories that involve more than one god or no gods at all.